gbguy20
5 years ago

Let’s see.....are what they are doing WORKING???
So why NOT get “cute?”
At this point in the season, the team is on life support. So what is there to lose to try to get SOMETHING going?
I wouldn’t “bitch” if they showed SOME ability to change things up. Take some chances! What they are doing is not accomplishing anything good, right?

One more loss and you can stick a fork in them. 3-4-1 at the halfway point, with no look that they are figuring it out won’t help anything.
If they go 6-2 the rest of the way, that still only gets them to 9 wins. Just good enough to mess up your draft position for next year.
No consistent pass rush, and an under achieving offense. That is killing this team.

Originally Posted by: Cheesey 

They have to go 7-1 to have a chance
olds70supreme
5 years ago
Not sure if Williams was better, worse, or the same as Clinton-Dix, but I was disappointed to note a few times when he shied away from contact (which was my biggest gripe about HHCD).

Why in the world do we not kick it out of the end zone when Corderrelle (sp?) Patterson is the returner? Don't give him a chance.

I thought the Patriots play calling was excellent to take advantage of the defense being off balance - their was a trick play right after the defense had to take the field unexpectedly (maybe after Jones fumble, cant remember exactly?) - I think that was deliberate to exploit a group who were probably somewhat flustered.

I thought the ejection was an overreaction from the refs and BS, but as a player he lost his cool and put his fate in someone else's (ref's) hands.
blank
KRK
  • KRK
  • Veteran Member Topic Starter
5 years ago
Nice car!
In Luce tua Videmus Lucem KRK
StoicFire
5 years ago

We just don’t have the horses on the offensive line. 12 is under constant pressure. The few times he had time, like the touchdown pass to Graham, he continues to be highly effective.

Originally Posted by: KRK 

I have been pretty confused by the inconsistency on the offensive line. For once it has been a relatively healthy group, and yet I expected a better performance. According to PFF Bakhtiari is #1, Taylor is #17, Linsley is #4, Bell is #32, and Bulaga is #17 at their respective positions so far this season. So if your LT and C are playing exceptionally well, your RT and LG are playing average, and your RG is playing poorly the result appears to be a mediocre offensive line... disappointing.

No consistent pass rush, and an under achieving offense. That is killing this team.

Originally Posted by: Cheesey 

I know the rush as bad against Brady, but on the year I think it has been pretty good. I've been disappointed sometimes that we've only been able to get pressure by sending 5 rushers or more, but other times the rush has been good even without a blitz (on one play last night 2 of the rushers got pressure on a 3-man rush). At the end of the day though, we are 6th in the league with 25 sacks, so I think no pass rush isn't a fair complaint. You are completely right about the underachieving offense though...

Our edge rush is nonexistent. This wouldn’t be so troublesome if they were containing on the run, but they don’t seem to be doing a very good job of that either.

Most pressures have come from the inside, which I think has been effective execution of the scheme. Early in the second half (during Brady's struggles to complete the football) we weren't even sending edge rushers at all. All pressure was coming through the A and B gaps. The OLBs would line up wide and then cover the zone in front of the slot receiver instead of going after Brady. I thought it was really cool, but clearly there will be no edge pressure in those situations.

I guess what I'm driving at is it's a shame we're running out of time to save the season, because I feel like this team is doing a lot of things right and is close on some others. Obviously there's a lot that needs corrected, but they look so close sometimes. If they put it together now I think they may make the postseason, but it would likely have to be now seeing as there is only so much schedule left...
"the Quarterback can run if he wants to, but with this rocket attached to your body... who would?" -Aaron Rodgers
Nonstopdrivel
5 years ago

There's just no rational behind it whatsoever.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

rationale*

UserPostedImage
Nonstopdrivel
5 years ago

UserPostedImage
Nonstopdrivel
5 years ago
This exchange made me laugh:

UserPostedImage
Barfarn
5 years ago

Offense.
1. The lack of scheming and creativity is painfully obvious. Compare and contrast some of the clever scheming, up-tempo play, and trick plays New England utilized. And they were key in the outcome.
2. We just don’t have the horses on the offensive line. 12 is under constant pressure. The few times he had time, like the touchdown pass to Graham, he continues to be highly effective. BUT CLEARLY, as has been the case in the last decade, we seem incapable of getting effective OL play on short yardage. Mike McCarthy Did not run the ball and goal line situation despite having four tight ends, what does that tell you about what he thinks about the line.

This is just ALL WRONG. The difference in this game was that Rodgers made at least a dozen more errors than Brady. If they played equally as well, the Jones fumble could have been overcome. Btw, did anyone notice if after the fumble Jones did that asswipe motion with his hands on his jersey after the fumble?

You begin with the conclusion that Rodgers is great; you then judge when he should be getting rid of the ball by when Rodgers gets rid of ball; so, if there’s pressure, it’s on the OL. How’d the OL line do run blocking? FYI, that also how good they were at pass blocking!

Let’s look at the first drive 3rd and G at 9. First down Read #1 is MVS lined up wide left on a 6 yard dig. When MVS makes his break, he is WIDE open, the pocket is CLEAN and Bakhtieri and Taylor/Linsley open up about a 8 yard window for Rodgers pass to travel. Rodgers doesn’t throw, but resets his feet and 1 second later Bell is being pushed into his grill and Rodgers throws it away.

The play is great; the execution of 10 players is great; but you got one arrogant asshole looking for highlight reel plays and then wants to talk about trust in his receivers.

On the next play, Rodgers has the play with at least 16 seconds, players are set with :11 seconds; then Rodgers MINDLESSLY lets the clock tick to zero, taking us back to 14.

2nd and 14 pocket clean, Rodgers flinches eventhough rush is controlled…Mr. Demander of Trust didn’t trust his OL. On 3rd read, Adams, who lined up inside right with 2 WR’s outside is running a deep out. Instead of throwing with perfect mechanics; Rodgers throws off his back foot and behind to a substantially open Adams giving Gilmore a chance to knock down pass. Again, great play call and perfect execution by the other 10 on offense.

3rd and 10 Mike loses confidence in Rodgers’ ability to score; so he calls a WR screen on 3rd and 14.

Throughout the game Rodgers created his own pressure and undermined any value provided by play action. Most D Coordinators on play action have their rushers key on the OL. If the OL pass blocks, they come for the QB, so the QB taking the time to fake to RB doesn’t slow the rush at all, play action becomes 100% meaningless. For this reason, when GB runs play action their OL run blocks!!!!!!! This puts the OL at a HUGE disadvantage keeping the pass rushers out of the backfield. These plays are not designed for Rodgers to do an 8-9 step drop or to hold the ball for more than 2.5 seconds.

And ya cant blame Mike for the GL play-calling. First, you dont know what he called, by looking at the result. And Remember: Mike calls the play without knowing the alignment and most run plays have a check to pass and vice-versa. Rodgers ultimately decides if they run or pass out of a 4 TE set, not Mike.

IT IS NOT THE PLAY CALLING…IT IS THE EXECUTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
nerdmann
5 years ago
This happened at least 3, maybe 4 times.

Third and 4. OBVIOUSLY we can't run in that situation, since our RB is only averagig 6.5 per carry. So cool, right? Let's use our all star first ballot HoF QB.

So Aaron rolls to the RIGHT hash, then throws all the way back to the LEFT sideline, 30 yards in the air, just to get FOUR yards. Incomplete. I mean, how about throwing for FOUR yards? Run some slants, picks, button hooks, HB screen or something? HIGH percentage. [twocents]

I mean, whatever.

At least they didn't go deep every time.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
KRK
  • KRK
  • Veteran Member Topic Starter
5 years ago
It would be interesting for you to go through the same analysis on the other players on the offense. Particularly the front guys.

I had to laugh out loud when you wrote he flinched. If I had this offense of line blocking for me I’d flinch a lot too.
In Luce tua Videmus Lucem KRK
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (1h) : could*
Zero2Cool (23h) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (23h) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (23h) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Insane about Kingsley
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
dfosterf (28-Apr) : We got Peter Bowde
dfosterf (28-Apr) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
dfosterf (28-Apr) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
beast (28-Apr) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (28-Apr) : damn those vikings
beast (27-Apr) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (27-Apr) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (27-Apr) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
beast (27-Apr) : OL – Donovan Jennings, USF OT – Trente Jones, Michigan
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : Interesting draft. A bit shocked that we didn't select an early CB. Definitely have Safety help. Pretty happy overall.
dhazer (27-Apr) : wow the last 2 picks are really stupid and probably will be special teams players Top 10 draft pick next year book it
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : I think he ended up with a terrible RAS score
dhazer (27-Apr) : Anyone know what went on with Kitchens from Florida? At 1 point he was to be the Packers 1st round and he is way down the board now
Martha Careful (27-Apr) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Flag?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Sag?
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : It rhymes with "bag."
beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
beast (25-Apr) : 49ers are Cap Tight
beast (25-Apr) : Fuck
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : Kanata, I will be when I'm on my lunch later
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Love you NSD
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Huh. I guess the F-word is censored in this fan shout.
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Anyone who doesn't hang out in the chat probably smokes pole.
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : GoPackGo Thinking CB is the pick tonight
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Anyone hanging out in the chat tonight?
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : whoa...49ers have had trade conversations about both Deebo Samuel and Brandon Aiyuk
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : I hope they take a Punter at 9th overall. Be bold!
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I may end up eating those words but I think they need a lot more talent then their 4 picks can provide
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I really hope they stand pat and Draft a WR
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : @DMRussini
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : The Chicago Bears are very open for business at 9 and telling teams they are ready to move for the right price, per source
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend Penei Soul 4yrs - 112mil
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

18h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

21h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

29-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

28-Apr / Feedback, Suggestions and Issues / Zero2Cool

28-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

28-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

28-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

28-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.