wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member Topic Starter
3 years ago
Coach Hawn and part 3 on Joe Barry's defense.

UserPostedImage
beast
3 years ago
This one I find very interesting, asking the CBs to read, that might take some time for some to adjust to.

But very smart, I can really see why LaFleur wants this scheme.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
3 years ago

This one I find very interesting, asking the CBs to read, that might take some time for some to adjust to.

But very smart, I can really see why LaFleur wants this scheme.

Originally Posted by: beast 

Why do you believe LaFleur wants this scheme? And what is this scheme?
UserPostedImage
beast
3 years ago

Why do you believe LaFleur wants this scheme? And what is this scheme?

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

I assume he wants it because it's given him the most troubles and he believes it's the best scheme to set up players for success.

As far as this scheme, haven't you watched the coverage videos?

Seems like a versatile cover 2 / cover 3 where you can create some confusion for offenses, as the different packages line up similar but if one has a weakness, the other has a strength there, and you can go back and forth. Plus you can ask the DBs to read and react so no one knows which way they're going at times until they see what the offense does.

Thou, I'm curious how they'll handle the defensive front. As three DT didn't work well for Pettine, and Packers haven't gotten that much better there except Keke has developed. Do they draft a guy? (DTs usually suck as rookies), do they go with two DTs and two Edge? Or hope Keke develops? Or being in a vet?

UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
3 years ago

I assume he wants it because it's given him the most troubles and he believes it's the best scheme to set up players for success.

As far as this scheme, haven't you watched the coverage videos?

Seems like a versatile cover 2 / cover 3 where you can create some confusion for offenses, as the different packages line up similar but if one has a weakness, the other has a strength there, and you can go back and forth. Plus you can ask the DBs to read and react so no one knows which way they're going at times until they see what the offense does.

Thou, I'm curious how they'll handle the defensive front. As three DT didn't work well for Pettine, and Packers haven't gotten that much better there except Keke has developed. Do they draft a guy? (DTs usually suck as rookies), do they go with two DTs and two Edge? Or hope Keke develops? Or being in a vet?

No, I have not watched the videos. I don't have any confidence that anyone knows what scheme or defense Joe Barry is going to be deploying and I'm struggling to find time for regular everyday things as it is.

I can't really tell the difference between Cover 2, Cover 4, Quarters, etc ... so I'm not really sure what to be encouraged or discouraged about. I do think the mentality of the defense is important. I think our previous defenses have been far too much react and respond instead of punching teams in the mouth.
UserPostedImage
dyeah_gb
3 years ago
This is just the benefits of man coverage but does have the additional advantage of making it harder for the qb to read, especially with motion. It would be interesting to see the drawbacks. What about a bunch 3 WR set? Seems the HB can take advantage of this as a dump off in the flats.

I would prefer the players learn how to friggin tackle and take the correct angle on pursuit. Pettine had a decent scheme except for the secondary playing way off on short yardage plays.
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool - R. Feynman
Zero2Cool
3 years ago

This is just the benefits of man coverage but does have the additional advantage of making it harder for the qb to read, especially with motion. It would be interesting to see the drawbacks. What about a bunch 3 WR set? Seems the HB can take advantage of this as a dump off in the flats.

I would prefer the players learn how to friggin tackle and take the correct angle on pursuit. Pettine had a decent scheme except for the secondary playing way off on short yardage plays.

Originally Posted by: dyeah_gb 

Absolutely on the tackling. I am so tired of the shoulder bump. Stop trying to make the highlights and make the tackle.
UserPostedImage
beast
3 years ago

No, I have not watched the videos. I don't have any confidence that anyone knows what scheme or defense Joe Barry is going to be deploying and I'm struggling to find time for regular everyday things as it is.

I can't really tell the difference between Cover 2, Cover 4, Quarters, etc ... so I'm not really sure what to be encouraged or discouraged about. I do think the mentality of the defense is important. I think our previous defenses have been far too much react and respond instead of punching teams in the mouth.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

This is just going into the basics of the Rams defense. Video 1 and 2 are the basics of anyone that runs the coverages, abd videos 3 and 4 are more specifically how they one is different than the average ones, but still basics.

But every scheme has a weakness, I think the concept of basically doing only 4 main things, where the offense might now be able to tell which of the four pre snap and having them have strength in an area when another has weakness is quite smart, as your making the offense do more work, is smart.

Plus a system where no one, not even the players or coaches know who has who until the routes are run is interesting, and if you mix it up and the offense doesn't know you're in it, makes it tougher.

UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
3 years ago

This is just going into the basics of the Rams defense. Video 1 and 2 are the basics of anyone that runs the coverages, abd videos 3 and 4 are more specifically how they one is different than the average ones, but still basics.

But every scheme has a weakness, I think the concept of basically doing only 4 main things, where the offense might now be able to tell which of the four pre snap and having them have strength in an area when another has weakness is quite smart, as your making the offense do more work, is smart.

Plus a system where no one, not even the players or coaches know who has who until the routes are run is interesting, and if you mix it up and the offense doesn't know you're in it, makes it tougher.

The real important question is how will this translate to me playing Madden with that defense?!? 😁😁
UserPostedImage
beast
3 years ago
Also, if I haven't said this already, I just wanted to mention it.

No matter which versions of these we run, we got some improvements that are needed.

No matter what system, we need better CBs.

If we're running lots of Tampa 2, then we need a better coverage LB.

And if running lots of 3 DT fronts, we need better DTs to go with Clark (though hopefully maybe Keke will keep developing).
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
dfosterf (1h) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (1h) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (1h) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (20h) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Insane about Kingsley
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
dfosterf (28-Apr) : We got Peter Bowde
dfosterf (28-Apr) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
dfosterf (28-Apr) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
beast (28-Apr) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (28-Apr) : damn those vikings
beast (27-Apr) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (27-Apr) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (27-Apr) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
beast (27-Apr) : OL – Donovan Jennings, USF OT – Trente Jones, Michigan
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : Interesting draft. A bit shocked that we didn't select an early CB. Definitely have Safety help. Pretty happy overall.
dhazer (27-Apr) : wow the last 2 picks are really stupid and probably will be special teams players Top 10 draft pick next year book it
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : I think he ended up with a terrible RAS score
dhazer (27-Apr) : Anyone know what went on with Kitchens from Florida? At 1 point he was to be the Packers 1st round and he is way down the board now
Martha Careful (27-Apr) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Flag?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Sag?
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : It rhymes with "bag."
beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
beast (25-Apr) : 49ers are Cap Tight
beast (25-Apr) : Fuck
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : Kanata, I will be when I'm on my lunch later
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Love you NSD
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Huh. I guess the F-word is censored in this fan shout.
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Anyone who doesn't hang out in the chat probably smokes pole.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

17h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

20h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

1-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

1-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

1-May / Packers Draft Threads / dfosterf

30-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

29-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

29-Apr / Packers Draft Threads / Zero2Cool

29-Apr / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

28-Apr / Feedback, Suggestions and Issues / Zero2Cool

28-Apr / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

28-Apr / Packers Draft Threads / Martha Careful

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.