beast
  • beast
  • Select Member Topic Starter
3 years ago
I think the Packers best defensive weapon right now (besides control the clock on offense) is showing whatever you got to show, to get them to pass the ball...

Just load the box like the Vikings did against us, and dare them to do anything but run it up against the defensive front... yeah see this formation, you can pass it, go ahead, go for it , just don't run it lol
UserPostedImage
all_about_da_packers
3 years ago
Their best weapon on D, you ask?

image.png You have insufficient rights to see the content.
The NFL: Where Greg Jennings Happens.
Zero2Cool
3 years ago

Their best weapon on D, you ask?

image.png You have insufficient rights to see the content.

Originally Posted by: all_about_da_packers 

No chance in hell. I'm still pissed off at his fairy bump on Kamara's long reception TD. That's embarrassing. How do you let anyone see you ever try that? That's the kind of thing you do when you're horsing around with your 7 year old daughter for crying out loud.
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
3 years ago
That would be Mr. Rashan Gary. He's bad to the bone.

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
all_about_da_packers
3 years ago

No chance in hell. I'm still pissed off at his fairy bump on Kamara's long reception TD. That's embarrassing. How do you let anyone see you ever try that? That's the kind of thing you do when you're horsing around with your 7 year old daughter for crying out loud.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

A few rebutting thoughts:
1. That play (and a bad one at that, for sure) shouldn't have gotten to the point JA had to try the tackle. But I'm curious to see the A22 tape to see whether Jaire ran all the way from the other side (i.e., put himself in position to make a play he never really should have been in on) or was fighting through blockers and just leapt to try something. When a player like Kamara gets a full head of steam, it's next to impossible to target his legs and dive all while you yourself are running full steam and trying to avoid blockers. I'm willing to forgive him on that play since it really shouldn't have come to JA making the stop.
2. As the neareast defender, Jaire was targeted twice and allowed 1 rec for -2 yards. That's the body of work for the whole game - 61 defensive snaps - and is "Revis Island" levels of impressive. This dude has the ability to literally shut down his side of the field. I honestly don't know any other CB in the game you could currently say the same thing about.
3. He "dropped" another catch at the end, but I'm of the view that he created an opportunity to get an INT with his skillset and off-field study/preparation that others wouldn't have had. Good defensive players can make plays, but special defensive players (Charles Woodson, for example) can create chances to make plays that shouldn't be there. Jaire may be the closest thing to Woodson we've seen.

Thank you for coming to my TED Talk on why I'd gladly have Jaire's babies, despite the limitations of biological anatomy.
The NFL: Where Greg Jennings Happens.
Zero2Cool
3 years ago

A few rebutting thoughts:
1. That play (and a bad one at that, for sure) shouldn't have gotten to the point JA had to try the tackle. But I'm curious to see the A22 tape to see whether Jaire ran all the way from the other side (i.e., put himself in position to make a play he never really should have been in on) or was fighting through blockers and just leapt to try something. When a player like Kamara gets a full head of steam, it's next to impossible to target his legs and dive all while you yourself are running full steam and trying to avoid blockers. I'm willing to forgive him on that play since it really shouldn't have come to JA making the stop.
2. As the neareast defender, Jaire was targeted twice and allowed 1 rec for -2 yards. That's the body of work for the whole game - 61 defensive snaps - and is "Revis Island" levels of impressive. This dude has the ability to literally shut down his side of the field. I honestly don't know any other CB in the game you could currently say the same thing about.
3. He "dropped" another catch at the end, but I'm of the view that he created an opportunity to get an INT with his skillset and off-field study/preparation that others wouldn't have had. Good defensive players can make plays, but special defensive players (Charles Woodson, for example) can create chances to make plays that shouldn't be there. Jaire may be the closest thing to Woodson we've seen.

Thank you for coming to my TED Talk on why I'd gladly have Jaire's babies, despite the limitations of biological anatomy.

Originally Posted by: all_about_da_packers 

1. That's a complete garbage rebuttal, lol. But seriously, you have 11 on the field. If the play comes you, you make the play regardless if the other 10 should have or if you hustled your ass off just to get there. This wasn't the first time I've seen this from 23 and I know he can do better because I've seen it.
2. This stat would mean something if the Saints weren't throwing more than half, if not most passes barely beyond the line of scrimmage. I love Jaire as a coverage guy though and have no knocks on him in coverage at all.
3. He's on defense for a reason. Not catching a pass isn't something I'm gonna kill him for.

I like Jaire a lot and he's physical. Which is why it pisses me off when I see him throw a bump shoulder into someone. He isn't Deion Sanders. If he was, I'd shrug it off, but when you know, when you have witnessed a guy lay someone out and then you see the shoulder bump shit? Yeah, that pisses me off.

I just don't think we have a defensive weapon on this team. Sometimes I think Amos (watch the All 22, he doe shit). Sometimes I think Za'Darius. In my opinion, we don't have a clear cut best defensive weapon and I think that's probably a good thing cuz no one knows where the punishment is coming from. 😂
UserPostedImage
yooperfan
3 years ago

That would be Mr. Rashan Gary. He's bad to the bone.

UserPostedImage

Originally Posted by: wpr 

Anybody know what Gary's snap count was against the Saints?
I only recall getting two glimpses of him on the field.
Did he have any stats?
Just wondering!

Zero2Cool
3 years ago

Did he have any stats?
Just wondering!

Originally Posted by: yooperfan 

His ass should have been on a milk carton. Only time I noticed him was when he was limping off the field.
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
3 years ago

His ass should have been on a milk carton. Only time I noticed him was when he was limping off the field.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Oh!.........SNAP!!!!!😂
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
3 years ago

Did he have any stats?
Just wondering!

Originally Posted by: yooperfan 

Only 18. That's 30%.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Mucky Tundra (23m) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (1h) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (2h) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (2h) : For now...
Zero2Cool (3h) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (5h) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (5h) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (9h) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (9h) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Insane about Kingsley
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
dfosterf (28-Apr) : We got Peter Bowde
dfosterf (28-Apr) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
dfosterf (28-Apr) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
beast (28-Apr) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (28-Apr) : damn those vikings
beast (27-Apr) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (27-Apr) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (27-Apr) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / beast

4-May / Packers Draft Threads / bboystyle

4-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

3-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.