Barfarn
  • Barfarn
  • Senior Member Topic Starter
7 years ago
I am so glad. I think his BS hurt the Packers at times!

As the door is hitting him in the ass, he fires off one last piece of BS: "My leaving is 1000% my decision." 1000% really? This is over compensation for something that he knows is effectively not true. His new employer, Gannett, is a pure evil. They are a monopolistic, treasonous, exploitative profit-taking propaganda rag and typical american [Small a] corporate whore. They will be stripped of their 1st amendment protection under NYT v. Sulliivan because they dont report the news. They perform Psyops to further their agendas and the agendas of their friends, some of whom are endeavoring to take away our Freedoms.

I digress. Gannett came to him with a "revised compensation package" and he either thinks he can do better or his ego wont let him work for less, so he quit. When your boss comes to you with a paycut and you quit, to say it is "1000% [your] decision" is 1000% deceptive. I'm shocked Gannett didn't recognize His Goebbels-like skill for propaganda; he'd could have made more $$$ as a manger in their psyops dept.

Gonna miss his scout stuff; but he probably only published the scouting opinions that fit his narratives; so it was probably fools gold anyways.
nerdmann
7 years ago
He's thhe one who jinxed Aaron that year with that "backup QB" story which caused Aaron to get his collarbone broken.

If he was an evil genius, he would get together with Chris Havel and Micheal Rodney to form their own site/reportage group and join the altmedia revolution. Because that's where it's at nowadays anyway!

He did good podcasts.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Barfarn
  • Barfarn
7 years ago
"Updated by moderator about an hour ago | Reason: Respect the man even if you disagree"

In the title I called McGinn, McSpinn!

If I was a NAZI and a moderator believed you said something derogatory about Hitler, how can I possibly demand your respect of him? There are some very amazing things that Hitler did that deserve respect. But if one wants to weigh the barbarous extermination of 6-10M innocent people as a grounds for disrespecting the man in way that overshadows his other positive achievements; how does one demand his moral value judgments be adopted by all?

Pal, I dont "disagree" with Hilter, he was simply a murderous scum. Oh wait, should I be more "respectful?" LOLOLOL

Ya see, it is my RESPECT for life, and my fastidiously research and scholarly judgement that illicit the said conclusion of Hitler. Yes, it's disrespectful, but, IMHO, Hitler doesn't deserve respect. And I'd question the character of anyone that gave respect to Hitler. But, my mind is always OPEN and RESPECTFUL. If you got something to say I will always listen setting my bias for Hitler aside, the best any human can.

I find your unilateral unexplained censorship argument very DISRESPECTFUL of my opinion of McSpinn. And its ironic that you obscure your DISRESPECT to this opinion by saying I'm being DISRESPECTFUL. Censorship is journalism's highest crime! If you're dong it to ingratiate yourself to other journalists, true journalist lose respect for the quashing of negative opinion. Your argument was set forth with maximum bias! That is you prejudge that McGinn deserves respect. Does Hitler too? Well I disagree and I'm gonna tell ya why.

I have caught McGinn misrepresenting the truth at least 30 times [a few have been laid out in other threads] in a profession that requires one to say everything consistent with the truth. I heard another one of his lies today, so make that at least 31: he reported that Cook was Ted's choice if not King. This is 100% impossible. But, the self-important blowhard wants to project someone that has eyes inside Ted's war room.

Now on the man.

Weekly, a sportswriter often is faced with having to write something negative about a player or coach/front office and/or to write a negative opinion about something. But journalistic ethics requires the opinion not to be cloaked as a fact and his reporting of Mike and Ted's supposed rift was shamefully opinion cloaked as investigative reporting.

When Cohen wrote that Fox-like hack piece on Guion and 1265 reacted; he put out some despicable articles to defend Cohen, who did something barbaric. In threads here I have discussed many facts that Cohen selectively left out of the story and it was the lack of balance that pissed off 1265.

A hazard of a good reporter's job is that sometimes honest reporting creates harm to a persons mental health, his job or causes a rift in the family. But, NEVER should a reporter take delight in this misery he causes. I knew McGinn took delight in the misery he caused; he saw it as a badge of honor; much like Hitler took pride in his extermination of every Jew in Europe. But, finally a prima facie showing in that article that was discussed on this site about 6 months ago; McGinn displays his sadistic delight in the misery and harm he's caused to the person doing the article.

And how about sending the chemically blinded wife home in a cab, so he could get to the game on time. At least the absence of a QB, a coach, a cameraman, a ref, or an announcer would affect the game or the product; but a beat reporter? He can write his column from watching TV; he can get a tape delivered to his house after the game. He can ask a colleague to ask questions in locker room. He can drive his wife home; tend to her needs; put her in bed and show up at half time and do his job. But, he either sees himself as so freaking important the world will end if he doesn't show up on time or he had some perfect attendance ego

Okay google "Bob McGinn charity." Has this guy given anything back...ever? I see no evidence. Hitler did some good things; what has Bobby done? I don't see any pictures on his desk or book shelves of kids/grandchildren. Did he set up any scholarships with local high schools? Work in a soup kitchen on T'giving? How about fighting racism?

I know he has taken several young guys under his wing [If he likes them LOL] and taught them the ropes. So I'd say that is positive. But, he's like the "friend" that provides a lasagna recipe; but leaves out a key ingredient. Betchya a million dollars, he doesn't leave his Rolodex of scouts [Which may not even exist] he accumulated while on MJS's dime to Silverstein or someone else.

I have no respect for McGinn and anyone who does is uniformed, BIASED or delusional; well unless they make a case for respect....LOLOLOL. I expect McGinn is a loser in every aspect of his life. Oh, but he has some journalistic awards.
Smokey
7 years ago

I am so glad. I think his BS hurt the Packers at times!

As the door is hitting him in the ass, he fires off one last piece of BS: "My leaving is 1000% my decision." 1000% really? This is over compensation for something that he knows is effectively not true. His new employer, Gannett, is a pure evil. They are a monopolistic, treasonous, exploitative profit-taking propaganda rag and typical american [Small a] corporate whore. They will be stripped of their 1st amendment protection under NYT v. Sulliivan because they dont report the news. They perform Psyops to further their agendas and the agendas of their friends, some of whom are endeavoring to take away our Freedoms.

I digress. Gannett came to him with a "revised compensation package" and he either thinks he can do better or his ego wont let him work for less, so he quit. When your boss comes to you with a paycut and you quit, to say it is "1000% [your] decision" is 1000% deceptive. I'm shocked Gannett didn't recognize His Goebbels-like skill for propaganda; he'd could have made more $$$ as a manger in their psyops dept.

Gonna miss his scout stuff; but he probably only published the scouting opinions that fit his narratives; so it was probably fools gold anyways.

Originally Posted by: Barfarn 

Barfarn , no need to sugar coat it , tell us what you really think . As for me , Packers.com is more a place to look for facts and not rely on for honest opinions. There are loads of independent sources that I trust more .

[cheers]

UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
7 years ago

Barfarn , no need to sugar coat it , tell us what you really think . As for me , Packers.com is more a place to look for facts and not rely on for honest opinions. There are loads of independent sources that I trust more . [/center]

Originally Posted by: Smokey 

Packers.com is flavored to the Packers, not facts, not unbias information. It's the last place I'd go for Packers information unless you're talking Roster or things like that. And I'm okay with the Packers running their website like that. It's smart business.

Anytime the Packers lose someone who covers them, regardless of if they were good, bad, agreeable or not, it's bad. I like my teams to be covered as widely and opinionated from every angle. Mostly because, I can't think of everything and often times a writer will mention something I had never even considered.

--- Barfarn, I corrected the title. You're welcome.
UserPostedImage
yooperfan
7 years ago

Packers.com is flavored to the Packers, not facts, not unbias information. It's the last place I'd go for Packers information unless you're talking Roster or things like that. And I'm okay with the Packers running their website like that. It's smart business.

Anytime the Packers lose someone who covers them, regardless of if they were good, bad, agreeable or not, it's bad. I like my teams to be covered as widely and opinionated from every angle. Mostly because, I can't think of everything and often times a writer will mention something I had never even considered.

--- Barfarn, I corrected the title. You're welcome.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

I thousand applaud this post!!!!

Cheesey
7 years ago
Comparing a sports writer to Hitler....geez....
UserPostedImage
Barfarn
  • Barfarn
7 years ago
Found another McGinn lie! He reported that at #29 Ted was going to chose between Dalvin Cook and King and that both were still there when picking at #33.

First, Ted is not letting this info out of the building. If Mcginn is not outright lying, I suspect Ted gave different pieces of bogus info to anyone suspected of leaking to McSpinn. Ted has caught his mole; hope it wasn’t Eliot.

Second, if Ted had 2 players left in the tier; he’s not trading back 4 places for a 4th rounder.

Third, if Cook was not totally off the draft board, he was hanging on by a thread; Ted isn’t taking a fumbler RB with his criminal record until day 3 at best, probably late day 3.

Cook’s juvi record shows 2 incidents: a robbery and a firearm on school grounds.

7-25-14 He received a citation for having 3 pitbulls tethered around the neck by a heavy chain, the dogs were unable to move and the smaller puppies were choking.

10-2-14 He was charged w/ 2 counts of criminal mischief. He had a BB gun fight that left windows damaged in the cars of bystanders.

Then the big one: the punch in the girl’s face. Perhaps Ted’s biggest problem was that it was alleged it took Cook 3 punches to drop a girl. He was found not guilty; but a prosecutor felt they had enough evidence to obtain a conviction. This means Cook could have easily lost a civil suit. Not sure if one was filed; there was probably a quiet settlement.

Raised by his grandma since 2006 and now a poor black kid from the “other side of the tracks” perhaps holding down a job checking IDs at the gym owns a pearly white Mercedes and I can’t imagine how much he’s spent on attorneys’ fees. Wonder where he got all the coin?

One study states that a person gets caught once for every 800 times they break the law. I can’t imagine what this clown’s complete criminal résumé would look like.

There’s a lot of smoke, not sure how much fire there is; but it’s the smoke that kills ya anyways.
Barfarn
  • Barfarn
7 years ago
WOW, out of 62 mock drafts; McSpinn was rated as #61 on BTB mock draft score.

If you have dozens of scouts and front office people feeding you information; how could you possibly be the second most dumbest guy in the room?

This is evidence he was just makin' the scouts thing up; like he was proved to have done so many times in his columns in the past.

I did notice that one of his purported scout's comments was similar to one of the draftnik summaries. A scout could have said the same thing to McGinn and the draftnik; but it could be McGinn just McSpinns/massages comments he reads by Draftniks and then misrepresents these as having come from scouts.

DakotaT
7 years ago
Most of the guys that post here know more about the Packers and sports in general than most of these sports reporters. And a few are a lot more articulate and better writers.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (15h) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (16h) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (20h) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Insane about Kingsley
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
dfosterf (28-Apr) : We got Peter Bowde
dfosterf (28-Apr) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
dfosterf (28-Apr) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
beast (28-Apr) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (28-Apr) : damn those vikings
beast (27-Apr) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (27-Apr) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (27-Apr) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
beast (27-Apr) : OL – Donovan Jennings, USF OT – Trente Jones, Michigan
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : Interesting draft. A bit shocked that we didn't select an early CB. Definitely have Safety help. Pretty happy overall.
dhazer (27-Apr) : wow the last 2 picks are really stupid and probably will be special teams players Top 10 draft pick next year book it
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : I think he ended up with a terrible RAS score
dhazer (27-Apr) : Anyone know what went on with Kitchens from Florida? At 1 point he was to be the Packers 1st round and he is way down the board now
Martha Careful (27-Apr) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Flag?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Sag?
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : It rhymes with "bag."
beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
beast (25-Apr) : 49ers are Cap Tight
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / go.pack.go.

2-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

2-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

1-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

1-May / Packers Draft Threads / dfosterf

30-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

29-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

29-Apr / Packers Draft Threads / Zero2Cool

29-Apr / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

28-Apr / Feedback, Suggestions and Issues / Zero2Cool

28-Apr / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.