KRK
  • KRK
  • Veteran Member Topic Starter
5 years ago
It seems to me that some of the finess/touch throws seem to be more problematic than when he lets it rip. Could the answer be less sinister than many believe...hand hypoesthesia. It occasionally happens post claviclesurgery. In this paper eight times.

Late complications following clavicular fractures and their operative management by CK Kitsis, AJ Marino, SJ Krikler, R Birch - Injury, 2003

It might explain why he seems to prefer to throw “all out” vs check downs, and why the ball got stuck (he didn’t release)

Are there any Dr.s who could opine.
In Luce tua Videmus Lucem KRK
TheKanataThrilla
5 years ago
To be honest I am still not sure that his shoulder is correct. It wasn't right last year against Carolina and he still has issues with strength and control. Many of his deep balls that used to be perfect have been underthrown all year. Not what we are used to.

Not to beat a dead horse, but this is why I was wanting to go this season on his old contract before negotiating a new deal. I wanted to see whether his shoulder injury impacted his throwing before handing over the team's bank account for the next 4 or 5 years.

It could also be the knee, knee/shoulder combo or that he has been throwing with poor mechanics. Who knows. It is obvious that there is something off that our doctors probably know about and we will only hear about when the season becomes out of reach. My guess is like last year Aaron may end up on IR as soon as we are mathematically eliminated.
beast
5 years ago
I believe it's a lot more simple...

MM/Rodgers have been refusing to adapt because they're extremely confident to the point of arrogance, that their normal way works, and this season it's not because...

The lack as WR talent/chemistry in this system/season. Think about it, when has MM/Rodgers ever had this lack of depth/chemistry at the WR position? Almost never during their time with the Packers...

So MM/Rodgers have fully bought into the way they play, and bet on their system or style of play, betting on themselves instead of checking it down, because betting on themselves has worked well enough the last decade and they haven't realized this year is different and they need to do something different. I think Mike McCarthy is finally adjusting, but Rodgers hasn't yet.

So I think it's simply a case we're they've gotten used to being Mr. Superman... and now that the WR talent/chemistry is so dang down they're having to realize they need to share the burden with others and not do it all themselves... but I'm not sure that's sinking in for Rodgers or not.

As one phrase has it: Going up is the easy part, coming down is the hard part. And Rodgers needs to come down and share the burden of the ball with others namely Aaron Jones on checkdowns.
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
5 years ago
I think the knee injury has a lot to do with it. He can’t step into the throw in a normal way.
Plus as was said already, he doesn’t have chemistry with any WR except Adams.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
5 years ago

I think the knee injury has a lot to do with it. He can’t step into the throw in a normal way.
Plus as was said already, he doesn’t have chemistry with any WR except Adams.

Originally Posted by: Cheesey 

Rodgers hasn't stepped into his throws for a few seasons now that I've observed.
UserPostedImage
Fitness
5 years ago
KRK said:

It seems to me that some of the finess/touch throws seem to be more problematic than when he lets it rip. Could the answer be less sinister than many believe...hand hypoesthesia. It occasionally happens post claviclesurgery. In this paper eight times.

Late complications following clavicular fractures and their operative management by CK Kitsis, AJ Marino, SJ Krikler, R Birch - Injury, 2003

It might explain why he seems to prefer to throw “all out” vs check downs, and why the ball got stuck (he didn’t release)

And then it gets in your head...somewhat like the "yips" in golfing. They can drive the ball off the tee, but at then you over-think the short stuff.

If you are correct, what is the prognosis?
KRK
  • KRK
  • Veteran Member Topic Starter
5 years ago
1. It cant be major, but there clearly is something affecting his performance. So if he feels more comfortable, throw the damn ball harder.
2. Not to belabor this point as I have in the past, but that’s why I like slants, outs, and quick hitting patterns where he can fire the ball. We don’t seem to see many of these called for reasons i cannot fathom, especially since the young wide receivers can surely run those patterns.
3. I am not a doctor, but I have had shoulder surgery, in particular on my A/C joint, and I do have occasional numbness in my fingers.

I am just trying to figure it out.

The man has too much integrity to throw games and not do what he thinks is best for the team. So I can’t buy some of the reasons listed on this and other threads.
In Luce tua Videmus Lucem KRK
Nonstopdrivel
5 years ago
Interestingly, Aaron Rodgers has a losing record on the road for his career.

UserPostedImage
nerdmann
5 years ago

1. It cant be major, but there clearly is something affecting his performance. So if he feels more comfortable, throw the damn ball harder.
2. Not to belabor this point as I have in the past, but that’s why I like slants, outs, and quick hitting patterns where he can fire the ball. We don’t seem to see many of these called for reasons i cannot fathom, especially since the young wide receivers can surely run those patterns.
3. I am not a doctor, but I have had shoulder surgery, in particular on my A/C joint, and I do have occasional numbness in my fingers.

I am just trying to figure it out.

The man has too much integrity to throw games and not do what he thinks is best for the team. So I can’t buy some of the reasons listed on this and other threads.

Originally Posted by: KRK 

Not sure about the throwig games part. I mean, he may view that AS long term best interest of the team, for getting ride of Mike.

Dude was looking right at his checkdowns, wouldn't throw the ball.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
yooperfan
5 years ago
Rodgers is a lot off.
I guess he got that mega contract based on what he has done in the past.
Based on the present I certainly don't think he's worth the money.
Fan Shout
Mucky Tundra (10h) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Insane about Kingsley
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
dfosterf (28-Apr) : We got Peter Bowde
dfosterf (28-Apr) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
dfosterf (28-Apr) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
beast (28-Apr) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (28-Apr) : damn those vikings
beast (27-Apr) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (27-Apr) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (27-Apr) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
beast (27-Apr) : OL – Donovan Jennings, USF OT – Trente Jones, Michigan
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : Interesting draft. A bit shocked that we didn't select an early CB. Definitely have Safety help. Pretty happy overall.
dhazer (27-Apr) : wow the last 2 picks are really stupid and probably will be special teams players Top 10 draft pick next year book it
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : I think he ended up with a terrible RAS score
dhazer (27-Apr) : Anyone know what went on with Kitchens from Florida? At 1 point he was to be the Packers 1st round and he is way down the board now
Martha Careful (27-Apr) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Flag?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Sag?
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : It rhymes with "bag."
beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
5h / Packers Draft Threads / beast

5h / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

6h / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

6h / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

11h / Packers Draft Threads / bboystyle

19h / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

3-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

3-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

3-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / go.pack.go.

2-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

2-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

1-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

30-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

29-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

28-Apr / Feedback, Suggestions and Issues / Zero2Cool

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.