nerdmann
2 years ago
Remember RGIII's rookie season? Love us gonna have a whole offense built around what he does best. Plus the running game looks to be pretty good for him, not to jinx.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Zero2Cool
2 years ago

Funny......I don’t remember you saying that Rodgers wouldn’t come back unless the Packers got Randall Cobb back here.😉

Originally Posted by: Cheesey 

Ha, well, to be fair, no one has heard Aaron Rodgers say this out loud. It was only put out there by one person, Trey Wingo. Remember he's the guy who said the following. "Sources: The Packers reportedly told Aaron Rodgers they were going to trade him in the off season, then backed off. It’s been a bleep show between them ever since. And within the last week Rodgers told the team.. trade or no trade I’m not coming back. Buckle up folks"

Numerous folks said this never happened and wouldn't have happened.

I would not be surprised if Rodgers asked for Cobb though. I just think it would mess up the WR depth chart quite a bit. Who do you cut?

UserPostedImage
go.pack.go.
2 years ago

The Packers had to think of the future. You can’t wait until you NEED a QB, then look around and say “gee, maybe we should have done something about it!”
Rodgers wasn’t looking very good, and the FO had to plan ahead. Look at how many teams spend years trying to find a QB. The Packers drafted Rodgers, and a boatload of fans were saying the same thing about him as you are saying about Love now.

Originally Posted by: Cheesey 

I totally understand getting a QB for the future. But it just felt premature. Especially trading up for one in the first round. But I guess I’m beating a dead horse here. I have nothing against Love and I will support him 100% when his time comes.

UserPostedImage
dfosterf
2 years ago
If Rodgers wants Cobb back, I can go along with that, but I can't help but wonder about what appears to me to be a duplicative effort in that we just drafted a kid that looks like a new and improved version of him on paper, coupled with the question of which WR gets tossed to make room for him. Whatever...hey Aaron, how's about pressing for an upgrade on the DL, or perhaps ILB, instead?
Zero2Cool
2 years ago

I totally understand getting a QB for the future. But it just felt premature. Especially trading up for one in the first round. But I guess I’m beating a dead horse here. I have nothing against Love and I will support him 100% when his time comes.

Originally Posted by: go.pack.go. 

They didn't trade up to get a QB. They traded up for a WR. The WR's were taken, so they took the best player available on their board. At least, that was what was said then and seems to continually be skipped over. I see how that happens though. Did they draft Jordan Love? Yes. Did they trade up to that draft slot? Yes. The details are what people just don't care to think twice about.
UserPostedImage
earthquake
2 years ago
The Cobb thing is interesting and weird, but yes, with the Amari Rodgers pick I have to wonder how accurate that is or if it will happen. It makes more sense that that might have been a pre-draft request. In any case, who would they keep? Probably:

D. Adams
MVS
A. Lazard
R. Cobb
D. Funchess
A. Rodgers

Cut: E. St. Brown, M. Taylor (practice squad?), R. Begelton (practice squad?)

Or they roll 7 deep and keep one of those 3

Personally it doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. They would be giving up a draft pick and taking on I think I read an 8mil cap hit. And Cobb is going to be at best WR3, maybe 4 or 5 depending on how Funchess and Amari Rodgers pan out.
blank
nerdmann
2 years ago

If Rodgers wants Cobb back, I can go along with that, but I can't help but wonder about what appears to me to be a duplicative effort in that we just drafted a kid that looks like a new and improved version of him on paper, coupled with the question of which WR gets tossed to make room for him. Whatever...hey Aaron, how's about pressing for an upgrade on the DL, or perhaps ILB, instead?

Originally Posted by: dfosterf 

This story is fake. Aaron's friends in the media are helping him save face by pretending he got some last minute concession from the team.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Zero2Cool
2 years ago

This story is fake. Aaron's friends in the media are helping him save face by pretending he got some last minute concession from the team.

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

I don't know who brought it up, but Trey Wingo is not reliable. That doesn't mean Aaron Rodgers didn't say something like "I would really like to get Randall Cobb back", but to say "No Cobb, No Me" doesn't make any sense whatsoever.
UserPostedImage
beast
2 years ago

They didn't trade up to get a QB. They traded up for a WR. The WR's were taken, so they took the best player available on their board. At least, that was what was said then and seems to continually be skipped over. I see how that happens though. Did they draft Jordan Love? Yes. Did they trade up to that draft slot? Yes. The details are what people just don't care to think twice about.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

I don't believe for a second that the trade was made official before the pick and they knew exactly whom was or wasn't available.

GMs have talked about teams pulling out of trades at the last moment, when a guy they didn't think would drop, did drop (which Gute said happened a lot in 2021 draft... both when they were looking at trade downs for their 1st round, and trying to trade up from their 3rd round), as well as teams pulling out of a trade when the guy they wanted was drafted and no longer available.

So my believe is that the Packers totally wanted to trade up... first for the WR the Vikings got, then for the WR the 49ers got.... but even after they were both taken off the draft board, the Packers still had a decision, to go through with the deal or not.

Gute went through with the trade knowing the board, and knowing probably whom he was going to select. The QB wasn't the position he was hoping for, but he thought he was the best potential left on the board. And if Love develops into just Derek Carr level of talent, then Gute might very well be correct! And Love has the raw potential to be better than Carr, though can he develop it? I've always thought he'd need 3 years to develop at least.

Also if we're trading Rodgers after the season, maybe we can pick up a veteran like Andy Dalton or Ryan Fitzpatrick on a short term cheap deal. To have a vet backup just in case... if Blake Bortles doesn't stick around... of course Bottles might stock around with his former offensive coordinator being our current offensive coordinator.

UserPostedImage
beast
2 years ago

I don't know who brought it up, but Trey Wingo is not reliable. That doesn't mean Aaron Rodgers didn't say something like "I would really like to get Randall Cobb back", but to say "No Cobb, No Me" doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

The Cobb news seems fake, because I don't think anyone would want Cobb's contract and since it's basically guaranteed for this year, he has no reason to reduce it, and Rodgers might not be here next year.

But I don't believe it has anything to do with Rodgers... just the media is getting bad Intel and reporting it as correct.

Rodgers has absolutely nothing to gain about saying the team agreed to get Cobb, especially when it doesn't happen. There is absolutely no advantage for Rodgers nor the Packers for that rumor...

There is advantage for Cobb if Rodgers future team thinks it real. And advantage for Texans whom have him locked into making about $8.5 million this year, if they're trying to trade that contract. Especially since they need more cap space and there is absolutely no way they're going to compete for much this year.

UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Mucky Tundra (17h) : @AndyHermanNFL Sean Rhyan getting some reps at center in walkthroughs. They are rotating guys everywhere.
Mucky Tundra (18h) : or that might have been an individual drill thing
Mucky Tundra (18h) : that was from the 29th but I've seen other combs (including Rhyan@C)
Mucky Tundra (18h) : @ByRyanWood Without Elgton Jenkins and Zach Tom, #Packers starting OL: Rasheed Walker, Jordan Morgan, Josh Myers, Sean Rhyan, Andre Dillard.
Martha Careful (23h) : I have never seen an OTA, but who is lining up at LT and RG with starters? or is it all individual drills?
Zero2Cool (30-May) : Bears are the first team to be selected for Hard Knocks
dfosterf (29-May) : Andy Herman and his Pack a day podcast put up GB strengths yesterday. This morning he did weaknesses. They are both very good.
Zero2Cool (25-May) : Yes.
beast (24-May) : Does he say what it is?
Zero2Cool (22-May) : Christian Watson believes he has discovered the root cause his soft-tissue leg injuries
Zero2Cool (22-May) : Savage played last half of season with tear in rotator cuff
Zero2Cool (22-May) : SISSIES!!!!
Mucky Tundra (22-May) : Sounds like both Kraft and Tom were injuried before OTAs began
buckeyepackfan (22-May) : Not serious but waiting for strength and conditioning coach referwnces.
buckeyepackfan (22-May) : Tom and Kraft both injured(pectoral muscle),
Zero2Cool (20-May) : I feel similar about person and product/service.
beast (17-May) : Not sure why a players views reflect on GB... instead of simply on the player
Martha Careful (17-May) : I bet some of us have had 6+ mRNA jabs, a UKR flag on our walls, and still think Fauci has a thread of integrity
Zero2Cool (16-May) : From what I've read, it's all Jets , not us.
CanPackFan (16-May) : Will there ever be a time when Rodgers' whacko views will not reflect on GB? He is the past, thank god.
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Jan 4th gonna be rough with that start time lol
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Packers schedule listed. Boom.
buckeyepackfan (15-May) : Let the leaks begin. Colts @ Packers week 2, Vikings @ Packers week 4
Zero2Cool (14-May) : WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling to Bills
Zero2Cool (14-May) : Jets and Aaron Rodgers open up on Monday Night Football,
Zero2Cool (13-May) : $170 guaranteed. This might impact Jordan Love
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Lions are signing QB Jared Goff to a four-year, $212 million extension
Zero2Cool (13-May) : I know we moved on. That tidbit just makes me a touch happier.
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Sources spoke of many, many times last summer where Hackett called a play, then Rodgers changed it completely at the line
Martha Careful (10-May) : 1. this is true of all our linemen. 2. His run block is fine. 3. If all OL played like he has, we would win SB.
beast (10-May) : Meyers pass blocking is really good, his run blocking is really not.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : Packers have claimed DE Spencer Waege off of waivers from the 49ers and waived DT Rodney Mathews.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : And the OL protections seem to be good.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : I really don't know lol. I don't see him getting blown up.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : -3 buwahhhahaaha
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : 4th
Zero2Cool (9-May) : because he's 1st
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : Myers isn't even the 3rd best C on the roster atm
Martha Careful (9-May) : I am not sure I understand the Myers hate. He was consistently our third best lineman. RG and LT were worse.
beast (9-May) : Just saying I don't think moving Myers would help Myers.
beast (9-May) : Center is usually considered the easiest position physically if you can handle the snap stuff.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : For now...
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (8-May) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (8-May) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
Titans
Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
Jaguars
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
49ERS
Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
BEARS
Recent Topics
14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

23h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

23h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

29-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

29-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

28-May / Around The NFL / bboystyle

27-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

23-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

21-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Nonstopdrivel

20-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

20-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.