Zero2Cool
5 years ago
Ignore that it's Colin Cowherd and answer this ... does he make a point?

UserPostedImage
beast
5 years ago

Ignore that it's Colin Cowherd and answer this ... does he make a point?

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Ignore the extremely stupid shock jock that throws every theory at the wall, praying something will stick? Cowherd was hoping to become Bayless and he's failing!

Question: Is Rodgers becoming Favre?
Answer: IMO quite clearly a HELL NO!

Rodgers is doing what Rodgers has always done... ignored the check downs, hold onto the ball forever, betting on his legs and mobility to hold the ball until someone comes extra open down field for him to make a fairly safe throw.

Favre is similar in throws down field (what top 10 NFL QB doesn't?) and maybe AT TIMES ignored the check down (lots of passes to RB Green, FB Henderson, and TE Franks) ... but Favre would also hit the check downs a lot more often, Favre bet on his arm strength, not his mobility, and Favre sure as hell didn't wait until someone came extra open... the guy could be tripled covered and if Favre thought he could fit the ball in, he'd pull the trigger!

We haven't even seen Rodgers pull the trigger on tight single coverage that often this season... he holds it and wait for something better... (then throws the ball away or gets sacked, because no one is open in his eyes). Where with Favre, someone was ALWAYS OPEN!

To say their playing styles are similar is simply ridiculous! As they're closer to being complete opposites... other than big strong arms and willing to run, great QBs that play for the Packers. But Favre was a gambler, he was gonna make something huge happen, you didn't always know for which team, but something big was gonna happen! Rodgers is the guy that won't check it down, but he's also not gonna gamble...
UserPostedImage
buckeyepackfan
5 years ago
I think the real question here:

Is Colin Cowherd becoming Nerd?
😂😂😂😂

I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
5 years ago
Even before i saw this the thought flashed through my mind and as beast said I decided the answer is no for so many reasons.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
5 years ago
The only correlation I can see between the two is QB doing what they want at the line of scrimmage and during the play. Rodgers would rather get hit by a mack truck than throw an interception whereas Favre didn't give two shits. Favre's mindset was you don't get any big plays if you don't take a chance here and there.
UserPostedImage
DoddPower
5 years ago

The only correlation I can see between the two is QB doing what they want at the line of scrimmage and during the play. Rodgers would rather get hit by a mack truck than throw an interception whereas Favre didn't give two shits. Favre's mindset was you don't get any big plays if you don't take a chance here and there.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

imo, Rodgers still takes chances, just in different ways with different results. Every time he attempts to scramble and buy time, he's taking a chance at hitting a big play. He may end up throwing it away, but the whole point of buying the time is a big play. It's still taking chances because he may be passing up short gains, may get sacked, or injured rather than throwing multiple interceptions.
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (21h) : WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling to Bills
Zero2Cool (22h) : Jets and Aaron Rodgers open up on Monday Night Football,
Zero2Cool (13-May) : $170 guaranteed. This might impact Jordan Love
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Lions are signing QB Jared Goff to a four-year, $212 million extension
Zero2Cool (13-May) : I know we moved on. That tidbit just makes me a touch happier.
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Sources spoke of many, many times last summer where Hackett called a play, then Rodgers changed it completely at the line
Martha Careful (10-May) : 1. this is true of all our linemen. 2. His run block is fine. 3. If all OL played like he has, we would win SB.
beast (10-May) : Meyers pass blocking is really good, his run blocking is really not.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : Packers have claimed DE Spencer Waege off of waivers from the 49ers and waived DT Rodney Mathews.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : And the OL protections seem to be good.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : I really don't know lol. I don't see him getting blown up.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : -3 buwahhhahaaha
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : 4th
Zero2Cool (9-May) : because he's 1st
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : Myers isn't even the 3rd best C on the roster atm
Martha Careful (9-May) : I am not sure I understand the Myers hate. He was consistently our third best lineman. RG and LT were worse.
beast (9-May) : Just saying I don't think moving Myers would help Myers.
beast (9-May) : Center is usually considered the easiest position physically if you can handle the snap stuff.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : For now...
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (8-May) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (8-May) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Recent Topics
8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

13-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

13-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

12-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

11-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

9-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.