nerdmann
4 years ago
Brian Hoyer

Jachai Polite

Curtis Bolton: Did they IR him!?

Lesean McCoy got cut. Just don't release DeX to pick him up.

We only have 4 OLBs, and one of them is Fackrell. Zedarius is more of a DL guy. Rashaan is a rookie learning to play from a standing position. Just seems thin.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
4 years ago

Brian Hoyer

Jachai Polite

Curtis Bolton: Did they IR him!?

Lesean McCoy got cut. Just don't release DeX to pick him up.

We only have 4 OLBs, and one of them is Fackrell. Zedarius is more of a DL guy. Rashaan is a rookie learning to play from a standing position. Just seems thin.

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

Another disappointing cut is inside linebacker Curtis Bolton, who was waived with an injured designation. If he does not get claimed on waivers, the Packers will likely try to bring him back later on this season when he is healthy.

APC  wrote:

UserPostedImage
earthquake
4 years ago
So Jachai Polite. The guy who wasn't ready for the combine. The guy that thought the Packers "bashed him" by.. you know, asking him questions in an interview. The guy who slipped from a 1st round grade to the 3rd round, and then couldn't even make the Jets' roster.

Maybe he doesn't suck / isn't as dumb as a bag of dicks... perhaps he's just misunderstood?

All joking aside, I wouldn't be upset if he's the #53 guy on the roster, maybe you cut one of the 7 corners or something. But I'm not sure what the appeal for this guy is at this point.
blank
nerdmann
4 years ago

So Jachai Polite. The guy who wasn't ready for the combine. The guy that thought the Packers "bashed him" by.. you know, asking him questions in an interview. The guy who slipped from a 1st round grade to the 3rd round, and then couldn't even make the Jets' roster.

Maybe he doesn't suck / isn't as dumb as a bag of dicks... perhaps he's just misunderstood?

All joking aside, I wouldn't be upset if he's the #53 guy on the roster, maybe you cut one of the 7 corners or something. But I'm not sure what the appeal for this guy is at this point.

Originally Posted by: earthquake 

We only have 4 OLBs. One of them is Fackrell, one is a DL (Zadarius) and one is a rookie (Gary) who has never stood up before.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
KRK
  • KRK
  • Veteran Member
4 years ago
Is it just me?

As I scan the waiver wires for players of not that are available, I think it is the weakest pool of players I can recall.

Normally, there are some veteran reasonably reliable pieces that are obviously upgrades/plug-ins to enhance depth. Other than Hoyer, I don't really see anyone who might be of immediate help.
In Luce tua Videmus Lucem KRK
Nonstopdrivel
4 years ago
Polite wasn't the only mid-round pick from the 2019 draft to get cut. The Patriots cut their 2nd-, 3rd-, and 4th-round picks from this year!
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
4 years ago

Polite wasn't the only mid-round pick from the 2019 draft to get cut. The Patriots cut their 2nd-, 3rd-, and 4th-round picks from this year!

Originally Posted by: Nonstopdrivel 

I must be reading this incorrectly because their 2nd rounder Joejuan Williams is still on the roster.

https://www.patriots.com/team/players-roster/ 
UserPostedImage
Nonstopdrivel
4 years ago
Good catch. I was reading about it on NJ.com, but it looks like they got a little ahead of themselves.

UserPostedImage

P.S.: How much work would it take to allow embedding of GIFV files?
UserPostedImage
earthquake
4 years ago

We only have 4 OLBs. One of them is Fackrell, one is a DL (Zadarius) and one is a rookie (Gary) who has never stood up before.

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

It looks like they've gone quality over quantity at the position this year, which doesn't bother me.

In any case your point appears to be that they should add another OLB, my point was: Why Polite? He seems like an idiot.

I suppose on the other hand it was the Jets that cut him. The Jets are not a shining beacon of intelligence. So perhaps all he needs is a place to develop? Again, I wouldn't be upset if they brought him in.

When will we know if the guy clears wavers? If he does, I imagine that would be a sign that teams don't think very highly of him.
blank
TheKanataThrilla
4 years ago
I wouldn't push for this guy on the 53. He obviously has some growing up to do. I would be all over trying to get him on the PS so perhaps he can be mentored. The kid has talent, but is obviously not the smartest guy in the world and I do question who he is surrounding himself with as not being prepared for the combine and then bad mouthing a team that interviewed him does not sound like a guy who is taking his football career seriously.
Fan Shout
jdlax (7h) : God I hate the Shithawks
jdlax (7h) : Sunday Night fucking Football
jdlax (8h) : I just got my tickets to represent in Seattle December 15th woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Martha Careful (20h) : I really enjoyed game 1 of the Stanley Cup final. Sergei Bobrovsky G - FL was incredibly good.
Mucky Tundra (4-Jun) : *NFL
Mucky Tundra (4-Jun) : @ByRyanWood Pads or no pads, welcome to the N
Mucky Tundra (4-Jun) : @ByRyanWood Rashan Gary just steamrolled Jordan Morgan on a bull rush. Drove right over him to the ground.
Mucky Tundra (3-Jun) : God and a lot of money brought Reggie to GB
Mucky Tundra (3-Jun) : yep. became the highest paid defensive player in the league and 3rd highest behind Elway and Marino
Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Packers signed second-round pick Javon Bullard
Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Reggie White got something like 4 years $17m total right?
buckeyepackfan (3-Jun) : 110mil guaranteed!!!
Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Justin Jefferson. 4/$140m ??? wow
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : @AndyHermanNFL Sean Rhyan getting some reps at center in walkthroughs. They are rotating guys everywhere.
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : or that might have been an individual drill thing
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : that was from the 29th but I've seen other combs (including Rhyan@C)
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : @ByRyanWood Without Elgton Jenkins and Zach Tom, #Packers starting OL: Rasheed Walker, Jordan Morgan, Josh Myers, Sean Rhyan, Andre Dillard.
Martha Careful (31-May) : I have never seen an OTA, but who is lining up at LT and RG with starters? or is it all individual drills?
Zero2Cool (30-May) : Bears are the first team to be selected for Hard Knocks
dfosterf (29-May) : Andy Herman and his Pack a day podcast put up GB strengths yesterday. This morning he did weaknesses. They are both very good.
Zero2Cool (25-May) : Yes.
beast (24-May) : Does he say what it is?
Zero2Cool (22-May) : Christian Watson believes he has discovered the root cause his soft-tissue leg injuries
Zero2Cool (22-May) : Savage played last half of season with tear in rotator cuff
Zero2Cool (22-May) : SISSIES!!!!
Mucky Tundra (22-May) : Sounds like both Kraft and Tom were injuried before OTAs began
buckeyepackfan (22-May) : Not serious but waiting for strength and conditioning coach referwnces.
buckeyepackfan (22-May) : Tom and Kraft both injured(pectoral muscle),
Zero2Cool (20-May) : I feel similar about person and product/service.
beast (17-May) : Not sure why a players views reflect on GB... instead of simply on the player
Martha Careful (17-May) : I bet some of us have had 6+ mRNA jabs, a UKR flag on our walls, and still think Fauci has a thread of integrity
Zero2Cool (16-May) : From what I've read, it's all Jets , not us.
CanPackFan (16-May) : Will there ever be a time when Rodgers' whacko views will not reflect on GB? He is the past, thank god.
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Jan 4th gonna be rough with that start time lol
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Packers schedule listed. Boom.
buckeyepackfan (15-May) : Let the leaks begin. Colts @ Packers week 2, Vikings @ Packers week 4
Zero2Cool (14-May) : WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling to Bills
Zero2Cool (14-May) : Jets and Aaron Rodgers open up on Monday Night Football,
Zero2Cool (13-May) : $170 guaranteed. This might impact Jordan Love
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Lions are signing QB Jared Goff to a four-year, $212 million extension
Zero2Cool (13-May) : I know we moved on. That tidbit just makes me a touch happier.
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Sources spoke of many, many times last summer where Hackett called a play, then Rodgers changed it completely at the line
Martha Careful (10-May) : 1. this is true of all our linemen. 2. His run block is fine. 3. If all OL played like he has, we would win SB.
beast (10-May) : Meyers pass blocking is really good, his run blocking is really not.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : Packers have claimed DE Spencer Waege off of waivers from the 49ers and waived DT Rodney Mathews.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : And the OL protections seem to be good.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : I really don't know lol. I don't see him getting blown up.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : -3 buwahhhahaaha
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : 4th
Zero2Cool (9-May) : because he's 1st
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
Titans
Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
Jaguars
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
49ERS
Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
BEARS
Recent Topics
20h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

9-Jun / Around The NFL / beast

6-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

4-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

4-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

4-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / earthquake

3-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

2-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

31-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

31-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

31-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

29-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

29-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.