nerdmann
7 years ago

But, he wont stay on the field weighing more than Jabba the Hut and there in no OL in Seattle, so he's gonna have to do it on its own.

Agreed it i'd be nice to have more than Monty. But, we could thrive with Ripkowski as single back, RBs are a dime a dozen and rookies can play right away. Oh, and Starks still isn't signed 😊.

Originally Posted by: Barfarn 

Maybe they're switching him to G.

And btw, Don Jackson is gonna YOTTO!
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
DoddPower
7 years ago

But, he wont stay on the field weighing more than Jabba the Hut and there in no OL in Seattle, so he's gonna have to do it on its own.

Agreed it i'd be nice to have more than Monty. But, we could thrive with Ripkowski as single back, RBs are a dime a dozen and rookies can play right away. Oh, and Starks still isn't signed 😊.

Originally Posted by: Barfarn 

I agree that if there is any position a rookie can fill, it's RB, especially with Monty and Rip to take the lead. So I'm not upset with losing Lacy, just saying he's a decent player. I still kind of wish they'd give Christian Michael a chance to compete for a roster spot. The guy is pretty explosive.
Cheesey
7 years ago
I liked him and his mad bull running style. But it's true he couldn't stay healthy or push himself away from the dessert tray.
UserPostedImage
Barfarn
7 years ago

I agree that if there is any position a rookie can fill, it's RB, especially with Monty and Rip to take the lead. So I'm not upset with losing Lacy, just saying he's a decent player. I still kind of wish they'd give Christian Michael a chance to compete for a roster spot. The guy is pretty explosive.

Originally Posted by: DoddPower 

I liked him and his mad bull running style. But it's true he couldn't stay healthy or push himself away from the dessert tray.

Originally Posted by: Cheesey 

I'll be shocked if GB doesn't offer Micheal a chance to compete; but he has no incentive to sign until OTAs. And GB may be waiting to see how many picks and UDFAs they collect. I know one thing, if everything remains the same, if I'm a priority UDFA, I'm goin' to GB. Michael is a guy that's just gonna take alot longer to "get it," and not only is he explosive, he doesn't have a lot of mileage on the wheels.

After being publicly declared a fatty last year. And since week 5 under the care of a rehab trainer constantly telling you the less weight the better and faster you will heal; and knowing that every pound over 230 is going to cost you 100K and he still has to have a full prime rib dipped in chocolate sauce for dessert after every meal; Lacy is just a loser.

Oh and I'd bet for the last week or 2 Lacy scarfed a dump truck full of diuretics and dropped 10-15-20 lbs of water weight. As we speak I'd bet he's 10lbs heavier. And with the $3M bonus he can now buy 875,145 more hot fudge sundays.
nerdmann
7 years ago
Do Apete or Jamal Charles have more left than Don Jackson can give?

Dunno man. I'd bring one of them in and let them compete, if the price is right. 👍
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Bigbyfan
7 years ago
Peterson is toast. Jamaal Charles is a speed back who is now 30 coming off two ACL tears. Don Jackson should never see a starting lineup in his career.
blank
gbguy20
7 years ago
AP please.
DoddPower
7 years ago

Peterson is toast. Jamaal Charles is a speed back who is now 30 coming off two ACL tears. Don Jackson should never see a starting lineup in his career.

Originally Posted by: Bigbyfan 

Agree with all of this. Don Jackson is a dime a dozen. Ted could find four of those players every year. I think Peterson is still an above average back, but the offense isn't a good fit. The Packers can get by with what they have at RB along with a rookie, but they can't get by with what they have on defense. I'm not optimistic they are going to do anything more than plug rookies in to fill the gigantic holes. The defense will continue to be horrible and people will continue to blame Aaron Rodgers.
musccy
7 years ago

I agree with what you on Lacy. I'm helping drive the fat joke train but I'm not happy seeing him go to a key NFC rival. He's still an effective back that defenders in the second level don't want to see coming at them. As maddening as his apathy can be, he can be good.

Michael is apparently one of the dimmer bulbs in the aisle at Lowes but he's still a hell of an athlete I feel the Packers could have utilized better last year. Would like to see him back as well, as frustrating as he can be.
nerdmann
7 years ago

Agree with all of this. Don Jackson is a dime a dozen. Ted could find four of those players every year. I think Peterson is still an above average back, but the offense isn't a good fit. The Packers can get by with what they have at RB along with a rookie, but they can't get by with what they have on defense. I'm not optimistic they are going to do anything more than plug rookies in to fill the gigantic holes. The defense will continue to be horrible and people will continue to blame Aaron Rodgers.

Apete doesn't pass protect. Not a good fit here.

Don Jackson gets 4.5 per carry, book it!
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (7h) : Packers have claimed DE Spencer Waege off of waivers from the 49ers and waived DT Rodney Mathews.
Zero2Cool (9h) : And the OL protections seem to be good.
Zero2Cool (9h) : I really don't know lol. I don't see him getting blown up.
Zero2Cool (9h) : -3 buwahhhahaaha
Mucky Tundra (9h) : 4th
Zero2Cool (9h) : because he's 1st
Mucky Tundra (11h) : Myers isn't even the 3rd best C on the roster atm
Martha Careful (12h) : I am not sure I understand the Myers hate. He was consistently our third best lineman. RG and LT were worse.
beast (16h) : Just saying I don't think moving Myers would help Myers.
beast (16h) : Center is usually considered the easiest position physically if you can handle the snap stuff.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : For now...
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (8-May) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (8-May) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Insane about Kingsley
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / beast

4-May / Packers Draft Threads / bboystyle

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.