Cheesey
4 years ago
Yes....sticking to your beliefs is one thing.
But when those beliefs are proven wrong, it takes a bigger man to admit so.
Of course I won’t hold my breath waiting!😂
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
4 years ago

yes, sorry, Watson. post concussed, the names database is corrupted permanently. the kid at houston, via clemson

Originally Posted by: KRK 

Deny deny deny. You didn't post the original comment it was the Lithuanians who hacked your account.

No wait, it was the one armed man that did it.

UserPostedImage
Cheesey
4 years ago

yes, sorry, Watson. post concussed,

Originally Posted by: KRK 

I also have been concussed by some of the posts here.
😂
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
4 years ago

Yes....sticking to your beliefs is one thing.
But when those beliefs are proven wrong, it takes a bigger man to admit so.
Of course I won’t hold my breath waiting!😂

Originally Posted by: Cheesey 

You can't prove someones opinion wrong.
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
4 years ago

You can't prove someones opinion wrong.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

True, but you can prove some of their beliefs wrong.

And, let’s say someone has the “opinion” that it’s perfectly ok to go through a red light. When the cop pulls him over, will he not get a ticket ? Will he say “it’s my opinion that it’s ok to run a red light” and the cop will say “oh! I’m sorry! I can’t prove your opinion is wrong!”
Get my point?
UserPostedImage
gbguy20
4 years ago

I also have been concussed by some of the posts here.
😂

Originally Posted by: Cheesey 

This is by far your best post of all time. Absolutely amazing.
Barfarn
4 years ago

If this is not elite, I am perfectly okay having our QB being closed to "just an ass".

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

LOL...okay I figured I better carve time to come and take my lumps...LOL

Z2C you win with grace and gotta say deservedly added in some the perfect amount of smartass given the tone of my Rodgers comments [LOL] Now to all the others acting like sardonic sore-winner Trump-spirited mean-girls [Snickering]...

Asserting Rodgers is elite because of one elite performance is a logical error identified as "proof by example." Com'mon man, even in delirium we gotta process like adults: Cutler had some great games too; but he still sucked, we all agree on that, right?

First, now all Packerhome experts please go to the tape AND EFFING LEARN SOMETHING. Sunday our group saw repeatedly 1 highlight play, the first TD to Jones and we discussed it. Read 1 was to a WR lined up wide left, who ran a WIDE-OPEN one line curl-in. The LT and LG opened up a perfect throw-lane and the CB was backed off the WR by 3-4-5 yards [Probably due to previous play design]. Rodgers SKIPPED read #1 to a wide-open receiver, ARGH! This time it worked; but if #1 is wide open, that leaves 4 guys to cover reads 2 and 3. It was 1st and 10, so it if it failed it wasn't the end of the world [This was a benchable offense if 3rd and 5]. This play should not be cheered because of the great result, this play exemplifies the reason why we may not make playoffs or go deep if we do.

Second, when the Baldwin article came out. What the hell did you think would happen? LOL. Of course this prick is going to have to prove Baldwin wrong. So instead of playing like Rodgers of old; he plays the highlight hero bitch, and probably comes on these websites to masturbate to the singing of his sycophants. This performance on one hand gave me some wood, so many magical throws and a solid win, it's exhilarating. But it pisses me off, because it once again confirms that Rodgers still has it, his problem is not age. His problem is he's just an uncoachable its-about-me asshat between the ears.

Third, I posted a while back here blaming the fans for Rodgers's suck. His reaction to Baldwin's article evidences that if GB fandom shunned his statistical performance and collectively criticized his bad decision making; we'd get performances like this week after week. But, the GB fan-dumb is what it is, so we all must suffer. Please endeavor to separate from the fan-dumb even if winning with grace is especially challenging 😂.

Fourth, Rodgers QBR over the last 4 years is 60.7 minus his play 2nd half of '16 [63.1 including it]. Cutler's QBR was better in his prime. This really pisses me off, because Rodgers is 1000x better than Cutler any day; as long as he feels like playing great.
earthquake
4 years ago
Barn can you save your next dumbass Rodgers post for a few hours before the next game? That's worked pretty well the last 2 weeks.
blank
Cheesey
4 years ago

Barn can you save your next dumbass Rodgers post for a few hours before the next game? That's worked pretty well the last 2 weeks.

Originally Posted by: earthquake 

Now THAT made me laugh!

Barfarn....what makes a QB “elite” in your mind?
Without decent players around the guy, how can a QB be elite? Tom Brady has had elite players surrounding him his entire career. You think that hasn’t made it a lot easier for him?
Look at what Rodgers has done with average guys. Jordy and Adams have been the only WRs that I would call “elite”. Yet Aaron Rodgers has taken chicken s&@t and made chicken salad with it year after year. The years he was injured he still tried to rally a less then stellar team.
Now he’s getting old (in football terms) and is having a pretty good season. Getting more comfortable with the new offense. And not even having a #1 receiver out on the field.
I’d call that pretty impressive.
UserPostedImage
Porforis
4 years ago
I have to lead with your final point because it kind of highlights just how little of a leg you stand on, and for someone that likes to nitpick about logical fallacies, you seem to make a ton of them yourself and seem to love warping the facts around your opinion rather than using them to form a coherent argument with a basis in reality versus your feelings.

Fourth, Rodgers QBR over the last 4 years is 60.7 minus his play 2nd half of '16 [63.1 including it]. Cutler's QBR was better in his prime. This really pisses me off, because Rodgers is 1000x better than Cutler any day; as long as he feels like playing great.

Originally Posted by: Barfarn 

Could you cherry pick statistics any more than you did right here? You choose QBR (not to be confused with the much more widely used quarterback rating), choose an arbitrary timeframe that happens to provide the data you're looking for with no statistical or logical value and compare it to the best of Cutler's career as if it means something. And use an undefined term like "in his prime" to further erode any value in your statement. What specific timeframe of Cutler's career are you referring to and why was he in his prime at that time?

If we compared apples to apples here, and since you seem to like QBR for some reason I'll bite and use that - For any continuous timeframe from 1 year to 3 wherein the QB was a starter, comparing Rodgers best or worst QBR over that period to Cutler's best or worst, Rodgers always comes out way ahead. In the interest of not spending an hour on this, I didn't go further but if you'd like to accuse me of cherry picking data, go ahead and prove me wrong.

Best - Rodgers/Cutler (average/year)

1 - 84.5/70.9
2 - 77.85/64.75
3 - 74.97/60.87

Worst - Rodgers/Cutler (average/year)

1 - 54.4/23.2
2 - 59.4/34.4
3 - 64.2/42.9

And just in case you object to my methodology, here's for seasons of 10+ games started since there's way more outliers in seasons where the QB didn't start the vast majority of the games for obvious reasons:

1 - 54.4/45.6
2 - 67.05/50.7
3 - 68.1/55

So basically, Rodgers at his best has consistently had at least a +13.1 QBR over Cutler's best, and at his worst, has had at least +8.8 QBR over Cutler's worst. And as I'll get into below, Cutler's not as horrible as you seem to be making him out to be.

Asserting Rodgers is elite because of one elite performance is a logical error identified as "proof by example." Com'mon man, even in delirium we gotta process like adults: Cutler had some great games too; but he still sucked, we all agree on that, right?

Not really, he was average. Just because he sucked overall against the Packers doesn't mean he sucked - Career passer rating of 85.3 (Just shy of Brett Favre's 86.0), 227 TDs to 160 INTs at a 1.42 ratio (Again, not that far short of Brett Favre at 508/336, 1.51 ratio). His skills and stats were above average, where he was below average is in taking charge of games, and while there's tons of factors involved in this both with Cutler and the rest of his team, where he's below average is his win-loss record of 74-79.

Second, when the Baldwin article came out. What the hell did you think would happen? LOL. Of course this prick is going to have to prove Baldwin wrong. So instead of playing like Rodgers of old; he plays the highlight hero bitch, and probably comes on these websites to masturbate to the singing of his sycophants. This performance on one hand gave me some wood, so many magical throws and a solid win, it's exhilarating. But it pisses me off, because it once again confirms that Rodgers still has it, his problem is not age. His problem is he's just an uncoachable its-about-me asshat between the ears.

For someone that likes pointing out logical fallacies, you sure seem to make a lot of them. This is called confirmation bias - you've convinced yourself that Rodgers is a stubborn mule who is happy to take the team down with him unless the coach treats him like a god and lets him do whatever he wants. But is so sensitive to criticism - but only in the media, not from his coach or the locker room, and then again only certain select articles such as this one and not the 10,000 others that are written all season long for some reason - that he goes ahead and decides to prove people wrong and throws a 153.8 game.

Why did he only care about this article? Media personalities have been saying stuff like this for years. It was all over the place a couple years ago, and Rodgers didn't react like this. Why is this article special? How do you get your staggering insight into Rodger's psyche?

Third, I posted a while back here blaming the fans for Rodgers's suck. His reaction to Baldwin's article evidences that if GB fandom shunned his statistical performance and collectively criticized his bad decision making; we'd get performances like this week after week. But, the GB fan-dumb is what it is, so we all must suffer. Please endeavor to separate from the fan-dumb even if winning with grace is especially challenging 😂.

Again, why is Baldwin's article special? People write critical articles about him all the time. There've been some doozies by prominent people and most aren't followed up by career performances.
Fan Shout
beast (17-May) : Not sure why a players views reflect on GB... instead of simply on the player
Martha Careful (17-May) : I bet some of us have had 6+ mRNA jabs, a UKR flag on our walls, and still think Fauci has a thread of integrity
Zero2Cool (16-May) : From what I've read, it's all Jets , not us.
CanPackFan (16-May) : Will there ever be a time when Rodgers' whacko views will not reflect on GB? He is the past, thank god.
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Jan 4th gonna be rough with that start time lol
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Packers schedule listed. Boom.
buckeyepackfan (15-May) : Let the leaks begin. Colts @ Packers week 2, Vikings @ Packers week 4
Zero2Cool (14-May) : WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling to Bills
Zero2Cool (14-May) : Jets and Aaron Rodgers open up on Monday Night Football,
Zero2Cool (13-May) : $170 guaranteed. This might impact Jordan Love
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Lions are signing QB Jared Goff to a four-year, $212 million extension
Zero2Cool (13-May) : I know we moved on. That tidbit just makes me a touch happier.
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Sources spoke of many, many times last summer where Hackett called a play, then Rodgers changed it completely at the line
Martha Careful (10-May) : 1. this is true of all our linemen. 2. His run block is fine. 3. If all OL played like he has, we would win SB.
beast (10-May) : Meyers pass blocking is really good, his run blocking is really not.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : Packers have claimed DE Spencer Waege off of waivers from the 49ers and waived DT Rodney Mathews.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : And the OL protections seem to be good.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : I really don't know lol. I don't see him getting blown up.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : -3 buwahhhahaaha
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : 4th
Zero2Cool (9-May) : because he's 1st
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : Myers isn't even the 3rd best C on the roster atm
Martha Careful (9-May) : I am not sure I understand the Myers hate. He was consistently our third best lineman. RG and LT were worse.
beast (9-May) : Just saying I don't think moving Myers would help Myers.
beast (9-May) : Center is usually considered the easiest position physically if you can handle the snap stuff.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : For now...
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (8-May) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (8-May) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
Titans
Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
Jaguars
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
49ERS
Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
BEARS
Recent Topics
3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

18-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

15-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

13-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

13-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

12-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

11-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

9-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.