Poll Question: Do you believe you've ever watched a fixed sporting event?

Total: 6

PackFanWithTwins
6 years ago

Z...I'm happy to read you believe some events are fixed. A virtual certainty.

What I don't understand is your dogmatic assertion this game couldn't possibly be one of them. ALL games deserve scrutiny when fully considering this issue. I would say this one moves to the top of the list of most likely candidates based on the tweet and the miraculous difference from Baltimore to Pittsburgh. Not saying game was fixed just that this one is highly suspicious and it wouldn't be any surprise to one day learn the outcome was manipulated in some fashion.

As a fan of the team it makes it hard to go there but that's when you really have to take the team's name out of this and look at tweet, last week and week before and look at it like a judge carefully considering the evidence. There's precedent and circumstantial evidence.

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

Where was it fixed? Vegas isn't going to take the risk or spend the cash to buy a single defensive player because there is not enough likelihood that they could make the difference to control the score enough. They would have to buy a number of the defenders and that isn't likely. The only way it would realistically be possible is having offensive players on the payroll to NOT score to keep it close or officials to make or not make calls. There were not any "questionable" calls that allowed the packers to keep driving and score. the only plays that really could be seen as keeping the score close were the Steelers turnovers. So as I already stated that leaves the options to Ben or Bell.
The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
uffda udfa
6 years ago
Ever consider how much easier it would be to get to a Head Coach? He influences what happens in all facets. Could control helping the other side score points and prevent his offense from scoring them.

Boswell's missed extra point looked awfully suspicious putting team on path to a potential 13 point win instead of 14. 2 point conversion put 14 back in play... Boom...Davante wide open, after Cobb the same earlier.
UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

warhawk
6 years ago
The Vegas bookies could not know Sunday was going to be a bad day until after the day games were played. I would expect that games like Philly/Chicago were very top heavy Philly and ate their lunch.

So the blood bath is in the books and it's Sunday night. Whoever would have had a fix on the Packer/Steeler game would have to have been either extremely organized with multiple officiating crews and players from multiple teams on speed dial or extremely lucky to have this in their pocket for this particular game. I mean we are talking about a couple of hours to get this done from when the day games ended.

Unless of course you think it's just a coincidence that the books got hammered and just happened to have this game in their pocket.

The Caesars Palace booking manager simply stated a fact. They got crushed during the day and with the Steelers getting the most play the sports books needed a Packer cover. How many times have you sat with a heavy better who took it in the ass all day sitting at a bar saying "man, I need so-and-so team to come thru tonight". That's all this guy said only on a bigger scale.

I will say this. If some entity is that connected, that organized, and has that big of balls to fix that game then more power to 'em. I give it 1% and only because anything is possible.

"The train is leaving the station."
PackFanWithTwins
6 years ago

Ever consider how much easier it would be to get to a Head Coach? He influences what happens in all facets. Could control helping the other side score points and prevent his offense from scoring them.

Boswell's missed extra point looked awfully suspicious putting team on path to a potential 13 point win instead of 14. 2 point conversion put 14 back in play... Boom...Davante wide open, after Cobb the same earlier.

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

Ever think how much money they would need to offer a head coach in the NFL? The number is easily in the multi-million dollar range. I bet Vegas called Tomlin at halftime and said, hey we need you to keep the game close and if you do, we will pay you 1 Billion dollars.
nerdmann
6 years ago

This is still really freaking sad...

Things didn't go your way so you're pushing conspiracy theories...
That's such a stupidly blinded homer move!

The team freaking put together a decent game for once this season without Rodgers... did better than any of us thought they would (other than maybe Nerd) and instead of giving some due credit, you suggestively blame Vegas for possible interference...

Congrats to Nerd for correctly predicting a bounce back game from Hundley, that was clearly the best we've seen him. As for conspiracy theories, hell maybe Nerd was the one that was paying the Steelers off, why aren't we accusing him? Nerd paid off the Steelers defense to look smart! You heard it here first!

Originally Posted by: beast 

I call it out when it happens, not just when it works against my team.

Remember the SB in '10? Big Ben was coming off rape accusations. A Packers win was better for the NFL's image at that time, amd I even said so, on this forum, BEFORE the game. "The Illuminati is on our side today." Something like that.

“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
uffda udfa
6 years ago
^^^^^^ Bigger the game, bigger the money. Larger chance it's fixed.

Remember, when Americans believed reality tv was reality? Oh, yeah, they sure did. Some probably still do. That stuff is all scripted and manipulated because ratings and, hence, money is on the line. No way they're taking chances on boring shows so they create things to draw interest. You honestly and truly believe the NFL has NEVER done that...ever? That's insane to me for those who think they've never seen a fixed sporting event. I believe it's out of control in college football and basketball. I once was in the locker room after Kentucky won the regional in Minneapolis...Antoine Walker was there getting dressed and I was the only media guy in there the rest had scattered. I stood back and watched some old white dude with gray hair walk up to him, Walker opened his hand and this guy stuffed a wad of bills the likes of which I'd never seen right into his hand and turned and walked away. I don't think that was his per diem. That dude got paid right in front of my eyes and I got the interview, too...should've been asked what that money was for.

UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

PackFanWithTwins
6 years ago
I was once walking on the moon when I just happened to bump into Albert Einstein. He was having a bad day so to cheer him up I provided him with e=mc2
beast
6 years ago

I was once walking on the moon when I just happened to bump into Albert Einstein. He was having a bad day so to cheer him up I provided him with e=mc2

Originally Posted by: PackFanWithTwins 

Makes as much sense as some of the other stuff here.

Lets see, someone losing all day, and then win a single one... one single game... and they must of bought it off! Luck normally semi balances it self out... so it's not surprising that at least one will go the opposite way.
UserPostedImage
uffda udfa
6 years ago
This cat's green and gold glasses are some of the thickest around!

http://www.packerranter.com/2017/11/i-will-find-truth.html 
UserPostedImage

Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (9h) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (10h) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (14h) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (23h) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (23h) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Insane about Kingsley
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
dfosterf (28-Apr) : We got Peter Bowde
dfosterf (28-Apr) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
dfosterf (28-Apr) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
beast (28-Apr) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (28-Apr) : damn those vikings
beast (27-Apr) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (27-Apr) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (27-Apr) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
beast (27-Apr) : OL – Donovan Jennings, USF OT – Trente Jones, Michigan
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : Interesting draft. A bit shocked that we didn't select an early CB. Definitely have Safety help. Pretty happy overall.
dhazer (27-Apr) : wow the last 2 picks are really stupid and probably will be special teams players Top 10 draft pick next year book it
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : I think he ended up with a terrible RAS score
dhazer (27-Apr) : Anyone know what went on with Kitchens from Florida? At 1 point he was to be the Packers 1st round and he is way down the board now
Martha Careful (27-Apr) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Flag?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Sag?
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : It rhymes with "bag."
beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
beast (25-Apr) : 49ers are Cap Tight
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / go.pack.go.

22h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

2-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

2-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

1-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

1-May / Packers Draft Threads / dfosterf

30-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

29-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

29-Apr / Packers Draft Threads / Zero2Cool

29-Apr / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

28-Apr / Feedback, Suggestions and Issues / Zero2Cool

28-Apr / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.