go.pack.go.
5 years ago

Brown goes to Raiders for a 3rd and fifth and:

NEVILLE E. GUARD, USA TODAY SPORTS
Per NFL Network, Brown will receive a reworked contract that covers three years and pays $50.1 million (with a maximum value of $54.1 million) with $30.1 million of it guaranteed.

Good luck.

Packers can spend that 54mil on players they need .

Originally Posted by: buckeyepackfan 

Or we can just sit on that money and not spend a dime of it and continue to hope Rodgers carries us all the way. Oh wait, we don’t have Ted Thompson anymore. At least, I hope BG is going to be different.

UserPostedImage
Cheesey
5 years ago
Go pack go.....that’s the feeling that many of us have. The past several years it seemed like the Packers would rather sit on their bundle of cash and not do what it would take to get another championship.
Yes, they paid Rodgers, but he alone can’t do it alone.
UserPostedImage
buckeyepackfan
5 years ago

Or we can just sit on that money and not spend a dime of it and continue to hope Rodgers carries us all the way. Oh wait, we don’t have Ted Thompson anymore. At least, I hope BG is going to be different.

Originally Posted by: go.pack.go. 

I think Gute is smart enough not to spend 54mil on a malcontent diva wr who quit on his team last year in week 17 when they needed to win to make the playoffs.

You can only hope Ted taught Gute well and can have the success Thompson had as The Packers GM.

(Cue the let's compare The Packers to The Patriots bullshit argument).

How about Compare The Packers to the other 30 teams in the NFL while Ted Thompson was GM.

2nd in win totals.
Playoffs 9 times, including 8 straight.
4 NFC Championship games.
1 Super Bowl(only The Giants had 2)

Now quit crying about Ted Thompson and hope Gute has learned well.
I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
Zero2Cool
5 years ago

Originally Posted by: go.pack.go. 

If this is the feeling you have, you're not paying attention to the Green Bay Packers. It's quite clear to everyone Brian is different than Ted. We'll find out if different is better. The verdict is...
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
5 years ago
I think the only way he can prove he is different is to make some free agent moves that shows he will do what it takes to win titles.
Not just wait for the other teams to take the best players, and then pick from the left over garbage pile.
To try to get by on draft picks that might take years to develop, won’t get a championship with the few years our future HOF QB has left.
If they are not smart enough to realize that, then get ready for a replay of the 1970’s and 1980’s.
UserPostedImage
buckeyepackfan
5 years ago

I think the only way he can prove he is different is to make some free agent moves that shows he will do what it takes to win titles.
Not just wait for the other teams to take the best players, and then pick from the left over garbage pile.
To try to get by on draft picks that might take years to develop, won’t get a championship with the few years our future HOF QB has left.
If they are not smart enough to realize that, then get ready for a replay of the 1970’s and 1980’s.

Originally Posted by: Cheesey 

History has shown that throwing a bunch of money at top FA's doesn't create championship teams.
Ted didn't jump into FA much, other than to sign The Packers FA's, which he never got credit for, but when he did jump in, he usually made a big splash.
Woodson, Peppers, the 1st 2 to come to mind, DL played at Ohio State, and more.
The thing with signing top tier FA's, you better hit, if you don't, it could take several years to recuperate your losses.
I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
sschind
5 years ago

History has shown that throwing a bunch of money at top FA's doesn't create championship teams.
Ted didn't jump into FA much, other than to sign The Packers FA's, which he never got credit for, but when he did jump in, he usually made a big splash.
Woodson, Peppers, the 1st 2 to come to mind, DL played at Ohio State, and more.
The thing with signing top tier FA's, you better hit, if you don't, it could take several years to recuperate your losses.

Missing on most of your draft choices doesn't work very well either. There are a lot of safeties in FA this year and I think a few of them could really help the Packers. I hope Gute gets one of them which will free up an early draft pick. I will be very disappointed if we don't get at least one starter in FA at either safety, OL, LB or slot receiver and I am realluy hoping for two. If they don't work out they don't work out but they should be penciled in as our starters and not guys who will get the chance to compete. I'll stop short of saying the garbage pile like Cheesey did as I think some of these guys are OK players and depth is important but they are just not starter quality and that's what we need.

I know exactly what you meant though Cheesey and I agree with you.
Cheesey
5 years ago
Compare the pick up of Jared Cook compared to Graham.
Cook made plays, and they let him leave. Then picked up Jimmy Graham, who seems to be “over the hill”. Maybe he will prove me wrong next season (I hope).
Yes, you better hit on your FAs.
But, as was already stated, the same goes for your draft choices.
With a FA, you are picking up someone that has shown they at least can play in the NFL. With draft choices, you don’t know.

UserPostedImage
nerdmann
5 years ago
I'm sure they are interested in Brown. If he was gonna come herenfornthe minimum, they'd be all over it.

The question as always is, at what price?

Remember, dude is 30. That's the magic number.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
5 years ago

I think Gute is smart enough not to spend 54mil on a malcontent diva wr who quit on his team last year in week 17 when they needed to win to make the playoffs.

You can only hope Ted taught Gute well and can have the success Thompson had as The Packers GM.

(Cue the let's compare The Packers to The Patriots bullshit argument).

How about Compare The Packers to the other 30 teams in the NFL while Ted Thompson was GM.

2nd in win totals.
Playoffs 9 times, including 8 straight.
4 NFC Championship games.
1 Super Bowl(only The Giants had 2)

Now quit crying about Ted Thompson and hope Gute has learned well.

Damn is Aaron great. Now if he only had a real team around him instead of some reject low budget UDFA bullshit he would have outplayed the Brady bunch and Boston fans would be screaming they wished they were more like the Packers. 😝
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Mucky Tundra (10h) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (11h) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (12h) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (12h) : For now...
Zero2Cool (13h) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (16h) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (16h) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (19h) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (19h) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Insane about Kingsley
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
dfosterf (28-Apr) : We got Peter Bowde
dfosterf (28-Apr) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
dfosterf (28-Apr) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
beast (28-Apr) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (28-Apr) : damn those vikings
beast (27-Apr) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (27-Apr) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (27-Apr) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / beast

4-May / Packers Draft Threads / bboystyle

4-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

3-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.