bboystyle
5 years ago
get rid of Mike McCarthy and we instantly go from a mediocre team to a top 5 team.
steveishere
5 years ago

This team can play with almost anyone... but they don't have it completely together or that clutch part quite yet...

But this defense is reminding me of the Super Bowl one... where they're keeping the offense in the game... and everyone complains about the defense while the offense is fine because they have Rodgers 🙄

It seems like the offense has one WR... Adams... I can't help but wonder if we kept Nelson and cut Cobb instead... would there be a difference and I have to think yes, because Nelson/Rodgers was cluth on needing a 3rd down of touchdown.

Originally Posted by: beast 

You'd expect the inconsistency out of the defense, they have a lot of young guys and it's a new defense. The offensive issues are troubling because they have a vet QB and at least 1 pro bowl quality player at WR, OT, and (probably) RB and a system that's been in place for 10 seasons! It shouldn't take that side of the ball 8 weeks to start figuring out their identity or fix up the sloppy mistakes and inconsistency, they should have rolled out of the gate ready to go moreso than most other teams in the NFL. The offense overall has been pretty sketchy for 4 years now. Whatever the problems are that's not a good look for McCarthy.
Mucky Tundra
5 years ago

Still think he's better off being at WR with the option of being able to motion him into/out of the backfield into/out of a 5 WR set to create mismatches.

Originally Posted by: Porforis 

This in one of the things that irks me about rotating the RBs. Not only does it seem like the plays called don't go towards their strengths but if you want to get them all snaps, why not line up more than one in the backfield? Say Jones and Monty in shotgun to take advantage of Montys receiving or get Jones a spread out D. Or line up Jones and Williams split behind Rodgers taking the snap from center?
“Nah. I like having the island. It’s pretty cool...not too many visitors”
UserPostedImage
"I’ve got it." -Aaron Rodgers
beast
5 years ago

This in one of the things that irks me about rotating the RBs. Not only does it seem like the plays called don't go towards their strengths but if you want to get them all snaps, why not line up more than one in the backfield? Say Jones and Monty in shotgun to take advantage of Montys receiving or get Jones a spread out D. Or line up Jones and Williams split behind Rodgers taking the snap from center?

Originally Posted by: Mucky Tundra 

I might agree with you, if I hadn't seen too many of MM's creative backfields just go HORRIBLY HORRIBLY wrong...

Fact is more guys in the backfeild that's all the more reason to attack the backfeild, more guys close so it's harder to tell which blitzer is coming and less options for quick outs for Rodgers... and more in the backfeild, is more the Safety knows he doesn't have to worry about being g a down field passing threat.

I'm all for more creativity, but I've seen too much of Mike McCarthy getting cute in the backfire only for it to quickly and badly blow up.

Of course I lot of that has been too many FBs on the field at once (I still can't F'n believe Mike McCarthy tried a 3 FBs (Spriggs as a FB) all in at the same time. But I think they also tried Cobb and Monty in the backfeild at the same time and bad results as they didn't have enough time to get out of the pocket and into the route.
UserPostedImage
Porforis
5 years ago

I might agree with you, if I hadn't seen too many of MM's creative backfields just go HORRIBLY HORRIBLY wrong...

Originally Posted by: beast 

Creative is stretching it. Rodgers audibles all the time to create mismatches. Having a 5 WR set and motioning Montgomery into the backfield so we're running against a single LB and a bunch of DBs, or starting with a 4WR or 3WR + 1TE set with Montgomery in the backfield and then motioning him outside so he's paired up on a LB is pretty basic.
bboystyle
5 years ago

Originally Posted by: Mucky Tundra 

That because this dumb coach doesnt know how to keep defenses honest. We line up in shot gun formation without an RB 90% of the time and the other 10% is shared with shotgun with one RB on the side of rodgers and rarely i- formation. Our play actions come off of RB draws in shot gun formation. That shit isnt fooling anyone. Fire this tub of lard already
Cheesey
  • Cheesey
  • Preferred Member Topic Starter
5 years ago
Something I saw that Rodgers said, that he calls the plays in the 2 minute drill. We always move the ball in that drill!
That goes back to what I said before, which is, WHY DONT THEY LET RODGERS CALL ALL THE PLAYS!
He’s been QB long enough, why not give that a shot?
UserPostedImage
Porforis
5 years ago

Something I saw that Rodgers said, that he calls the plays in the 2 minute drill. We always move the ball in that drill!
That goes back to what I said before, which is, WHY DONT THEY LET RODGERS CALL ALL THE PLAYS!
He’s been QB long enough, why not give that a shot?

Originally Posted by: Cheesey 

My understanding and my observation is that he's extremely frequently audibling based on what the defense is showing him anyways. Which I'm a fan of. Expecting Rodgers to do all that and run the offense and take care of ushering people onto and off of the field to get the correct personnel in place just isn't realistic. Someone on the sidelines needs to at the very least get the correct personnel onto the field and that's more difficult if the quarterback is deciding what formation to run out of. Rodgers calls the play and needs to communicate to the sideline. Coaches on the sideline manage the substitutions. Rodgers makes adjustments and snaps the ball. Just too complicated to work especially when we already have problems getting the ball snapped in time.
Cheesey
  • Cheesey
  • Preferred Member Topic Starter
5 years ago
Didn’t Peyton Manning call his own plays? Isn’t Rodgers smart enough?
Plus he calls them in the 2 minute drill, right?
In the old days, QBs called the plays.
Then you don’t have to wait for the coach to call it in, then the QB had to tell it to the offense.
Shouldn’t the general on the field be allowed to do the calls?
UserPostedImage
nerdmann
5 years ago

Didn’t Peyton Manning call his own plays? Isn’t Rodgers smart enough?
Plus he calls them in the 2 minute drill, right?
In the old days, QBs called the plays.
Then you don’t have to wait for the coach to call it in, then the QB had to tell it to the offense.
Shouldn’t the general on the field be allowed to do the calls?

Originally Posted by: Cheesey 

Can we trust him not to heave it deep all the time?
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (15h) : $170 guaranteed. This might impact Jordan Love
Zero2Cool (15h) : Lions are signing QB Jared Goff to a four-year, $212 million extension
Zero2Cool (19h) : I know we moved on. That tidbit just makes me a touch happier.
Zero2Cool (19h) : Sources spoke of many, many times last summer where Hackett called a play, then Rodgers changed it completely at the line
Martha Careful (10-May) : 1. this is true of all our linemen. 2. His run block is fine. 3. If all OL played like he has, we would win SB.
beast (10-May) : Meyers pass blocking is really good, his run blocking is really not.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : Packers have claimed DE Spencer Waege off of waivers from the 49ers and waived DT Rodney Mathews.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : And the OL protections seem to be good.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : I really don't know lol. I don't see him getting blown up.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : -3 buwahhhahaaha
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : 4th
Zero2Cool (9-May) : because he's 1st
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : Myers isn't even the 3rd best C on the roster atm
Martha Careful (9-May) : I am not sure I understand the Myers hate. He was consistently our third best lineman. RG and LT were worse.
beast (9-May) : Just saying I don't think moving Myers would help Myers.
beast (9-May) : Center is usually considered the easiest position physically if you can handle the snap stuff.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : For now...
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (8-May) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (8-May) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Recent Topics
13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

23h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

12-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

11-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

9-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.