beast
  • beast
  • Select Member Topic Starter
4 years ago
Obviously we'd all like the Packers to make the playoffs and win the Superbowl, but in my opinion, they're lock for the playoffs but have no shot at winning the Superbowl this year (which I could be wrong).

But would you rather the Packers

1) Win in the wildcard round of the playoffs and lose in the divisional round?

Or

2) Get a bye week and then lose in the divisional round?

I almost feel like winning in the wildcard round would be better than simply getting a bye, if all they're going to do is lose in the divisional round. (Or course, they potential could lose in the wildcard round too, so that's also not a lock and something one should wish for, if you can get a bye to the next round).

UserPostedImage
4 years ago
Somebody find the OP and throat punch him. Unbelievable for anyone to make this a topic.
Nonstopdrivel
4 years ago
Your question presupposes that a loss is a loss is a loss, but that isn't necessarily the case. Are they playing a superior team or an inferior team? Do they make the game competitive and entertaining, or do they fall flat on their face? Is it a nailbiter down to the very end, or do they get blown out?

In the end, win or lose, I want a good, fun game. I want the team to play to their potential. I don't want them to torpedo their chances by making stupid mistakes. I definitely don't want them to be steamrolled. If they play their hearts out and do their best, yet they fall prey to a great team that's having a great day, sure, it's disappointing, but that's a result I can live with. I'm just tired of them getting their asses handed to them in the playoffs.
UserPostedImage
TheKanataThrilla
4 years ago
I think it might actually be advantageous to be the 5th seed. Sucks that you have to go on the road, but I am not really convinced we are a cold weather team anyway at this point so not convinced that the home crowd will mean all that much in January.
beast
  • beast
4 years ago

Somebody find the OP and throat punch him. Unbelievable for anyone to make this a topic.

Originally Posted by: packerfanoutwest 

Is violence really necessary? ... It's a legit thought, which others replied to with very thoughtful answers and your of just violence and hate... quite sad.
UserPostedImage
beast
  • beast
4 years ago

Your question presupposes that a loss is a loss is a loss, but that isn't necessarily the case. Are they playing a superior team or an inferior team? Do they make the game competitive and entertaining, or do they fall flat on their face? Is it a nailbiter down to the very end, or do they get blown out?

In the end, win or lose, I want a good, fun game. I want the team to play to their potential. I don't want them to torpedo their chances by making stupid mistakes. I definitely don't want them to be steamrolled. If they play their hearts out and do their best, but they fall prey to a great team that's having a great day, sure, it's disappointing, but that's a result I can live with. I'm just tired of them getting their asses handed to them in the playoffs.

Originally Posted by: Nonstopdrivel 

I agree with you. Though I didn't discount that, just think it's a similar but different. I guess the bottom line is that I want the Packers to win a playoff game and not be one and done.

You're absolutely correct, that a competitive loss is a hell lot better than a blow out loss though.
UserPostedImage
beast
  • beast
4 years ago

I think it might actually be advantageous to be the 5th seed. Sucks that you have to go on the road, but I am not really convinced we are a cold weather team anyway at this point so not convinced that the home crowd will mean all that much in January.

Originally Posted by: TheKanataThrilla 

Packers have almost no shot at #1, #4 and #5 seeds (like less than 5% combined)... so it's 2nd, 3rd or 6th seed.

But I agree with you and have thought it for years, with the way the Packers are built, they might be better in a dome game, if the stadium isn't too loud (Seahawks).

Of course, I'm not sure about this year... this year it like it's all about the fronts matchups. If the fronts get a really physical line against them, they then really struggle.
UserPostedImage
dyeah_gb
4 years ago

Obviously we'd all like the Packers to make the playoffs and win the Superbowl, but in my opinion, they're lock for the playoffs but have no shot at winning the Superbowl this year (which I could be wrong).

But would you rather the Packers

1) Win in the wildcard round of the playoffs and lose in the divisional round?

Or

2) Get a bye week and then lose in the divisional round?

I almost feel like winning in the wildcard round would be better than simply getting a bye, if all they're going to do is lose in the divisional round. (Or course, they potential could lose in the wildcard round too, so that's also not a lock and something one should wish for, if you can get a bye to the next round).

Originally Posted by: beast 

I am going to answer but ignore your constraint that GB needs to lose in the divisional round 😟. The bye is the better option. Home field advantage is still a thing and gives the team the best chance to get to the NFCC by only having to win one game instead of two. Ideally. MLF can take advantage of the bye to continue to get this team ready to win against better teams in the playoffs (just ignore the 49er game).
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool - R. Feynman
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
4 years ago
take the bye then win the next game please.
UserPostedImage
beast
  • beast
4 years ago

I Ideally. MLF can take advantage of the bye to continue to get this team ready to win against better teams in the playoffs (just ignore the 49er game).

Originally Posted by: dyeah_gb 

Ideally yes... but realistically?

take the bye then win the next game please.

Originally Posted by: wpr 

I want them to win at least one playoff game, so that would work for me...

Those they will have to go 3-0 these last three weeks to get that bye, or have the Panthers beat the Saints if they lose one.

I just have a hard time seeing the Packers beating the Saints or 49ers right now....

Heck my biggest fear is losing to the Vikings in the playoffs...as if the Packers lose a single game, it looks likely we'll see these two teams face for a third time this year.

UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
dfosterf (4h) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (4h) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (4h) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (23h) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Insane about Kingsley
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
dfosterf (28-Apr) : We got Peter Bowde
dfosterf (28-Apr) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
dfosterf (28-Apr) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
beast (28-Apr) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (28-Apr) : damn those vikings
beast (27-Apr) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (27-Apr) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (27-Apr) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
beast (27-Apr) : OL – Donovan Jennings, USF OT – Trente Jones, Michigan
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : Interesting draft. A bit shocked that we didn't select an early CB. Definitely have Safety help. Pretty happy overall.
dhazer (27-Apr) : wow the last 2 picks are really stupid and probably will be special teams players Top 10 draft pick next year book it
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : I think he ended up with a terrible RAS score
dhazer (27-Apr) : Anyone know what went on with Kitchens from Florida? At 1 point he was to be the Packers 1st round and he is way down the board now
Martha Careful (27-Apr) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Flag?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Sag?
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : It rhymes with "bag."
beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
beast (25-Apr) : 49ers are Cap Tight
beast (25-Apr) : Fuck
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : Kanata, I will be when I'm on my lunch later
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Love you NSD
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Huh. I guess the F-word is censored in this fan shout.
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Anyone who doesn't hang out in the chat probably smokes pole.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

19h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

20h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

1-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

1-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

1-May / Packers Draft Threads / dfosterf

30-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

29-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

29-Apr / Packers Draft Threads / Zero2Cool

29-Apr / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

28-Apr / Feedback, Suggestions and Issues / Zero2Cool

28-Apr / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

28-Apr / Packers Draft Threads / Martha Careful

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.