nerdmann
5 years ago

The Packers began mandatory minicamp on Tuesday and the primary objective was to get the rookies up to speed. At 79 degrees and 65% humidity, the Packers'  first day of minicamp was no joke today. The muggy weather didn’t stop the Packers from conducting a brisk and coordinated day of practice.
16 players were excused from the three-day minicamp including Aaron Rodgers , Jimmy Graham , David Bakhtiari  and Randall Cobb. After skipping the voluntary portions of the off-season, Ha Ha Clinton-Dix  was in attendance working with the secondary.
Here are a few key highlights:

Davante Adams  was in attendance working on a route tree while the younger receivers got in some special teams work. Adams looked crisp and caught anything within his catch radius. When he wasn’t running precise routes, he was seen helping out the younger receivers during footwork drills.
First-round pick Jaire Alexander  had a solid day of camp, except for a big pass interference call during the two-minute drill. He was working in the slot and on the outside communicating with the other corners on switches, where there was primarily five or more defensive backs on the field at all times.

Equanimeous St. Brown  caught a 20-yard touchdown pass during the two-minute drill from Brett Hundley. St. Brown caught the pass with one-hand under the arm of Jaire Alexander— this is where Alexander’s pass interference came in. Alexander was in great position, but he failed to turn for the ball. St. Brown worked primarily in the slot as well, for those keeping track of the receiver battle.

With plenty of veterans missing from minicamp, it’s hard to tell who may have risen or fallen on the depth chart. This was primarily about getting the young guys some work and maximizing the practice time that the NFL allows.
The Packers will continue with minicamp for two more days until they’re off before training camp in July.

[/URL]      

Continue Reading @ [url=https://www.acmepackingcompany.com/2018/6/12/17456282/packers-minicamp-notebook-6-12-young-wrs-impress-following-adams-example]Jordan E. Smith 

Jordan E. Smith wrote:

EQ had the highlight today. Worked primarily in the slot.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
sschind
5 years ago

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

OK, you all know its coming after 1 day of camp so I will say it and get it out of the way.

"St. Brown worked primarily in the slot "

bye bye Randall Cobb
nerdmann
5 years ago

OK, you all know its coming after 1 day of camp so I will say it and get it out of the way.

"St. Brown worked primarily in the slot "

bye bye Randall Cobb

Originally Posted by: sschind 

Hey need another WR with at least a year of experience. I’m thinking probably Yancey or Gmo has a chance to beat out Cobb. We can get those 600 yards much more cheaply, imo.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
isocleas2
5 years ago
Since 2016, only Miami Dolphins receiver Albert Wilson has averaged more separation yardage (3.8) than Cobb (3.5), according to Next Gen Stats. That's it.

If the Packers can get another deep threat to emerge teams will stop playing so much press coverage and guys like Cobb will thrive underneath again.
Cheesey
5 years ago
I don’t understand all the hate for Cobb. Last season we didn’t have a QB for most of the year. When Cobb did get open, by the time Hundley saw it, Cobb was no longer open.
UserPostedImage
nerdmann
5 years ago

I don’t understand all the hate for Cobb. Last season we didn’t have a QB for most of the year. When Cobb did get open, by the time Hundley saw it, Cobb was no longer open.

Originally Posted by: Cheesey 

Hasn’t been worth the money since 2014, imo.

Not saying he sucks, but we can get the same production much, much cheaper.
sschind
5 years ago

Hey need another WR with at least a year of experience. I’m thinking probably Yancey or Gmo has a chance to beat out Cobb. We can get those 600 yards much more cheaply, imo.

If all he gives us is 600 yards then yeah, I agree but I still think Cobb has the potential to be a 1000+ yard double digit TD guy. I'm not sure Gmo or Yancy can do that. I know Cobb didn't do it until he did it so there is always hope for one of the youngsters but I've not seen anything from any of them that makes me think they can. Cobb has done it and I'm sure he can do it again. If he does his salary becomes a bit more in line.

The wild card is Rodgers of course. There is always a chance that if one of the young guys is put in the slot and gets the majority of snaps there that he can become a 1000 yd double digit TD guy simply because of this offense and Aaron Rodgers. I've always said that if they wanted to the Packers could have a top 3 TE and a top 5 WR simply be feeding them the ball but that's not the way our offense works. Spreading it around is the MO and I am perfectly fine with that.
sschind
5 years ago

Originally Posted by: Cheesey 

I think the hate for Cobb is purely financial and I can understand it. Nerd has summed it up quite well. Maybe I'm just a guy who holds on to what once was a little too long at the expense of the what hasn't been and may be but I haven't seen it yet.
nerdmann
5 years ago

I think the hate for Cobb is purely financial and I can understand it. Nerd has summed it up quite well. Maybe I'm just a guy who holds on to what once was a little too long at the expense of the what hasn't been and may be but I haven't seen it yet.

Originally Posted by: sschind 

Cobb is a slot guy. Not tall enough to line up on the perimeter. Problem is, he lost that short area burst and change of direction that made him special. He’s still quite young, but he just doesn’t have it anymore. Not that he can’t play, he’s just not special anymore. And oh yeah, our new TE is the “over the middle” guy now.

Add to that the fact that the new GM is on an analytics kick with these bigger taller faster guys. That seems like Goot’s philosophy. Does not bode well for Cobb, especially with that phat contract.

Cobb’s ace in the hole is that he can be the “slash” player, like Ty Montomgery. Mike and Aaron can’t get enough of that, because it helps them diagnose the coverage and get matchups. But Cobb is too small to do that on the regular. With Cobb, that’s more of a gadget scenario.
beast
5 years ago

A 6'5" slot guy? Sounds like a TE!
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
beast (8h) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (9h) : damn those vikings
beast (9h) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (9h) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (9h) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
beast (9h) : OL – Donovan Jennings, USF OT – Trente Jones, Michigan
TheKanataThrilla (9h) : Interesting draft. A bit shocked that we didn't select an early CB. Definitely have Safety help. Pretty happy overall.
dhazer (16h) : wow the last 2 picks are really stupid and probably will be special teams players Top 10 draft pick next year book it
TheKanataThrilla (17h) : I think he ended up with a terrible RAS score
dhazer (17h) : Anyone know what went on with Kitchens from Florida? At 1 point he was to be the Packers 1st round and he is way down the board now
Martha Careful (27-Apr) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Flag?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Sag?
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : It rhymes with "bag."
beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
beast (25-Apr) : 49ers are Cap Tight
beast (25-Apr) : Fuck
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : Kanata, I will be when I'm on my lunch later
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Love you NSD
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Huh. I guess the F-word is censored in this fan shout.
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Anyone who doesn't hang out in the chat probably smokes pole.
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : GoPackGo Thinking CB is the pick tonight
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Anyone hanging out in the chat tonight?
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : whoa...49ers have had trade conversations about both Deebo Samuel and Brandon Aiyuk
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : I hope they take a Punter at 9th overall. Be bold!
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I may end up eating those words but I think they need a lot more talent then their 4 picks can provide
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I really hope they stand pat and Draft a WR
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : @DMRussini
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : The Chicago Bears are very open for business at 9 and telling teams they are ready to move for the right price, per source
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend Penei Soul 4yrs - 112mil
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend St. Brown 4 years 120mil and
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : Now look, trading up to 13 to take a TE might not seem like a good idea later but it will be later!
dfosterf (24-Apr) : (Your trade up mock post)
dfosterf (24-Apr) : Mucky- The only thing fun to watch would be me flipping the f out if Gute goes up to 13 and grabs Brock Bowers, lol
beast (24-Apr) : DT Byron Murphy II, Texas... whom some believe is the next Aaron Donald (or the closest thing to Donald)
Zero2Cool (24-Apr) : What? And who?
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : *sad Mucky noises*
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : @JoeJHoyt Murphy said he’s been told he won’t slide past pick No. 16.
wpr (23-Apr) : Just about time to watch Sonny Weaver stick it to the seahags. I never get tired of it.
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : *game plan
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : IMHO, not even close. He is not a guy you game play around.
Mucky Tundra (23-Apr) : is Aiyuk worth a 1st rounder?
Zero2Cool (23-Apr) : 49ers are seeking a 1st round pick in exchange for WR Brandon Aiyuk
Mucky Tundra (22-Apr) : Based on Gutes comments, now I don't feel as silly having 13 picks in my mock the other day
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Zach Wilson to Broncos.
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Gutekunst says he'd love to have 13 or 14 picks. He's trading back huh lol
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / earthquake

15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

27-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.