uffda udfa
6 years ago
No poll...I just want to read commentary.

I think the board should've removed Mark Murphy before they removed Ted and you know how much I've wanted him gone. This guy came across so underwhelming in his presser. Things are now out of control at 1265. Do any of us think he will make the right decisions?

Never felt we were in worse hands and this is after years of hammering on Ted and Mike. Mark Murphy left to his own devices is down right scary for this franchise. Wilde said today there is an overconfidence that they can just hire Ball and things will just continue humming along like the last 25 years. Wilde is concerned Murphy is going to blow this. I echo that concern and I think we all should. Thanks, Korn Ferry for bringing this soulless suit who doesn't care one bit about Green Bay to 1265.

In my read, he's a scumbag corporate type looking to build the monorail in Springfield. Yuck.

What can the board do? We need a new CEO in the worst way. Murphy is not a good fit for Green Bay or the idea of winning championships. He watched this garbage for years and did nothing. I don't want him making any decisions going forward.
UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

DoddPower
6 years ago

I think the board should've removed Mark Murphy before they removed Ted and you know how much I've wanted him gone. This guy came across so underwhelming in his presser. Things are now out of control at 1265. Do any of us think he will make the right decisions?

Never felt we were in worse hands and this is after years of hammering on Ted and Mike. Mark Murphy left to his own devices is down right scary for this franchise. Wilde said today there is an overconfidence that they can just hire Ball and things will just continue humming along like the last 25 years. Wilde is concerned Murphy is going to blow this. I echo that concern and I think we all should. Thanks, Korn Ferry for bringing this soulless suit who doesn't care one bit about Green Bay to 1265.

In my read, he's a scumbag corporate type looking to build the monorail in Springfield. Yuck.

What can the board do? We need a new CEO in the worst way. Murphy is not a good fit for Green Bay or the idea of winning championships. He watched this garbage for years and did nothing. I don't want him making any decisions going forward.

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

I don't have a lot of confidence in him, no. His press conference was pretty unprofessional and disorganized. Doesn't seem like someone that is really on top of their game.
KRK
  • KRK
  • Veteran Member
6 years ago
I frankly, do not. Perhaps he can be kicked upstairs, or they can promote Ball to SVP and get a football guy in as GM. I would like to think that if Ball is GM or Exec. VP., he would not be anti FA. Just because you worked for someone, it doesn't mean you buy into all of their philosophies and approaches.

Regarding his speaking....sometimes great minds are not great speakers. And great speakers can be totally inept leaders i.e. BHO

My issue has been the lack of accountability, and the lack of fresh ideas in the organization. We have been stagnant. That is on him.
In Luce tua Videmus Lucem KRK
TheKanataThrilla
6 years ago
It is a problem with any organization that is a license to print money like the Packers. If you follow hockey it has been the same argument given by Toronto Maple Leaf fans. If the business seems to be more about the shareholders and making profit rather than winning it is an awful feeling for the fans. Especially when you know that the seats will be filled and/or paid for every game whether you put a winner on the field or not.

I guess the problem with not having an owner is you will never have that George Steinbrenner type in charge who cares about profits, but cares about championships more.
nerdmann
6 years ago

It is a problem with any organization that is a license to print money like the Packers. If you follow hockey it has been the same argument given by Toronto Maple Leaf fans. If the business seems to be more about the shareholders and making profit rather than winning it is an awful feeling for the fans. Especially when you know that the seats will be filled and/or paid for every game whether you put a winner on the field or not.

I guess the problem with not having an owner is you will never have that George Steinbrenner type in charge who cares about profits, but cares about championships more.

Originally Posted by: TheKanataThrilla 

Green Bay is a smaller maket team, amd it doesn’t have a billionaire owner who can sweeten ancontract with advertising deals on the side.

Ted’s primary job was to maintain the financial viability of the franchise. Fortunately for us, he was such a good personnel man that he could do that while also keeping us competitive.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
uffda udfa
6 years ago
nerd is right...goal was always to be competitive in the name of financial stability. Ted made a quote when he first got here or sometime around then about trying to just giving the team a chance year after year and if they got one all the better. That began my long disdain for him. He was about being the same every year for financial reasons. It was never about rings. Unfortunately, that is exactly what Murphy subscribes to. He wants what was to continue. That is part of the great deception. He stood up and mentioned SBs a few flippant times but closed on the remaining competitive and having a chance angle put in place by Ted. That is why I will stop watching.

The org is lying and has been lying about wanting rings...it wants financial stability just like it has all these years under Ted. That is not worth my time. Too many years waiting for it to be about rings. That's what Mike McCarthy wants and is willing to walk over. We've all been sold a bill of goods . Now, you KNOW it so don't enable it if they do it again while telling you they have higher goals...they don't.
UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

KRK
  • KRK
  • Veteran Member
6 years ago
I dont know that the two are mutually exclusive....competitive most years, but winning it all.

I just think that when you have Rodgers, that is a game changer and you have to be willing to supplement more freely with FA in the near term. Further, other than last year, our drafts have been well below average, even taking our draft position into consideration.

There may be more talent on D than you think...I think they quit on DC
In Luce tua Videmus Lucem KRK
uffda udfa
6 years ago
I agree that they don't have to be, but it's about mindset...the mindset was all about financial stability and if by being financially stable it got them a SB, or two, along the way all the better. The focus is the issue. Some of us complain about the stagnation and the sameness...that was the goal of the org so what we're reacting to is no surprise, that is exactly what they were doing.

The 12 factor looms large. It allowed them their financial stability having one of the biggest stars in the game. As I've said, repeatedly, they've done less with more and purposefully so. That's a huge issue to me. To waste a guy and just shoot for sameness in a league that is set with the Lombardi trophy as the goal is disappointing. They are a business and the business of money greatly outweighs the business of winning but like you said they don't have to be mutually exclusive.

Going for a SB and not getting it would wrench up financial stability. It's that fear of not winning and then losing money that is one of my huge issues with them. Their mindset is be the same, do just enough, to keep us financially stable. The fans are good with it, they fill the stadium, watch the games, and buy the memorabilia. The business has no incentive to do better...until 7-9, and why I said I can't wait to see the books and compare them to last year. This whole change thing beyond hiding Ted has to also be about OH NO! We lost money... we gotta do something to get the fanbase back and spending. Better make changes, but let's feign the change they want and give them more of the same just in a package of different. This is the con and deception I speak of. All in the name of financial stability while the majority of the fanbase thinks it's really about winning and will shout you down and cite PLAYOFFS! PLAYOFFS! we are all about winning. That is where I get bemused. Yes, it is about winning regular season games and just enough to keep things at an equilibrium that works for financial stability but nothing more. The eyes need to open.

UserPostedImage

68md
6 years ago

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

First off the BOD doesn't control as much as you've been posting. Yes I've read McGinn, I'am a subscriber because his weekly grades and scouts are still miles ahead of that garbage the Gannetts goons put out.

But to the question, Murphy was forced into this in my opinion AFTER the Browns snatched up Dorsey. They beat him to the punch.(wake up call) Before this Murphy has for the most part let the ship run. He was tasked to get the Titletown district up and running and other business issues to keep Green bay financially stable in the long term.

He has done so and the BOD has shown that they do trust him. Much of the opinion you and I and everyone is basing opinions on isn't "sources' but of opinions of people in and or around the organization. So while I love the discussion and added traffic this causes I am also sure that most of it is smoke and mirrors ment to create clicks.

Mark Murphy love him or hate him isn't going anywhere soon. He will hire a GM who will structure the football operations his way. Mike McCarthy will be the coach in 2018. Beyond that business as usual.
nerdmann
6 years ago

I dont know that the two are mutually exclusive....competitive most years, but winning it all.

I just think that when you have Rodgers, that is a game changer and you have to be willing to supplement more freely with FA in the near term. Further, other than last year, our drafts have been well below average, even taking our draft position into consideration.

There may be more talent on D than you think...I think they quit on DC

Originally Posted by: KRK 

Agreed, the talent is there on the D. I'd like to see a couple real bookend OLBs, but the players are far greater individually than they are as the sum of their parts.

Thing is, Ted DID go "ALL IN," this year. See how that worked out? That's why Ted goes for a more stable approach.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Fan Shout
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Insane about Kingsley
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
dfosterf (28-Apr) : We got Peter Bowde
dfosterf (28-Apr) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
dfosterf (28-Apr) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
beast (28-Apr) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (28-Apr) : damn those vikings
beast (27-Apr) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (27-Apr) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (27-Apr) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
beast (27-Apr) : OL – Donovan Jennings, USF OT – Trente Jones, Michigan
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : Interesting draft. A bit shocked that we didn't select an early CB. Definitely have Safety help. Pretty happy overall.
dhazer (27-Apr) : wow the last 2 picks are really stupid and probably will be special teams players Top 10 draft pick next year book it
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : I think he ended up with a terrible RAS score
dhazer (27-Apr) : Anyone know what went on with Kitchens from Florida? At 1 point he was to be the Packers 1st round and he is way down the board now
Martha Careful (27-Apr) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Flag?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Sag?
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : It rhymes with "bag."
beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

10h / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

11h / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

11h / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

12h / Packers Draft Threads / beast

12h / Packers Draft Threads / beast

16h / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

17h / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

4-May / Packers Draft Threads / bboystyle

4-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

3-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

3-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

3-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / go.pack.go.

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.