uffda udfa
6 years ago
Interesting to me that our front office gets play due to the regular season winning we do around here but nobody wants any of the guys coaching here.

What does that tell you? It tells me the fact that 12 carries this team year after year has been good for guys like Wolf, Gutekunst and the Schneider's, McKenzie's and Dorsey's as the perception sells. However, nobody ever wants our assistants because no unit is impressive enough to warrant attention. So...What is it? Not enough talent but enough 12 to catch attention for our front office types, or putrid coaching limiting what talent we do have?

To me... It's a bit of both. Not enough overall talent and not enough quality coaching. We get stuck in a vicious circle of continuing to trot out less than stellar coaches paired with less than sterling talent and we wonder why we're not winning SBs given the substantial advantage we have at QB?

Blow...it...up. 12 is why we win. No reason to worry it will be worse because 12 will still be here. It's time. Our org is as fresh as a Foghat concert.
UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

rabidgopher04
6 years ago
Could be that the Packers deny other teams' requests to interview. That's been documented a couple times.

Anyway, Joe Philbin was recruited, Ben McAdoo was recruited. Winston Moss also had interviewed for jobs elsewhere (or was being recruited). It's not like it NEVER happens.
Amazing Bacon Delivery  Service! Never be without good bacon again.
sschind
6 years ago

Could be that the Packers deny other teams' requests to interview. That's been documented a couple times.

Anyway, Joe Philbin was recruited, Ben McAdoo was recruited. Winston Moss also had interviewed for jobs elsewhere (or was being recruited). It's not like it NEVER happens.

Originally Posted by: rabidgopher04 

Yeah, but saying it never happens fits the agenda.
yooperfan
6 years ago
Perhaps it's because the Green Bay Packers take very good care of their coaching staff.
Perhaps Green Bay is a very desirable place to live, work and raise a family and people don't want to leave.
Personally I think the friendly small town feel of Green Bay with it's rich NFL history and the superb football facilities would make coaches and their families think twice about leaving of their own free will.
It would have to be an offer someone absolutely couldn't refuse and I just don't think there is many of those offers out there from year to year.
uffda udfa
6 years ago
[list]
  • [/list]

Yeah, but saying it never happens fits the agenda.

Originally Posted by: sschind 

• Yes. The agenda that our coaches aren't very good. Who was McAdoo coaching here when he left? Aaron Rodgers. Who was Philbin coaching when he left....our offense that was more impressive years ago. Hired after the 15-1 machine season. Winston Moss met the Rooney Rule and was interviewed by former Packers player personnel guy, Reggie McKenzie. Went really well:.
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8263737c/article/interview-between-raiders-packers-aide-moss-didnt-go-well%3fnetworkId=4595&site=.news&zone=story&zoneUrl=url%253Dstory&zoneKeys=s1%253Dstory&env&pageKeyValues=team%253Doak;conf%253Dafc;dvsn%253Dacw;plyr%253Dhue_jackson&sr=amp 

The one guy who left in last 5 years worked directly with 12.

Our assistants aren't a popular group. We're left with a bunch of undesirables. If they're not sought after perhaps we could do better? MMs loyalty is detrimental. We've had more assistants just quit than be desired by other teams.
    UserPostedImage
    Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

TheKanataThrilla
    6 years ago
    Interesting take not sure what to think other than I would certainly like Kevin Greene to come back.
    Cheesey
    6 years ago
    Seems like a bunch of "yes men".
    Why would they leave?
    And maybe other teams see the lack of production, and don't want the coaches.
    UserPostedImage
    wpr
    • wpr
    • Preferred Member
    6 years ago
    I was curious to see what happens to Packer coaches after they leave GB. I looked at 2 years. 2006 and 2010. 2006 was the first year with McCarthy 2010 was 5 years later. It also happened to be the SB season. I didn't look at more years because I don't want to waste a lot of time.

Most coaches that left were hired elsewhere. Some ended up in college. Some in lower positions with other teams. Some eventually promoted to positions of greater authority.

It is similar to very other team in the NFL. Keep in mind the Peter Principle is going to apply here just as it does in every single other industry. People who are successful at one level will keep getting promoted until they reach a level at that can't succeed at.

Offensive coaches
    Offensive Coordinator – Jeff Jagodzinski
    2007–2008 Boston College
    2009 Tampa Bay Buccaneers (OC)
    2010 Omaha Nighthawks
    2012 Ave Maria (WR)
    2013–2015 Georgia State (OC)
    2016 Georgia State (associate HC)

Quarterbacks – Tom Clements
    Green Bay Packers (QB) (2006–2011)
    Green Bay Packers (OC) (2012–2014)
    Green Bay Packers (AHC) (2015-2016)

Running Backs – Edgar Bennett
    Green Bay Packers (2001–2010) Running backs coach
    Green Bay Packers (2011–2014) Wide receivers coach
    Green Bay Packers (2015–present) Offensive coordinator

Wide Receivers – Jimmy Robinson
    Green Bay Packers (2006–2010)
    Dallas Cowboys (2011–2015)

Tight Ends – Ben McAdoo
    Green Bay Packers (2006–2011) Tight ends coach
    Green Bay Packers (2012–2013) Quarterbacks coach
    New York Giants (2014–2015) Offensive coordinator
    New York Giants (2016–present) Head coach

Offensive Line – Joe Philbin
    Green Bay Packers (2003) Assistant offensive line coach
    Green Bay Packers (2004–2005) Tight ends coach & assistant offensive line coach
    Green Bay Packers (2006) Offensive line coach
    Green Bay Packers (2007–2011) Offensive coordinator
    Miami Dolphins (2012–2015) Head coach
    Indianapolis Colts (2016–present) Assistant head coach & offensive line coach

Assistant Offensive Line – James Campen
    Green Bay Packers (2004–2005) (Assistant offensive line/quality control coach)
    Green Bay Packers (2006) (Assistant offensive line coach)
    Green Bay Packers (2007–present) (Offensive line coach)

Defensive coaches
    Defensive Coordinator – Bob Sanders
    Green Bay Packers (2005) Defensive ends coach
    Green Bay Packers (2006–2008) Defensive coordinator
    Buffalo Bills (2009) Defensive line coach
    Buffalo Bills (2010–2011) Outside linebackers coach
    Buffalo Bills (2012) Linebackers coach
    Oakland Raiders (2013–2014) Linebackers coach
    Arizona Cardinals (2015–present) Linebackers coach

Defensive Tackles – Robert Nunn
    Green Bay Packers 2005-08 as a Defensive tackles coach,
    hired several weeks later by the Tampa Bay Buccaneers as one of two defensive line coaches.
    January 27, 2010, Robert Nunn was hired as the New York Giants Defensive Line Coach.

Defensive Ends – Carl Hairston
    Green Bay Packers (2006–2008) (Defensive Ends Coach)
    Florida Tuskers (2009) (Defensive Line Coach)
    Omaha Nighthawks (2010–2011) (Defensive Line Coach)
    BC Lions (2012–2014) (Defensive Line Coach)

Linebackers – Winston Moss
    Green Bay Packers (2006–2016) (LB)
    Green Bay Packers (2017–present) (AHC/LB)

Secondary – Kurt Schottenheimer
    Green Bay Packers (2006–2008) Secondary coach
    San Francisco 49ers (2010) Special teams coordinator
    Virginia Destroyers (2011) Defensive volunteer
    Virginia Destroyers (2012) Head coach

Defensive Nickel Package/Cornerbacks – Lionel Washington
    1999–2008 Green Bay Packers (CB/NB)
    2009–2010 Oakland Raiders (DB)
    2011 Virginia Destroyers (DB)
    2012–Present Tulane (Co-DC/DB)

Assistant Head Coach/Inside Linebackers – Winston Moss
    Offensive Coaches
    Offensive Coordinator – Joe Philbin
    Quarterbacks – Tom Clements
    Running Backs – Edgar Bennett
    Wide Receivers – Jimmy Robinson
    Tight Ends – Ben McAdoo
    Offensive Line – James Campen
    Assistant Offensive Line – Jerry Fontenot
    Green Bay Packers (2006–2010) Assistant offensive line coach
    Green Bay Packers (2011) Running backs coach
    Green Bay Packers (2012–2015) Tight ends coach

Offensive Quality Control – John Rushing
    Green Bay Packers (2009–2010) Offensive quality control
    Green Bay Packers (2011) Assistant wide receivers / special teams
    Green Bay Packers (2012–2013) Offensive assistant / special teams
    Green Bay Packers (2014–2016) Defensive quality control
    Los Angeles Rams (2016) Special teams & Defensive consultant
    Oregon State (2017-present) Safeties coach

Defensive Coordinator – Dom Capers
    Green Bay Packers (2009–Present) Defensive coordinator

Defensive Line – Mike Trgovac
    Green Bay Packers (DL) (2009–present)

Outside Linebackers – Kevin Greene
    Green Bay Packers (2009–2013) (OLB)
    New York Jets (2017–present) (OLB)

Secondary – Cornerbacks – Joe Whitt, Jr.
    Green Bay Packers (2009–present) Cornerbacks coach

Secondary – Safeties – Darren Perry
    Green Bay Packers (2009–present) (Safeties coach)

UserPostedImage
    buckeyepackfan
    6 years ago
    Let's put an end to this topic.
    Guess uffda will never let it die until he gets the results he's looking for

The whole coaching staff sucks.
    There is not one coach that would be hired tomorrow if fired.

The Packers organization made their worst mistake ever by hiring Ted Thompson.
    In turn Thompsons choice for HC was complete idiocy.
    McCarthy then proceeded to put together a staff that couldn't coach their way out of a paper bag.

The abysmal performance of The Packers the last 11 years is unacceptable!
    The Packers are entitled by The NFL to go to the Super Bowl every year!
    Even with that entitlement these guys have only won 1!
    UNACCEPTABLE!

Please move on Uffda.
    Nothing more to discuss here.

I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
    uffda udfa
    6 years ago
    Buck...It's noteworthy that Edgar and Dom haven't gotten a single sniff in years. Why is that? Packers O produces. Could it be this O should be producing more should it have a better coordinator? Shanahan was hired away from Atlanta because his O was dynamic. How's it doing with Sarkisian?

Always and forever Mike McCarthy will have been the coordinator of the 32nd ranked O and the guy who preferred Smith over Rodgers when hired by Ted. No reason to think we might be better with better GM and HC?

Our current crop of coaches go nowhere and get no sniffs outside of a Rooney Rule favor done by former Packers employee McKenzie for Moss and that interview went poorly.

Who is our advantage within our coaching staff? Nobody. Our HC won't move on from a dreadful tired old DC continuing saying how fantastic he is. There is one undeniable irrefutable truth...either Mike McCarthy is blind as a bat or Ted has failed to provide enough talent. Which one is it? So, as to the D, either Mike McCarthy or Ted Thompson has to go before it gets better. One of them, or both, is holding that unit back. It's important. It's a great honest question completely worthy of discussion but guys like you only exist to defend the orgs honor regardless of how foolish that might be. Fan boys mentality does nothing for a forum nor does that kind of mindset help within the org. Org should ALWAYS be striving to be better every single second. Cruise control fan boy mentality is worthless.

Open...your...eyes long before you open your mouth.
    UserPostedImage

Fan Shout
    Mucky Tundra (48m) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
    Zero2Cool (3h) : could*
    Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
    dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
    dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
    Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
    Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
    Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
    packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
    Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
    Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
    Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Insane about Kingsley
    dfosterf (28-Apr) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
    dfosterf (28-Apr) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
    dfosterf (28-Apr) : We got Peter Bowde
    dfosterf (28-Apr) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
    dfosterf (28-Apr) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
    beast (28-Apr) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
    Mucky Tundra (28-Apr) : damn those vikings
    beast (27-Apr) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
    beast (27-Apr) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
    beast (27-Apr) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
    beast (27-Apr) : OL – Donovan Jennings, USF OT – Trente Jones, Michigan
    TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : Interesting draft. A bit shocked that we didn't select an early CB. Definitely have Safety help. Pretty happy overall.
    dhazer (27-Apr) : wow the last 2 picks are really stupid and probably will be special teams players Top 10 draft pick next year book it
    TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : I think he ended up with a terrible RAS score
    dhazer (27-Apr) : Anyone know what went on with Kitchens from Florida? At 1 point he was to be the Packers 1st round and he is way down the board now
    Martha Careful (27-Apr) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
    Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
    Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Packers looking to trade up
    Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Flag?
    Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Sag?
    Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : It rhymes with "bag."
    beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
    Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
    Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
    beast (25-Apr) : 49ers are Cap Tight
    beast (25-Apr) : Fuck
    Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : Kanata, I will be when I'm on my lunch later
    TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Love you NSD
    Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Huh. I guess the F-word is censored in this fan shout.
    Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Anyone who doesn't hang out in the chat probably smokes pole.
    TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : GoPackGo Thinking CB is the pick tonight
    TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Anyone hanging out in the chat tonight?
    Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : whoa...49ers have had trade conversations about both Deebo Samuel and Brandon Aiyuk
    Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : I hope they take a Punter at 9th overall. Be bold!
    Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I may end up eating those words but I think they need a lot more talent then their 4 picks can provide
    Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I really hope they stand pat and Draft a WR
    Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : @DMRussini
    Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : The Chicago Bears are very open for business at 9 and telling teams they are ready to move for the right price, per source
    Please sign in to use Fan Shout
    2023 Packers Schedule
    Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
    Bears
    Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
    Falcons
    Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
    SAINTS
    Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
    LIONS
    Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
    Raiders
    Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
    Broncos
    Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
    VIKINGS
    Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
    RAMS
    Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
    Steelers
    Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
    CHARGERS
    Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
    Lions
    Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
    CHIEFS
    Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
    Giants
    Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
    BUCCANEERS
    Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
    Panthers
    Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
    Vikings
    Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
    BEARS
    Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
    Cowboys
    Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
    49ers
    Recent Topics
    3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

20h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

23h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

29-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

28-Apr / Feedback, Suggestions and Issues / Zero2Cool

28-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

28-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

28-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

28-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

Headlines
    Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.