bboystyle
4 years ago
i hate hot takes like "as good as your record"

Thats for teams that play against a weak schedule (Pats and Niners)

Packers are 7-1 with a very hard schedule playing against playoff bound teams. Screw the ESPN hot takes and doubters. We would normally fold vs good teams. Not this year. Cant wait until we beat the Niners and shut everyone up. Thats a team that isnt as good as their record. Who have they faced? Rams? yea they aint the same Rams of yesteryear. Panthers? Yea good job beating a rookie QB and a bad defense.

Same with Pats. at least with the Pats they have a history of winning in todays games vs good teams.

And we had a history of losing games vs good teams. Not anymore though. This team can make a run with its defense. U dont need to be top 5 in every category to win. QB pressure and turnovers and points allowed can win u championships.

the 2011 Giants, for example, were 29th overall ranked defense going into the playoffs. The only stats they were good in is getting to the QB, and getting turnovers. Something our D can do. If we click at the right time, we can make a run.
buckeyepackfan
4 years ago
Pettine's strategy was to play a lot of soft zone, blitz very little and keep KC's playmakers from getting huge plays.
The strategy worked.
Anybody who thinks The Packers are going to hold every team under 20 points is dreaming.

There are going to be some games where The Offense is just going to have to outscore the other team.
That's just the way it is in todays NFL.

The League wants points!
The fans want points!

Seems The Offense has come together and is clicking on all cylinders.

The Defense just has to keep creating turnovers and The Packers will be just fine.

Cowherd is a joke!
I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
Pack93z
4 years ago
It is like the "talking heads" forget that teams have talent beyond the QB or starters.

The Chiefs have been considered a SB contender going into the season, part of that consideration is the overall talent on the roster. Just because the starting QB goes down, does not change the elite speed that KC has on the edges of the offense. Or that they may have a offensive line that is NFL quality.

Nah, it starts and ends only with the QB.

Is Green Bay elite? Not sure at this point; but they are 7-1 and has pieces and depth in most places to compete and win weekly. I will take it.

PS. KC is a bit disappointing on the defensive side of the ball... for a team that seemingly has the talent to compete in the AFC for a shot in January, they have under performed thus far. Yeah, I know. Injuries. Part of the gauntlet of the NFL is dealing with attrition.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
4 years ago

Pettine's strategy was to play a lot of soft zone, blitz very little and keep KC's playmakers from getting huge plays.
The strategy worked.
Anybody who thinks The Packers are going to hold every team under 20 points is dreaming.

There are going to be some games where The Offense is just going to have to outscore the other team.
That's just the way it is in todays NFL.

The League wants points!
The fans want points!

Seems The Offense has come together and is clicking on all cylinders.

The Defense just has to keep creating turnovers and The Packers will be just fine.

Cowherd is a joke!

Originally Posted by: buckeyepackfan 

Agreed. The Zone was actually working fairly well in many instances. One of the things that absolutely killed us was poor of tackling. Many times the stop was there, but poor angles struck. It largely kept guys in check. D just has to make those tackles!
warhawk
4 years ago
As Buckeye said Pettine went with a soft zone to keep KC's playmakers in front of the defenders. Not going to win a lot of style points that way but gave them the best chance for a W. KC did all their damage in the 2nd quarter when Reed came up with a lot of creative plays that seemed to throw the Packers pass rush off. I read somewhere that KC only managed like 107 yards in the 2nd half and they got the 1 TD after Tramon went to the face mask on 4th down that would have stopped that scoring drive.
Moore did play one good quarter and they punched the Packers right in the mouth. Playing away from home in a place like KC this game could have been a Chiefs blowout the way the came back in the 2nd quarter.
There is no single definition of an "elite" team. I would think being on the road in one of the loudest stadiums in the league and shutting the home team down after a huge rally and momentum swing may qualify, in part, of the definition "elite". Regardless, the character they showed with the challenges they faced will serve them well down the road. Certainly more so than playing cupcakes every week.

"The train is leaving the station."
Zero2Cool
4 years ago
I don't think we are elite, but I also don't care if we win pretty or ugly. That Lombardi looks the same regardless if you win by 1 point as it does if you win by 20 points.
UserPostedImage
Porforis
4 years ago

I don't think we are elite, but I also don't care if we win pretty or ugly. That Lombardi looks the same regardless if you win by 1 point as it does if you win by 20 points.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

I am pretty sure the Packers' last like, 6 years have taken a combined 10 years off of my life so far though. Can we just blow everybody out every week if for no other reason than my health?
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
4 years ago

Agreed. The Zone was actually working fairly well in many instances. One of the things that absolutely killed us was poor of tackling. Many times the stop was there, but poor angles struck. It largely kept guys in check. D just has to make those tackles!

Originally Posted by: FLORIDA PACKER88 

Memo to the Packers defense: PLEASE TACKLE!
UserPostedImage
beast
4 years ago

It is like the "talking heads" forget that teams have talent beyond the QB or starters.

Originally Posted by: Pack93z 

Completely, talking heads only want to talk about the big names, no one else.

I remember when I HAD to stop watching ESPN's talking heads and I really have never fully went back...

Their programs were paid out something like this (not counting advertising)
50% = Tim Tebow
45% = Rest if the QBs
5% = The rest of the NFL

That was just F'n unbelievable!
UserPostedImage
gbguy20
4 years ago
When I quit watching it was more like 95% Tebow, 5% everything else.....every day of the week for a year. Have not gone back. That was the start of the death of ESPN.
Fan Shout
Mucky Tundra (9h) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (10h) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (11h) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (11h) : For now...
Zero2Cool (12h) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (15h) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (15h) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (18h) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (18h) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Insane about Kingsley
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
dfosterf (28-Apr) : We got Peter Bowde
dfosterf (28-Apr) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
dfosterf (28-Apr) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
beast (28-Apr) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (28-Apr) : damn those vikings
beast (27-Apr) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (27-Apr) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (27-Apr) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / beast

4-May / Packers Draft Threads / bboystyle

4-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

3-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.