uffda udfa
6 years ago
In what is a very taboo subject among the org and Packers media, we have a GM who is clearly suffering from some type of brain deterioration. It is very sad to see. Look, I can't stand his style and think he's been an impediment to winning rings here, but as a human being I genuinely feel bad to see him suffering.

Some of his pressers over the last several months really show him to be borderline if not incoherent at times.

This has been noted by Total Packers on more than one occasion and Zach Kruse has recently tweeted to this effect. I've been on this also and just had a twitter discourse with Bill Huber of Packer Report just a few minutes ago where even he acknowledges he's not okay and no one will talk about it. So, lets...for reference.

How do you have a guy who has clear mental decline running your franchise? It's unacceptable. This is why I think Eliot or Brian are pulling the strings behind the curtain. Someone behind it surely realizes what many of us do that Ted is in sharp decline and really needs to have his car keys taken away, so to speak, for everyone's safety. I'm guessing Ted is just a figurehead for the org at this point and will be out shortly. I'm hoping and guessing it might be a few days after the roster is finalized.

"I'm just humpty do going along" is not an answer to a question you want or expect to hear from an NFL GM. He looks dazed and confused and has given some odd rambling non answers of late. His presser at the owner's meetings was particularly alarming from 7 minutes in on... but I can no longer find this video and it was something. Where did it go? It's lengthy. He gets bizarre at 7 minutes into it. The one at Packers.com isn't up to watch and the audio version is only 3 minutes 33 seconds.

Total Packers, as noted above, has been on this:

https://www.totalpackers.com/2017/04/ted-thompson-mental-decline/ 

Among this crowd we have a ton of rabid Ted defenders but can I ask you honestly? Do you really think there's nothing wrong with this man? It is time for the org to move on from him as gracefully as possible.
UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

isocleas2
6 years ago
Citing TotalPackers as a source for anything is kind of a joke, those guys are full of so much hyperbole and knee jerk reactions I think Alex Jones is jealous.
uffda udfa
6 years ago

Citing TotalPackers as a source for anything is kind of a joke, those guys are full of so much hyperbole and knee jerk reactions I think Alex Jones is jealous.

Originally Posted by: isocleas2 

I understand that, and I feel the same...however, it's another voice who agrees he's losing it mentally. Bill Huber agreed this AM that he was.

Asking what YOU think. Do you think Ted is okay? I don't and there's a lot of evidence to that effect.

UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

beast
6 years ago

Among this crowd we have a ton of rabid Ted defenders but can I ask you honestly? Do you really think there's nothing wrong with this man? It is time for the org to move on from him as gracefully as possible.

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

You give your opinion and then undermine anyone opinion who disagrees with your from the very first post...

You're setting up the false narrative that you either agree with me, or your a "rabid Ted defender" which is bullshit... as there is many other options.

Originally Posted by: isocleas2 

And uffda clearly fits right in with that group, having an extremely high standards for any facts that disagree with them, and an extremely low standard for any facts that agree with them.

How do you have a guy who has clear mental decline running your franchise? It's unacceptable. This is why I think Eliot or Brian are pulling the strings behind the curtain. Someone behind it surely realizes what many of us do that Ted is in sharp decline and really needs to have his car keys taken away, so to speak, for everyone's safety. I'm guessing Ted is just a figurehead for the org at this point and will be out shortly. I'm hoping and guessing it might be a few days after the roster is finalized.

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

1) Again, saying things that can't be proven as facts. As we can't prove how his mental state is when not meeting with the press which is about 99% of his job. So you're making this claim on what could be less than 1% of the man's job.

2) Your logic seems to be that the Packers made some moves that you like, therefore it can't be Thompson running the show, it must be Eliot or Brian... horrible biased logic by you as usual.

3) His speeches to media have not been sharp, but lets be honest, he's never given two shits about them in the first place as he never has tried to impress them... so that's a piss poor way to judge a person about something they've never cared about.
UserPostedImage
DarkaneRules
6 years ago
I am concerned about his health as his speech patterns, in particular, appear to have slowed in recent years, but that's for him and his family to go through. If he can't perform the responsibilities of his job, then those will be delegated to those who can.
Circular Arguments: They are a heck of an annoyance
PackFanWithTwins
6 years ago
If he is irritating UFFDa, he is doing something right.
The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
Zero2Cool
6 years ago
Its a ruse

UserPostedImage
nerdmann
6 years ago

Its a ruse

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Imagine if we could keep players healthy. Ted would look pretty good. NFCCG two of the last three years, despite it all. If they weren't point shaving at the end of that Seattle game, we would have gone all the way.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
DoddPower
6 years ago

You give your opinion and then undermine anyone opinion who disagrees with your from the very first post...

You're setting up the false narrative that you either agree with me, or your a "rabid Ted defender" which is bullshit... as there is many other options.

And uffda clearly fits right in with that group, having an extremely high standards for any facts that disagree with them, and an extremely low standard for any facts that agree with them.

1) Again, saying things that can't be proven as facts. As we can't prove how his mental state is when not meeting with the press which is about 99% of his job. So you're making this claim on what could be less than 1% of the man's job.

2) Your logic seems to be that the Packers made some moves that you like, therefore it can't be Thompson running the show, it must be Eliot or Brian... horrible biased logic by you as usual.

3) His speeches to media have not been sharp, but lets be honest, he's never given two shits about them in the first place as he never has tried to impress them... so that's a piss poor way to judge a person about something they've never cared about.

Originally Posted by: beast 

Excellent post.
uffda udfa
6 years ago
The post turns into a reply about me? All you have to do is answer the question. If the question irritates you, then attack the questioner?

Speaking to meeting with the media being 1% of the job is deflecting and ironically doing what you're accusing me of. It's horrifying if that's how he is in the limited time we actually see him. It doesn't make you wonder how bad he is the other 99 or do you just turn a blind eye and say he's only messed up in front of the media? I feel u would be one not to ever have the conversation that needs to happen with a loved one when it's clear they're declining and intervention is required for everyone's safety.

As to things people don't know...Eliot and Brian very well could be making the moves. To think Ted is suddenly 180 from normal? Lots of circumstantial evidence Ted is a figurehead now and may have been for awhile.

In any case, keep it taboo and ignore if you must. It's a conversation that needs to happen whether you want to participate or not.
UserPostedImage

Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (5h) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (5h) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (10h) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (10h) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (10h) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Insane about Kingsley
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
dfosterf (28-Apr) : We got Peter Bowde
dfosterf (28-Apr) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
dfosterf (28-Apr) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
beast (28-Apr) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (28-Apr) : damn those vikings
beast (27-Apr) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (27-Apr) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (27-Apr) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
beast (27-Apr) : OL – Donovan Jennings, USF OT – Trente Jones, Michigan
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : Interesting draft. A bit shocked that we didn't select an early CB. Definitely have Safety help. Pretty happy overall.
dhazer (27-Apr) : wow the last 2 picks are really stupid and probably will be special teams players Top 10 draft pick next year book it
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : I think he ended up with a terrible RAS score
dhazer (27-Apr) : Anyone know what went on with Kitchens from Florida? At 1 point he was to be the Packers 1st round and he is way down the board now
Martha Careful (27-Apr) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Flag?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Sag?
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : It rhymes with "bag."
beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
beast (25-Apr) : 49ers are Cap Tight
beast (25-Apr) : Fuck
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : Kanata, I will be when I'm on my lunch later
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Love you NSD
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

2-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

2-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

1-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

1-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

1-May / Packers Draft Threads / dfosterf

30-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

29-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

29-Apr / Packers Draft Threads / Zero2Cool

29-Apr / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

28-Apr / Feedback, Suggestions and Issues / Zero2Cool

28-Apr / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.