uffda udfa
6 years ago
This thread isn't dumb. It's a lot less dumb and more relevant than trying to guess the 53 man roster and I had no problem with that thread at all.

Don't worry, Buck. I leave when the season starts. I applaud you for handling my presence as well as you have. No F bombs and outright name calling? Bravo.

The org is not above reproach. Those who question nothing are drones. We're not meant to be drones.

This has been a primadonna team ever since the fortunate SB win. It looks as Ted fades that things are slowly changing and actually are making sense to try and get back to the show. My personal delight is rising as I feel the governor is starting to be removed from this org. There is a ray of hope beyond putting it all on 12.

UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

Zero2Cool
6 years ago
Question everything.

But, can you question within reason??
UserPostedImage
uffda udfa
6 years ago

Question everything.

But, can you question within reason??

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Absolutely. It's all a matter of perspective. What you may find wholly unreasonable, may be perfectly reasonable to me and vice versa.

UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
6 years ago

Absolutely. It's all a matter of perspective. What you may find wholly unreasonable, may be perfectly reasonable to me and vice versa.

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

Ah but that is the issue. If it is only "reasonable" to you and no one else, then it really wasn't reasonable in the first place.
UserPostedImage
uffda udfa
6 years ago

Ah but that is the issue. If it is only "reasonable" to you and no one else, then it really wasn't reasonable in the first place.

Originally Posted by: wpr 

If you're referring to the board, only, then you'd be wrong. This board is it's own ecosystem. Out on twitter there are those who hammer me like Buck used to love doing, and there are those who agree with me. What seems wholly unreasonable to the group here has an audience but in your world, here, it doesn't. That doesn't make me unreasonable, yet, wholly unreasonable to YOU and THIS BOARD. That's the beauty of it to me, but, again, that's a matter of perspective. I think it's great when there is a dissenting voice amidst the crowd of sameness. Heck, here there are some more inclined to the way I think. Yoop, Rich McGeorge, dhazer, etc.

It would be nice to understand what is being viewed as unreasonable? I'm not sure what Z or yourself might be referring to?

We've talked this out before about what each of us is looking for out of Packers football. It was pretty clear back then that the majority just wanted to be entertained and if the team happened to go far in the playoffs that was just a bonus. I watch to see a team with one of the greatest QB's of all time win rings. It's won one. Meanwhile, the guy in New England has FIVE rings, so, is it really unreasonable to expect better? No. However, it is to you because it hasn't happened. So, what happens? Justification for not reaching the destination... "It's hard to win in the NFL"..."Can't win it all every year"..."At least we're not Cleveland" and the excuse for not winning another Lombardi go on and on and on. I just happen to be a fan who expects better than you. Am I horrible and unreasonable to expect more? You are free to judge and apparently have.

What I know is Aaron and Tom aren't that far apart in ability ...Aaron is superior now as Brady is playing his final holes on the back 9. What is abundantly clear is our organization is nothing compared to New England's for if it were, we'd have 5 rings and NE would have 1. Another huge difference is when this team loses year after year it's injuries...if only we weren't injured. Meanwhile, over in NE, they lose the best TE in NFL history and they win another ring. They trade off Chandler Jones ...win another ring. I'm glad for you that you find enjoyment being 2nd best. If that works for you that's great. It doesn't work for me. 2nd place is the first loser. Most of the mentalities on this board line up with the org. Imagine that! Oh, we're a great team that always has a chance...we're successful...we win the division...we go to the playoffs. In NE, that's NOTHING to them and their fans. They operate under a different level of expectation. Had they lost to Atlanta in the SB it's a wasted year to them and their fans. I can't even imagine the flowery words over here had we been Atlanta: Oh, we were so close! We'll get them next year, on and on and on. One team and fan base expects to win and demands it and nothing else satisfies, while the other loves reading it's own press clippings how it's better than most and is better than their Bears and Vikings fans buddies so it's all good.

I'm not unreasonable...your expectations are WAY too low and your ability to excuse failure and even enable it in a sense is foreign to me. Have fun this year watching a team win regular season games and then implode when it matters. We'll still be better than 8-8. Great times! Nothing short of a SB win is successful to me but just go play an old Mike McCarthy presser on what constitutes a successful season. I'll choose to adopt the Patriots mindset over ours all day every day. We aren't them and that's shameful. No reason for us not to be other than the regime we have in place is not comparable to theirs.
UserPostedImage

wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
6 years ago
I am not referring to any one specific issue. I am not even referring to you specifically. If you look at my prior posts you will see I think there should be various points of view. Yours as well as others.
But my comment stands. Whether in real life or on a board, just because one person thinks what they say is reasonable doesn't make it so. The guy from Texas who use to spew horrendous comments certainly felt he was being reasonable.
Different points of view are what make a board interesting but just because someone can hide behind a keyboard doesn't allow them to say anything they want and claim they are being reasonable.
UserPostedImage
uffda udfa
6 years ago

I am not referring to any one specific issue. I am not even referring to you specifically. If you look at my prior posts you will see I think there should be various points of view. Yours as well as others.
But my comment stands. Whether in real life or on a board, just because one person thinks what they say is reasonable doesn't make it so. The guy from Texas who use to spew horrendous comments certainly felt he was being reasonable.
Different points of view are what make a board interesting but just because someone can hide behind a keyboard doesn't allow them to say anything they want and claim they are being reasonable.

Originally Posted by: wpr 

Everyone must decide for themselves what is and is not reasonable.

I understand why someone would say I'm not. A single group not agreeing, though, is not a great barometer. There is no view I've ever shared here that would have zero traction among the entire fanbase of Packers football. There's nothing unique I'm seeing or experiencing that would make what I'm typing unreasonable. Unpopular...oh, yes! Unreasonable...oh, no.

UserPostedImage

wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
6 years ago

Everyone must decide for themselves what is and is not reasonable.

I understand why someone would say I'm not. A single group not agreeing, though, is not a great barometer. There is no view I've ever shared here that would have zero traction among the entire fanbase of Packers football. There's nothing unique I'm seeing or experiencing that would make what I'm typing unreasonable. Unpopular...oh, yes! Unreasonable...oh, no.

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

As I already said, I never said I was speaking about you specifically.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (1h) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Zero2Cool (3h) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (3h) : Insane about Kingsley
dfosterf (5h) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
dfosterf (5h) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
dfosterf (5h) : We got Peter Bowde
dfosterf (6h) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
dfosterf (6h) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
beast (17h) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (18h) : damn those vikings
beast (19h) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (19h) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (19h) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
beast (19h) : OL – Donovan Jennings, USF OT – Trente Jones, Michigan
TheKanataThrilla (19h) : Interesting draft. A bit shocked that we didn't select an early CB. Definitely have Safety help. Pretty happy overall.
dhazer (27-Apr) : wow the last 2 picks are really stupid and probably will be special teams players Top 10 draft pick next year book it
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : I think he ended up with a terrible RAS score
dhazer (27-Apr) : Anyone know what went on with Kitchens from Florida? At 1 point he was to be the Packers 1st round and he is way down the board now
Martha Careful (27-Apr) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Flag?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Sag?
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : It rhymes with "bag."
beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
beast (25-Apr) : 49ers are Cap Tight
beast (25-Apr) : Fuck
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : Kanata, I will be when I'm on my lunch later
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Love you NSD
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Huh. I guess the F-word is censored in this fan shout.
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Anyone who doesn't hang out in the chat probably smokes pole.
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : GoPackGo Thinking CB is the pick tonight
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Anyone hanging out in the chat tonight?
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : whoa...49ers have had trade conversations about both Deebo Samuel and Brandon Aiyuk
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : I hope they take a Punter at 9th overall. Be bold!
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I may end up eating those words but I think they need a lot more talent then their 4 picks can provide
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I really hope they stand pat and Draft a WR
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : @DMRussini
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : The Chicago Bears are very open for business at 9 and telling teams they are ready to move for the right price, per source
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend Penei Soul 4yrs - 112mil
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend St. Brown 4 years 120mil and
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : Now look, trading up to 13 to take a TE might not seem like a good idea later but it will be later!
dfosterf (24-Apr) : (Your trade up mock post)
dfosterf (24-Apr) : Mucky- The only thing fun to watch would be me flipping the f out if Gute goes up to 13 and grabs Brock Bowers, lol
beast (24-Apr) : DT Byron Murphy II, Texas... whom some believe is the next Aaron Donald (or the closest thing to Donald)
Zero2Cool (24-Apr) : What? And who?
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : *sad Mucky noises*
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : @JoeJHoyt Murphy said he’s been told he won’t slide past pick No. 16.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
19m / Feedback, Suggestions and Issues / Zero2Cool

27m / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

57m / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

27-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.