uffda udfa
7 years ago

The irony is strong with this one!

As for free agency, something else to remember that sometimes players use their RIGHT and choose to go elsewhere. GASP!!! I know, right!!!! How dare they!!!

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Examples? Cite them! Get out from behind the curtain. Rent the veil. Let's see what the real narrative should be about this football team by really getting it all out there. Sadly, those promoting the Packers version, are going to scatter rather than stand.

Almost fell over when I clicked the link that was within the tweet you wanted everyone to see... delicious irony that THIS was what was behind the veil:

UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

Zero2Cool
7 years ago

Examples?Cite them!Get out from behind the curtain.Rent the veil. Let's see what the real narrative should be about this football team by really getting it all out there.Sadly, those promoting the Packers version, are going to scatter rather than stand.

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

You want free agents that the Packers went after and didn't get, however, you provide list of players they should sign? I have.

That's right, scatter little scattering rat, SCATTER!!!

I actually know more failed trade attempts than free agency attempts off the top of my head, lol.

UserPostedImage
uffda udfa
7 years ago

You want free agents that the Packers went after and didn't get, however, you provide list of players they should sign? I have.

That's right, scatter little scattering rat, SCATTER!!!

I actually know more failed trade attempts than free agency attempts off the top of my head, lol.

No. I want examples of inconsistent logic from me.

The chatter is louder than usual that we might actually do something in FA. Now, make sure when we do that you call it wrong and impractical just like Mike McCarthy said in his presser. 🙂 I will be walking on sunshine to see that day. Get rid of Dom, I'll dance. Get rid of Ted I'll party like it's 1999. Fire MM, I'll consider streaking.

UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

Zero2Cool
7 years ago

No. I want examples of inconsistent logic from me.

see below
http://www.packershome.com/forum/search?postedby=uffda%20udfa 
UserPostedImage

The chatter is louder than usual that we might actually do something in FA. Now, make sure when we do that you call it wrong and impractical just like Mike McCarthy said in his presser. 🙂

When we sign a free agent, I am supposed to call it wrong and impractical?

UserPostedImage
uffda udfa
7 years ago

see below
http://www.packershome.com/forum/search?postedby=uffda%20udfa 
UserPostedImage

When we sign a free agent, I am supposed to call it wrong and impractical?

First, hilarious... ANYTHING I've posted is inconsistent because I'm not part of the hive mind. Got it. Ha ha.

Yes, if you tote the Packers line you should be critical of us signing a FA. Mike McCarthy said it wasn't practical. We don't need to get over the hump by using FA. That is not practical per him, so, YES, if we sign someone I want the hive to criticize it because it's just not practical.

UserPostedImage

buckeyepackfan
7 years ago
Why is this debate even going on right now?

The list of free agents is probably in the hundreds right now.
Can we wait until teams sign the guys they want to keep before we start railing on Ted to sign someone.

Also it really doesn't matter, I'd Ted decides to stay out of Free agency, then the weekly calls for him to be fired will continue.
Ted decides to sign a free agent, it will immediately be deemed the wrong move by all the genius internet GM's and the weekly calls for him to be fired will continue.

Sitting back and enjoying the off season reading.

I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
PackFanWithTwins
7 years ago
It is so easy to sit back and say. Go sign this FA or that FA, when you don't actually have to go and do it while keeping the team in good position financially with the Salary Cap. Seems nobody ever considers what the waterfall effect of signing some of these "prime" FA for the money they end up getting. That impact is normally not being able to sign somebody else down the road. If we had signed FA people wanted in 2015, one result would have been not being able to do Daniels Contract when we did, him making it to the FA market and either losing him or having to pay more than we did.

One free agent could be the difference between getting to the SB and not, it can also set the team back farther.
The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
Zero2Cool
7 years ago

Yes, if you tote the Packers line you should be critical of us signing a FA.Mike McCarthy said it wasn't practical.We don't need to get over the hump by using FA.That is not practical per him, so, YES, if we sign someone I want the hive to criticize it because it's just not practical.

Oh, so you are being inconsiderate and disrespectful towards me by putting a "line" of thinking as if it were mine? That's awfully kind of you. And I kindly ask you to shove it up your ass.

I've maintained the line that a successful team NEEDS to avoid the huge name opening day free agent signings and to target the second and third tier free agents. I've also said that even if you have a Grade C player, I would be good with paying them Grade B money to land them.

I do not believe free agency is a "water filled with sharks". I believe free agency is a tool that if used appropriately (e.g. Patriots, Seahawks) can help your team.

Our current approach appears to be to trade your 3rd round pick for someones 4th, 6th and 7th round picks. I don't necessarily agree with that approach.

Given our failures at 1st round picks. I have also stated NUMEROUS times I would rather us trade our 1st rounder for an additional 2nd 3rd and 4th rounder or something of similar compensation.

UserPostedImage
uffda udfa
7 years ago

Oh, so you are being inconsiderate and disrespectful towards me by putting a "line" of thinking as if it were mine? That's awfully kind of you. And I kindly ask you to shove it up your ass.

I've maintained the line that a successful team NEEDS to avoid the huge name opening day free agent signings and to target the second and third tier free agents. I've also said that even if you have a Grade C player, I would be good with paying them Grade B money to land them.

I do not believe free agency is a "water filled with sharks". I believe free agency is a tool that if used appropriately (e.g. Patriots, Seahawks) can help your team.

Our current approach appears to be to trade your 3rd round pick for someones 4th, 6th and 7th round picks. I don't necessarily agree with that approach.

Given our failures at 1st round picks. I have also stated NUMEROUS times I would rather us trade our 1st rounder for an additional 2nd 3rd and 4th rounder or something of similar compensation.

No disrespect or lack of consideration intended or done. We were discussing inconsistent logic. I was pointing out the fact that the Packers hive mentality would have to be confused if Ted signed someone. We just had Mike McCarthy say it wasn't practical to be using FA to get over the hump. Just a call to pick a side. Not only your own personal views on FA but to call out what Mike McCarthy said if you didn't agree with what he had to say. My consistency shouldn't be an issue. I've had very strong opinions on this regime for years. I only smile now seeing how the tide is turning and people are finally seeing what I saw a long long time ago.

UserPostedImage

Zero2Cool
7 years ago

No disrespect or lack of consideration intended or done.We were discussing inconsistent logic.I was pointing out the fact that the Packers hive mentality would have to be confused if Ted signed someone.We just had Mike McCarthy say it wasn't practical to be using FA to get over the hump.Just a call to pick a side. Not only your own personal views on FA but to call out what Mike McCarthy said if you didn't agree with what he had to say.My consistency shouldn't be an issue.I've had very strong opinions on this regime for years. I only smile now seeing how the tide is turning and people are finally seeing what I saw a long long time ago.

Some people pick a side and stubbornly and naively stick to it. I see trends and changes and acquire information that sometimes alters my perception. Such as when Ted Thompson took over the Packers, I was good with the trade high picks for more picks approach so we could build a solid roster. I believe we have a pretty decent core at this stage I feel the Packers need to be more surgical with draft picks and should use free agency when appropriate.

It's been said a side must be picked, or rather a call for someone to pick a side. There are no sides and that kind of divisive thinking is horrible.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (18h) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (18h) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (22h) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Insane about Kingsley
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
dfosterf (28-Apr) : We got Peter Bowde
dfosterf (28-Apr) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
dfosterf (28-Apr) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
beast (28-Apr) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (28-Apr) : damn those vikings
beast (27-Apr) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (27-Apr) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (27-Apr) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
beast (27-Apr) : OL – Donovan Jennings, USF OT – Trente Jones, Michigan
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : Interesting draft. A bit shocked that we didn't select an early CB. Definitely have Safety help. Pretty happy overall.
dhazer (27-Apr) : wow the last 2 picks are really stupid and probably will be special teams players Top 10 draft pick next year book it
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : I think he ended up with a terrible RAS score
dhazer (27-Apr) : Anyone know what went on with Kitchens from Florida? At 1 point he was to be the Packers 1st round and he is way down the board now
Martha Careful (27-Apr) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Flag?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Sag?
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : It rhymes with "bag."
beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
beast (25-Apr) : 49ers are Cap Tight
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

18h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

19h / Green Bay Packers Talk / go.pack.go.

2-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

2-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

1-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

1-May / Packers Draft Threads / dfosterf

30-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

29-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

29-Apr / Packers Draft Threads / Zero2Cool

29-Apr / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

28-Apr / Feedback, Suggestions and Issues / Zero2Cool

28-Apr / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.