uffda udfa
7 years ago

I don't fucking believe this.

A harmless, fun thread that appears every year.
Then reappears at the end of the regular season.

Some can claim bragging rights for a year(ie: zero this year) when they guess right.

Now here comes UFFDA, hi-jacking the thread and ruining it for everyone else.

Originally Posted by: buckeyepackfan 

Not sure how it's "ruined"? You brought the thread back and went pollyanna with it. I added my take. I've responded to two threads. I see them as enhanced while you see them as ruined. It does appear that the reason I'm reviled by most, and specifically, you, is I'm not into the "fun" angle. Fun minus truth or balance is not fun to me at all, it's self deception.

If a team went into the playoffs that wasn't the Packers with our defense what would you think of that team's chances? You would rightly say they're a long shot due to a porous secondary.

The Saints have no defense just like the Packers. Theirs just happens to be worse than ours and it has to face Newton, Winston and Ryan vs. Bradford, Bears mess, and Stafford. There isn't a poster on this forum who would trade facing the QB's the Saints have to face for the ones we do.
UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

mi_keys
7 years ago

Apples and oranges. Brees is in a division with MVP Cam Newton and MVP candidate Matt Ryan, and now Jameis and the Bucs are there, too. Have you seen the Saints D? It's even worse than ours.

We have Aaron Rodgers in a WEAK division with Bridgewater/Bradford, Stafford, and Cutler/Hoyer/Barkley. Wow. One of these things is not like the other. Stafford was making some strides this year but he hurt his finger at the end and wasn't the same. We almost lost the division to DETROIT?????? DETROIT?????? It's a bang your chest accomplishment to beat the Bears, Vikings and Lions? LOL. If you have Aaron Rodgers and you can't beat the aforementioned there's MAJOR issues.

A home playoff game should be something to pencil in EVERY year with Rodgers as our QB in that division. NFC Championship games should be a given almost annually.

I don't hate the Packers. I luvem but I really dislike our GM, HC, DC and a lot of our defensive players. These aren't mutually exclusive ideas. Hoping for a new GM, HC, DC in the off-season along with a stud WR, gamechanging 3rd down speed back, and some guys who can play defense in any spot out there.

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

Yeah, that powerhouse NFC South that Carolina won in 2014 with a whopping 7 wins. How ever does Brees survive. Hell, three of the four quarterbacks you mentioned were in that division that year and each finished with a losing record.

By the way, the South has the worst record of the four divisions in the NFC over the five year period I referenced. It's 156-163-1 to the NFC North's 162-156-2.

Born and bred a cheesehead
uffda udfa
7 years ago

Yeah, that powerhouse NFC South that Carolina won in 2014 with a whopping 7 wins. How ever does Brees survive. Hell, three of the four quarterbacks you mentioned were in that division that year and each finished with a losing record.

By the way, the South has the worst record of the four divisions in the NFC over the five year period I referenced. It's 156-163-1 to the NFC North's 162-156-2.

Originally Posted by: mi_keys 

Atlanta, New Orleans and Tampa's D's have all been bad. Football is more than one side of the ball which seems to be lost here considering our D. When our O was bad, too, we were 4-6. When the O got clicking it was good enough to mask our brutal defense.

You have to take into consideration that New Orleans has a much better chance of losing to Carolina, Atlanta and Tampa than they would playing Detroit, Chicago and Minnesota. Just look at us. The Packers would rather be playing Chicago Detroit and Minnesota vs. 3 of those teams from the NFCS, or you think that's off?

Would you rather face Newton, Ryan and Winston or the guys we get to face? I'll take the NFCN over the NFCS everytime when it comes to the QB's an opposing D would have to face.
UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

isocleas2
7 years ago

Originally Posted by: mi_keys 

You're operating under the premise that facts actually matter to uffda, although he'll never understand what you're saying thank you for laying out a logical argument.

I think i'm finally going to /ignore the troll, I don't recall a single time I got done reading one of his posts and thought "hmm i learned something new". Its just the same flaming bag of shit everyone steps on over and over.
steveishere
7 years ago
Cam newton and Jameis Winston were both bad this year

Also NO lost 4 games where their defense allowed 25 or less points, we lost 1. They also got stomped by those hapless lions
mi_keys
7 years ago

Atlanta, New Orleans and Tampa's D's have all been bad. Football is more than one side of the ball which seems to be lost here considering our D. When our O was bad, too, we were 4-6. When the O got clicking it was good enough to mask our brutal defense.

You have to take into consideration that New Orleans has a much better chance of losing to Carolina, Atlanta and Tampa than they would playing Detroit, Chicago and Minnesota. Just look at us. The Packers would rather be playing Chicago Detroit and Minnesota vs. 3 of those teams from the NFCS, or you think that's off?

Would you rather face Newton, Ryan and Winston or the guys we get to face? I'll take the NFCN over the NFCS everytime when it comes to the QB's an opposing D would have to face.

Football is more than one side of the ball? It sure is. Likewise, it's more than just about the quarterback, which was my original point, that an elite quarterback doesn't guarantee success. It's one position on one side of the ball. It's the most important individual position, but it's still just one position on one side of the ball.

As for the NFC South, do I think their quarterback talent is better than the NFC North? Yes. Do I think their division is materially more difficult than the NFC North? No, and the fact they have a worse record than the NFC North, albeit close, over the past five years supports that stance.
Born and bred a cheesehead
DarkaneRules
7 years ago
No one has a perfect roster in the parity age, so it's no fluke to see the teams with the best QBs make it more often than not. We're in the big dance. We've got a shot. I'm hopeful.
Circular Arguments: They are a heck of an annoyance
Pack93z
7 years ago
The Packers defense has been its Achilles heel for a couple years now... nothing has changed this season. It is a bend defense, that has to generate turnovers to be effective.

But again this season, name a team in the NFC that doesn't have a hole in it?

Dallas is as close to complete as there gets, but relying completely on untested players at key roles on offense. There defense is giving up just 20 yards less a game... not a dominate defense at all.

Atlanta goes as Ryan goes, much like Favre, he can be unpredictable. Might go for 3 or 4 TD's or go down in a blaze of 3, 4, 5 maybe 6 interceptions. But guess what, their defense is near the bottom as well.

Seattle's defense looks like a shell of itself minus Thomas... offense has been leaned upon more late in the season with very mixed results.

Giants offense is anemic.

The Lions are what they are... average at best on both sides of the ball. Consistent. Beatable.

Basically.... welcome to the new NFL... it is an offensive game where any defense can be torched at any given time. Not saying we are not behind, but we certainly are in the mix this postseason.

I expect more out of the Green Bay defense... but until they make changes in philosophy, I expect a passive defense that lives by the turnover or gets scored upon consistently.

We consistently will have to out run them on offense, which makes the times Mike McCarthy goes into his passive play calling maddening. We should be a peddle down until the final seconds team at the moment... or be in a coin flip at the end like we have seen a number of times.

That is about my only complaint with the offense over the past 5 or 6 years... keep the foot on the gas.

10-6 is about right for a team that relies upon their offense, that at times is very one dimensional. They have to be lights out most games to win.

I am not a Dom hater, but I am one that thinks it is time for a change in vision there. Year after year, one cannot point only on the personnel for the lack of consistency out of the defense.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
Zero2Cool
7 years ago

But again this season, name a team in the NFC that doesn't have a hole in it?

Originally Posted by: Pack93z 

I'm all about trends and over the last four games, the Falcons have had a dominate offense and dominate defense.

Falcons gave up 75 (7th) points while scoring 154 (1st) so they are DOUBLING up their opponents. Falcons were also 1st in team passer rating and 5th in defensive passer rating.

Disclosure, the four opponents for Falcons were Rams, 49ers, Panthers and Saints which combined record was something like 19 - 45.

Packers (GOPACKGO) gave up 86 (tied for 13th) points while scoring 137 (3rd). Packers were 2nd in team passer rating and 15th in defensive team passer rating. Seahawks (playoff team), Bears, Vikings and Lions (playoff team) which combined record is something like 30 - 33 - 1

Flipping to the "other" conference. Patriots have scored 122 (5th) and gave up 43 (1st). That's just sick, almost TRIPLING up on people?
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
7 years ago

We're lucky we got Stafford with his bad finger or I imagine the game at Detroit is probably a lot different.

Do you take into account that Aaron Rodgers has a hurt calf on one leg and a bad hamstring on the other? OR does that not matter with your slanted perception against the Packers success?
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Mucky Tundra (7h) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Insane about Kingsley
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
dfosterf (28-Apr) : We got Peter Bowde
dfosterf (28-Apr) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
dfosterf (28-Apr) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
beast (28-Apr) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (28-Apr) : damn those vikings
beast (27-Apr) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (27-Apr) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (27-Apr) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
beast (27-Apr) : OL – Donovan Jennings, USF OT – Trente Jones, Michigan
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : Interesting draft. A bit shocked that we didn't select an early CB. Definitely have Safety help. Pretty happy overall.
dhazer (27-Apr) : wow the last 2 picks are really stupid and probably will be special teams players Top 10 draft pick next year book it
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : I think he ended up with a terrible RAS score
dhazer (27-Apr) : Anyone know what went on with Kitchens from Florida? At 1 point he was to be the Packers 1st round and he is way down the board now
Martha Careful (27-Apr) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Flag?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Sag?
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : It rhymes with "bag."
beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
2h / Packers Draft Threads / beast

2h / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

3h / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

3h / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

8h / Packers Draft Threads / bboystyle

16h / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

3-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

3-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

3-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / go.pack.go.

2-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

2-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

1-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

30-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

29-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

28-Apr / Feedback, Suggestions and Issues / Zero2Cool

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.