Zero2Cool
5 years ago
I had read somewhere on Twitter someone close to him passed away and that was why he'd be absent, but I wasn't able to find anything until I was able to research. This is what I found.

Based on these tweets, I think the loss is hitting him hard.

Dr. Phillips High lost a close member of its family, especially its football family, two weeks ago when former DP administrator and Orlando Carver Middle School principal Alisa Dorsett died after suffering a heart attack. Dorsett was 49.

A memorial service for Dorsett has been scheduled for 6 p.m., Thursday at Carver. The service prompted DP to move its spring game against Winter Park to Wednesday night at 7 at Dr. Phillips.

Dorsett, who DP head football coach Rodney Wells said was like a “sister to me,” suffered the heart attack while in Tuscaloosa, Ala., where she had traveled with family and friends to be part of the graduation activities for former DP star and current Green Bay Packers safety Ha Ha Clinton-Dix, who graduated from the University of Alabama on May 5 with a degree in criminal justice.

Clinton-Dix had left Alabama early in 2014, but had always vowed to return to school to earn his degree.

Dorsett passed away two days before the graduation. The death of Dorsett, who was also the godmother of Clinton-Dix, remains a difficult subject for the 2016 NFL All-Pro, who said he was too close to the situation to talk about Dorsett for this report.

Continue reading @Orlando Sentinelthis 

UserPostedImage
Nonstopdrivel
5 years ago
Whew! I misread the thread title as saying that Clinton-Dix's grandmother had passed away. Given that Clinton-Dix is 26 years old, that would have meant she was 23 when he was born. Needless to say, I was confused as hell. 😂
UserPostedImage
gbguy20
5 years ago
Rip
KRK
  • KRK
  • Veteran Member
5 years ago
I guess we (myself included) should wait until all facts before opining on issues.
In Luce tua Videmus Lucem KRK
5 years ago
Yup makes me feel like a heartless bastard for posting the other article. Usually don't let the media rial me up about stuff, but took that one hook line and sinker.

Prayers out to Haha and his family in their time of loss.
gbguy20
5 years ago
The only one who should be apologizing is the writer of the article who turned a moment of loss into a contract dispute, not the people to reacted harshly to the information we were given.
KRK
  • KRK
  • Veteran Member
5 years ago
Clearly, the writer should have informed us. Sports writers, just like political writers, leave out certain aspects of stories to inflame readers’ passions.
Nevertheless, it’s still a good life lesson not to jump to judgment… especially because you never know whether or not you’re getting the full story.
In Luce tua Videmus Lucem KRK
Nonstopdrivel
5 years ago

you never know whether or not you’re getting the full story.

Originally Posted by: KRK 

Oh, yes, you do. One hundred percent of the time you are not. Because the full story is usually boring by comparison.
UserPostedImage
nerdmann
5 years ago
One thing that might take his mind off bereavement is putting in a hard day's work.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
sschind
5 years ago

The only one who should be apologizing is the writer of the article who turned a moment of loss into a contract dispute, not the people to reacted harshly to the information we were given.

Originally Posted by: gbguy20 

When it comes to reporters we should know that they don't always present the truth and yet we take what they present as the truth anyway.

Sorry Nonstop, I replied to KRK before I read your post. I like what you said very much.
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (9h) : WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling to Bills
Zero2Cool (9h) : Jets and Aaron Rodgers open up on Monday Night Football,
Zero2Cool (13-May) : $170 guaranteed. This might impact Jordan Love
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Lions are signing QB Jared Goff to a four-year, $212 million extension
Zero2Cool (13-May) : I know we moved on. That tidbit just makes me a touch happier.
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Sources spoke of many, many times last summer where Hackett called a play, then Rodgers changed it completely at the line
Martha Careful (10-May) : 1. this is true of all our linemen. 2. His run block is fine. 3. If all OL played like he has, we would win SB.
beast (10-May) : Meyers pass blocking is really good, his run blocking is really not.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : Packers have claimed DE Spencer Waege off of waivers from the 49ers and waived DT Rodney Mathews.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : And the OL protections seem to be good.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : I really don't know lol. I don't see him getting blown up.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : -3 buwahhhahaaha
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : 4th
Zero2Cool (9-May) : because he's 1st
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : Myers isn't even the 3rd best C on the roster atm
Martha Careful (9-May) : I am not sure I understand the Myers hate. He was consistently our third best lineman. RG and LT were worse.
beast (9-May) : Just saying I don't think moving Myers would help Myers.
beast (9-May) : Center is usually considered the easiest position physically if you can handle the snap stuff.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : For now...
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (8-May) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (8-May) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Recent Topics
4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

23h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

13-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

12-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

11-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

9-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.