beast
6 years ago

Spoke to an NFL agent and asked him why he thinks it took so long for Adams to sign.
He gave a theory as to why and a review of the rookie contracts signed over the last few years supports this. But its pretty complicated and wouldn't fit on a bumper sticker.

Originally Posted by: Barfarn 

So you're humble bragging that you got to talk with an NFL agent! 😎
And got to ask him a question that we're wondering about! 😁
But you won't tell us what he said because it's too long? 😞

Just because someone complained about "dry , data filled , long-winded " doesn't mean you should stop sharing what you have learned or what you know just because it's long.

Sharing idea possibilities and/or educating each other is part of the process and part of the reason some have suggested that the Wisconsin fans are some of the best football fans, which I was surprised to hear being talked about, since it was said at different times at both Rams and Chiefs training camps, which I guess was being held in Wisconsin at the time.

BTW: He said he's never heard of an "averages deal."

Of course you wouldn't, because that phraseology (on my part) was horrible. There are no averages deals other than franchise and transition tag.

What I meant (and should of said) was verbal agreement to wait for the other deals first and review them before completely finishing their deal. But I take short cuts sometimes and wrongly said "averages deals".
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
6 years ago
True, I don't know who's fault it truely was.
One group of millionaires trying to one up another group of millionaires.
True it doesn't affect my life. It will continue the same either way....boring as heck with not much I can do about it.
UserPostedImage
Barfarn
6 years ago

So you're humble bragging that you got to talk with an NFL agent! 😎
And got to ask him a question that we're wondering about! 😁
But you won't tell us what he said because it's too long? 😞

Just because someone complained about "dry , data filled , long-winded " doesn't mean you should stop sharing what you have learned or what you know just because it's long.

Sharing idea possibilities and/or educating each other is part of the process and part of the reason some have suggested that the Wisconsin fans are some of the best football fans, which I was surprised to hear being talked about, since it was said at different times at both Rams and Chiefs training camps, which I guess was being held in Wisconsin at the time.

Of course you wouldn't, because that phraseology (on my part) was horrible. There are no averages deals other than franchise and transition tag.

What I meant (and should of said) was verbal agreement to wait for the other deals first and review them before completely finishing their deal. But I take short cuts sometimes and wrongly said "averages deals".

Originally Posted by: beast 

I am not you! Don't think like you! And would NEVER act like you! EVER! So Please, Carnac, stick to the subject matter even if you believe you have permission to do other stuff.

Actually discussed Adams with an agent, a "retired" agent and someone who did it for a short period of time and would never confine the subject to your phraseology unless it was a term of art in the industry. I reserve such petty logic errors nasty dishonest type arguments for those that call themselves the WI sports expert fans [rolling eyes].

And to be exact, these three guys were musing about how funny it would be if every team waited for others to sign, so they could all average. Not that I presented it directly to them, but your thought was fully represented in the discussion, it was laughed at because, well, because its pretty stupid. At least the real "experts" think so.

Now to get the real answer you'd have to have both 1265 and Adams' agent tell the same story; because even if you heard from one you couldn't take it to the bank. And they said Ball/Ted ain't talking, EVER. FYI, the speculation ranged from personal [Adams just became a new father a few weeks ago] to several other non cash related contract terms; some of which are being pushed back on by the NFLPA, so they could have been the culprits of the delay as well. But, one thing we know for certain, it wasn't about an amount of money or averaging.

PS: The suggestion has been made that the thing that makes loud-mouthed fans revel in their self-professed expertise and get all kiddy-shitty when their ideas are rebutted involves contamination of the WI's aquifers.
beast
6 years ago

I am not you! Don't think like you! And would NEVER act like you! EVER! So Please, Carnac, stick to the subject matter even if you believe you have permission to do other stuff.

Seriously? This is suppose to about Packers and fans, and sharing knowledge and you're getting offended and making things personal for no reason?

Please stop being offended... you dropped that you got to talk with agents... that's pretty awesome. You drew attention to something you should be proud of! That's a humble brag and again, awesome.

As far as sticking to the subject, it's kind of hard to when you're being personally attacked. Which I'm assuming you felt personally attack for some reason? Which is why I'm assuming you responded like you did including clearly getting off subject yourself and sadly the mods are going to lock this thread too because it's getting personal. 😞
But none of my post was meant as an insult to you!

And to be exact, these three guys were musing about how funny it would be if every team waited for others to sign, so they could all average. Not that I presented it directly to them, but your thought was fully represented in the discussion, it was laughed at because, well, because its pretty stupid. At least the real "experts" think so.

Yeah if EVERY team did that, it would be pretty stupid, because they would all be waiting on each other. OF course, I never you're wrongly implying that I said that EVERY team SEEMED to do it, when I just offered the theory that one team SEEMED to do it.

Now to get the real answer you'd have to have both 1265 and Adams' agent tell the same story; because even if you heard from one you couldn't take it to the bank. And they said Ball/Ted ain't talking, EVER. FYI, the speculation ranged from personal [Adams just became a new father a few weeks ago] to several other non cash related contract terms; some of which are being pushed back on by the NFLPA, so they could have been the culprits of the delay as well. But, one thing we know for certain, it wasn't about an amount of money or averaging.

GREAT INFO! And this is what I was trying to encourage you to post, so THANK YOU!
I'm going to applauded your post for this part.
UserPostedImage
Bigbyfan
6 years ago

You really do blow a lot of smoke 👅

But seriously, what's up with all the passive aggressive smack talk?

Originally Posted by: beast 

I think you have a secret admirer.
blank
Fan Shout
dhazer (1h) : wow the last 2 picks are really stupid and probably will be special teams players Top 10 draft pick next year book it
TheKanataThrilla (2h) : I think he ended up with a terrible RAS score
dhazer (2h) : Anyone know what went on with Kitchens from Florida? At 1 point he was to be the Packers 1st round and he is way down the board now
Martha Careful (18h) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (21h) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (22h) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Flag?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Sag?
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : It rhymes with "bag."
beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
beast (25-Apr) : 49ers are Cap Tight
beast (25-Apr) : Fuck
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : Kanata, I will be when I'm on my lunch later
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Love you NSD
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Huh. I guess the F-word is censored in this fan shout.
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Anyone who doesn't hang out in the chat probably smokes pole.
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : GoPackGo Thinking CB is the pick tonight
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Anyone hanging out in the chat tonight?
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : whoa...49ers have had trade conversations about both Deebo Samuel and Brandon Aiyuk
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : I hope they take a Punter at 9th overall. Be bold!
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I may end up eating those words but I think they need a lot more talent then their 4 picks can provide
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I really hope they stand pat and Draft a WR
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : @DMRussini
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : The Chicago Bears are very open for business at 9 and telling teams they are ready to move for the right price, per source
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend Penei Soul 4yrs - 112mil
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend St. Brown 4 years 120mil and
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : Now look, trading up to 13 to take a TE might not seem like a good idea later but it will be later!
dfosterf (24-Apr) : (Your trade up mock post)
dfosterf (24-Apr) : Mucky- The only thing fun to watch would be me flipping the f out if Gute goes up to 13 and grabs Brock Bowers, lol
beast (24-Apr) : DT Byron Murphy II, Texas... whom some believe is the next Aaron Donald (or the closest thing to Donald)
Zero2Cool (24-Apr) : What? And who?
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : *sad Mucky noises*
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : @JoeJHoyt Murphy said he’s been told he won’t slide past pick No. 16.
wpr (23-Apr) : Just about time to watch Sonny Weaver stick it to the seahags. I never get tired of it.
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : *game plan
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : IMHO, not even close. He is not a guy you game play around.
Mucky Tundra (23-Apr) : is Aiyuk worth a 1st rounder?
Zero2Cool (23-Apr) : 49ers are seeking a 1st round pick in exchange for WR Brandon Aiyuk
Mucky Tundra (22-Apr) : Based on Gutes comments, now I don't feel as silly having 13 picks in my mock the other day
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Zach Wilson to Broncos.
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Gutekunst says he'd love to have 13 or 14 picks. He's trading back huh lol
beast (22-Apr) : Someday we'll have a draft betting scandal
beast (21-Apr) : Sometimes looking extremely amazing, sometimes looking extremely lost
beast (21-Apr) : I haven't looked into the QBs, but some have suggested Maye has some of the most extremely inconsistent tape they've seen
beast (21-Apr) : Well it also sounds like Patriots are listening to trade offers, not that seriously considering any, but listening means they aren't locked
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Maye needs to be AFC
Mucky Tundra (21-Apr) : Not liking the idea of the Vikings getting Maye
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Vikings HC joked that he may or may not have sent flowers to Bob Kraft. That's where rumor came from.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
5m / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

9m / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Nonstopdrivel

9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

18h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

21h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

26-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Nonstopdrivel

25-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

25-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

25-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.