Cheesey
  • Cheesey
  • Preferred Member Topic Starter
15 years ago
Got back late tonight........i made it!!!!
I'll tell you..........if i don't get inducted into the packers fan hall of fame for this, it would be a travesty!!!LOLOLOLOLOL!!!!

I'm sore as heck, but loved being there! I met up with VegOmatic Friday evening, and he took me to Kroll's for supper. Plus he gave me some autograph tickets he wasn't going to use.
I got autographs from James Jones, Mark Murphy, Kevin Greene, Daryn Colledge, John Kuhn, Atari Bigby, Dorsey Levens, Frank Winters, Brandon Jackson, Jan Stenrud, Donny Anderson, Allen Barbre, Jerry Kramer, and Greg Jennings.
Veg even got a REAL nice photo of me with Greg Jennings, which i hope he will post here at some time.
I will also post pix when i get my film developed. I wanted to travel light because of my weight restrictions, so i didn't take my nice 35mm camera with me, just a point and shoot throw away camera.
All in all it was a good time! Lines moved alot faster then in the past, so it made it easier for me.
When i went up to Jerry Kramer with a photo i took of him 3 years ago to get it signed, i gave him a quick run down of what happened to me 26 days ago. He stopped, looked up at me and said "And you are HERE now, after going through that?" I told him "This is my 5th Fan Fest, and didn't want to miss it!" He put his hand on my shoulder and said "Then you take it easy this weekend, and don't push yourself!" That made my weekend, cause i could TELL he really meant it. There was quite a line for his signature, and he took those few extra seconds for me. It was a neat expierience i won't soon forget!

Then, Mark Murphy was signing autographs, so before i got in line for his sig, I went up next to him to take a picture. He stopped what he was signing, looked at me, smiled and yelled out "CHEESEY!!!!"
My jaw must have hit the floor!
Then i realized i was wearing my Packer shirt with my nickname on it! LOLOLOL!!! He said to me "Cheesey! Thats a GREAT nickname!" I told him, "Believe me......it fits!!!"

I woke up at 5am this morning, in LOTS of pain, so i took a pill and figured I'd come on here and give you all an update while i wait for it to take effect.
Now i'm gonna go lay back down.
UserPostedImage
IronMan
15 years ago

Veg even got a REAL nice photo of me with Greg Jennings

"Cheesey" wrote:

Totally jealous!!! :shock: Did you get to touch him? And if so, did he give you any special powers?
dfosterf
15 years ago
That's a great story !
vegOmatic
15 years ago

"IronMan" wrote:

Totally jealous!!! :shock: Did you get to touch him? And if so, did he give you any special powers?

"Cheesey" wrote:

Actually, it worked the other way... Cheesey drained Jennings of all HIS powers! D'oh!

When you arrive they give you a program which includes tickets for three autograph sessions. I wanted three autographs since I had some nice photos that I had taken in the past and a memorabilia item that would be fun to have signed. I got a lousy draw for tickets and had to end up trading three for two. As I'm wandering the trading area, which was packed, right there on the floor was a pile of SEVEN autograph tickets that someone had dropped. I didn't see anyone in the crowd who looked like they lost their tickets, so what do you do? I traded two tickets for the third I wanted and gave the remaining five to Cheesey. I'm just not that big into autographs unless it's fun for some reason (like having special photographs) or it comes easy without having to wait in line forever.

Just think, though... it costs $85 to walk in the door to get three tickets, so think about the cost behind seven tickets. Someone was hurting bad. BAD.

If Cheesey can be on his feet all day walking around 25 days after being gutted, I think he's going to be OK. From what he was telling me, I think he was probably dead before the end of the year if they hadn't performed the surgery. Every day is now a gift, Cheesey. :)

My camera still works after taking his picture so everything worked out. 😃
blank
dingus
15 years ago
Was it Kroll's West, cuz if it was you were cheated!
blank
bozz_2006
15 years ago
Glad you had a good time bud. I hope I can go once, but I've got a kid coming in August, so it might be a FEW years before I can get there!
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
  • Cheesey
15 years ago

"IronMan" wrote:

"Cheesey" wrote:

Yes! I did! In fact, i THINK the pic Veg took of me and Gregorius has me shaking his hand!
I could see by the look in his eyes.......as his power drained into me.....and my "Cheeseyness" went directly into him!!!!
Right after that (And i'm NOT making this up, i have it on video!) a little kid put his football down in front of Jennings, and Jennings said, with a serious look on his face, "I'm sorry, I can't sign that!" Then he stood up and started laughing, and patted the kid on the shoulder!!! Saying "I'm just kidding!!!"
I yelled to Jennings "You just like messing with people, don't you???" He said to me "Well, i figure i'm here, you guys are here, why not have fun with it?"
MY PLAN WORKED!!! I ACTUALLY TRANSFERED MY CHEESEYNESS TO GREG JENNINGS HIMSELF!!!!!!
That is a 100% true story! My camera doesn't have the port needed to transfer it to computer, but i watched it on my TV last night, and was amazed that i was able to overcome "Gregoriousness" with his "Krypton".......CHEESEYNESS!!!! :thumbleft:
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
  • Cheesey
15 years ago
Here's a pic of Jennings signing a photo I took of him in 2006 at his first "OTA" practice here.
UserPostedImage

Now.....here's a photo of him right AFTER he shook hands with me........see how i "zapped" his powers away???
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
  • Cheesey
15 years ago
Here is Atari Bigby.
UserPostedImage
And Brandon Chillar
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
  • Cheesey
15 years ago
And Allen Barbre
UserPostedImage
Jan Stenrud
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (18h) : WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling to Bills
Zero2Cool (19h) : Jets and Aaron Rodgers open up on Monday Night Football,
Zero2Cool (13-May) : $170 guaranteed. This might impact Jordan Love
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Lions are signing QB Jared Goff to a four-year, $212 million extension
Zero2Cool (13-May) : I know we moved on. That tidbit just makes me a touch happier.
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Sources spoke of many, many times last summer where Hackett called a play, then Rodgers changed it completely at the line
Martha Careful (10-May) : 1. this is true of all our linemen. 2. His run block is fine. 3. If all OL played like he has, we would win SB.
beast (10-May) : Meyers pass blocking is really good, his run blocking is really not.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : Packers have claimed DE Spencer Waege off of waivers from the 49ers and waived DT Rodney Mathews.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : And the OL protections seem to be good.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : I really don't know lol. I don't see him getting blown up.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : -3 buwahhhahaaha
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : 4th
Zero2Cool (9-May) : because he's 1st
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : Myers isn't even the 3rd best C on the roster atm
Martha Careful (9-May) : I am not sure I understand the Myers hate. He was consistently our third best lineman. RG and LT were worse.
beast (9-May) : Just saying I don't think moving Myers would help Myers.
beast (9-May) : Center is usually considered the easiest position physically if you can handle the snap stuff.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : For now...
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (8-May) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (8-May) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Recent Topics
5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

13-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

13-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

12-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

11-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

9-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.