Smokey
  • Smokey
  • Veteran Member Topic Starter
6 years ago
With a little effort, I've compiled a list of what could be the 2018 NFL Drafts top DE/OLB prospects. I'll supply that list, you can add/subtract, comment, or post your own thoughts on the subject.

[1] Bradley Chubb - DE
N.C.State

[2] Roquan Smith - LB
Georgia

[3] Arden Key - DE
LSU

[4] Vita Vea - DE/NT
Washington

[5] Christian Wilkins - DE/NT
Clemson

[6] Harold Landry - DE/OLB
Boston College

[7] Marcus Davenport - DE
Texas-San Antonio

[8] Tremaine Edmunds - OLB
Va Tech

[9] Sam Hubbard - DE/OLB
Ohio State

[10] Darance Armstrong - DE/OLB
Kansas

Some are predicting that GB's 1st round pick will be Arden Key - DE - LSU. I'd be pleased with that use of GB's 14th overall pick.

[cheers]

If your not the lead dog, then the view never changes.

UserPostedImage
Smokey
  • Smokey
6 years ago
The general opinion is that GB will fill it's greatest need with it's 1st pick in the 2018 NFL Draft. IMO, that need is a grade A pass rusher. If Perry or Matthews get demoted, then so be it.

Arden Key - DE - LSU could be that player . [thumbup]

UserPostedImage
DarkaneRules
6 years ago
That being said, if their guy is taken, I can see myself being tempted in a gamechanger at wide receiver. A guy that punks DBs and separates quickly so Aaron doesn't have to escape the pocket and get hit, thereby getting injured again.
Circular Arguments: They are a heck of an annoyance
isocleas2
6 years ago
I got a chubb for Bradley Chubb, if by some miracle he slips out of the top 5 I hope the Packers are trying to move up to get him. A 3 down DE who can set the edge and rush the passer isn't common to find and is probably essential if the Packers want to run more 4-3 looks.

I don't think he projects as well in a 3-4 but what do i know.
hardrocker950
6 years ago

I got a chubb for Bradley Chubb, if by some miracle he slips out of the top 5 I hope the Packers are trying to move up to get him. A 3 down DE who can set the edge and rush the passer isn't common to find and is probably essential if the Packers want to run more 4-3 looks.

I don't think he projects as well in a 3-4 but what do i know.

Originally Posted by: isocleas2 

I would be shocked if he is still on the board after 5. Don't see any scenario that gets us any legit shot at him outside of trading all of our picks for that single one.
TheKanataThrilla
6 years ago
I believe Wilkins is going back to Clemson for another year. I do wonder whether we would pick a big guy DT like Vita Vea or are we happy with what we have right now in terms of run stuffers. I know we need OLB and DE help, but it would be interesting if Vea was available what our new GM would do.
isocleas2
6 years ago

I would be shocked if he is still on the board after 5. Don't see any scenario that gets us any legit shot at him outside of trading all of our picks for that single one.

Originally Posted by: hardrocker950 

I don't know trade values so well how far could the Packers move up if they trade their 1st + 2nd round pick? If Chubb fell to 6-8 and we had to give up our 2nd to acquire him is it worth it? I'd personally do it in a heartbeat. They say there's usually only 5-10 guys each draft who you can bank on having a NFL career and the rest is kind of a crap shoot. I think Chubb is one of those 5-10 this year.

Edit: Also I agree most years Chubb is a lock for the top 5 but with all the QB prospects + Barkley I think there's going to be some players who fall farther than they should. If Chubb is one of them I hope the Packers are ready to pounce.
Smokey
  • Smokey
6 years ago
N.C. State's Defensive End Bradley Chubb is not likely to be available by pick # 14 of the 2018 NFL Draft and is not likely to end up in GB as a result any trades. Any team would be pleased to get him, but I believe that LSU's Arden Key (DE) will be GB's 1st round pick.

Key could displace a veteran player, but that's how it should be. [sneaky]

UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
6 years ago

I don't know trade values so well how far could the Packers move up if they trade their 1st + 2nd round pick? If Chubb fell to 6-8 and we had to give up our 2nd to acquire him is it worth it? I'd personally do it in a heartbeat. They say there's usually only 5-10 guys each draft who you can bank on having a NFL career and the rest is kind of a crap shoot. I think Chubb is one of those 5-10 this year.

Edit: Also I agree most years Chubb is a lock for the top 5 but with all the QB prospects + Barkley I think there's going to be some players who fall farther than they should. If Chubb is one of them I hope the Packers are ready to pounce.

Originally Posted by: isocleas2 

With the Bears @ 8 they will never trade.
The most expensive of your options NYJ @ 6 = 1600 points.
GB @ 14 = 1100 & @45 = 450 is close. The Jets may accept because they are getting 2 for 1. GB might have to sweeten the deal. 5th round = 35 more points.
Values courtesy drafttek . There are other draft charts but everyone I checked had the same values.
Ourlads, Walter Football, Pro Football Reference along with a host of minor websites all use these values.

UserPostedImage
Smokey
  • Smokey
6 years ago
Yes, statistics can reduce players to numbers. You can try to calculate the risk and access potential from a formula if that is your pleasure, but can you measure grit, heart, and good sense.

Arden Key 1.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.

LSU's Arden Key, a 6'6"/265 pound complete DE/LB package.

UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
beast (10h) : Not sure why a players views reflect on GB... instead of simply on the player
Martha Careful (17-May) : I bet some of us have had 6+ mRNA jabs, a UKR flag on our walls, and still think Fauci has a thread of integrity
Zero2Cool (16-May) : From what I've read, it's all Jets , not us.
CanPackFan (16-May) : Will there ever be a time when Rodgers' whacko views will not reflect on GB? He is the past, thank god.
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Jan 4th gonna be rough with that start time lol
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Packers schedule listed. Boom.
buckeyepackfan (15-May) : Let the leaks begin. Colts @ Packers week 2, Vikings @ Packers week 4
Zero2Cool (14-May) : WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling to Bills
Zero2Cool (14-May) : Jets and Aaron Rodgers open up on Monday Night Football,
Zero2Cool (13-May) : $170 guaranteed. This might impact Jordan Love
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Lions are signing QB Jared Goff to a four-year, $212 million extension
Zero2Cool (13-May) : I know we moved on. That tidbit just makes me a touch happier.
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Sources spoke of many, many times last summer where Hackett called a play, then Rodgers changed it completely at the line
Martha Careful (10-May) : 1. this is true of all our linemen. 2. His run block is fine. 3. If all OL played like he has, we would win SB.
beast (10-May) : Meyers pass blocking is really good, his run blocking is really not.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : Packers have claimed DE Spencer Waege off of waivers from the 49ers and waived DT Rodney Mathews.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : And the OL protections seem to be good.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : I really don't know lol. I don't see him getting blown up.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : -3 buwahhhahaaha
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : 4th
Zero2Cool (9-May) : because he's 1st
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : Myers isn't even the 3rd best C on the roster atm
Martha Careful (9-May) : I am not sure I understand the Myers hate. He was consistently our third best lineman. RG and LT were worse.
beast (9-May) : Just saying I don't think moving Myers would help Myers.
beast (9-May) : Center is usually considered the easiest position physically if you can handle the snap stuff.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : For now...
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (8-May) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (8-May) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
Titans
Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
Jaguars
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
49ERS
Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
BEARS
Recent Topics
2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

15-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

13-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

13-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

12-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

11-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

9-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.