beast
2 years ago

Packers GM Brian Gutekunst says Randall Cobb is still a good player, but makes clear his return via trade is for Aaron Rodgers: "I don't think without Aaron we would be perusing this. ... This is a very important thing for Aaron, so that's why we did it."

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Yeah, normally Gute wouldn't want to block a young guys growth and I'm sure he was hoping the 3rd rounder WR Rodgers would be filling the role Cobb is going to play.

I feel like Gute was trying to go all in, over the next couple of years until 2023, but now his plan is changing going all in now this year as we don't know we're going to have Rodgers, Adams and others back or not...
UserPostedImage
go.pack.go.
2 years ago

Packers GM Brian Gutekunst says Randall Cobb is still a good player, but makes clear his return via trade is for Aaron Rodgers: "I don't think without Aaron we would be perusing this. ... This is a very important thing for Aaron, so that's why we did it."

I don’t see the point in basically saying “we don’t want Randall but Aaron does so we did it”.... that sends a horrible message to Cobb, to Rodgers, and the rest of the team. And it makes himself look bad. I just don’t get it. Keep that part quiet, damn. Maybe he’s just pissed that Rodgers told so many details about the off-season.
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
2 years ago

Yeah, normally Gute wouldn't want to block a young guys growth and I'm sure he was hoping the 3rd rounder WR Rodgers would be filling the role Cobb is going to play.

I feel like Gute was trying to go all in, over the next couple of years until 2023, but now his plan is changing going all in now this year as we don't know we're going to have Rodgers, Adams and others back or not...

Originally Posted by: beast 

I agree with you. This is the time to go for the SB.
So 5 mill to get Cobb to make Rodgers happy is a low price.
Of course, if they don’t win it all, it’s going to look like a waste.
I hope they do win it all.
UserPostedImage
beast
2 years ago

I don’t see the point in basically saying “we don’t want Randall but Aaron does so we did it”.... that sends a horrible message to Cobb, to Rodgers, and the rest of the team. And it makes himself look bad. I just don’t get it. Keep that part quiet, damn. Maybe he’s just pissed that Rodgers told so many details about the off-season.

Originally Posted by: go.pack.go. 

I think it make Gute look great... basically saying we have a failed relationship here, and we're actively working hard to improve the relationship. We're not ignoring the problem, but trying to fix it, and Rodgers is getting something he wants. We're listening and improving.

Also fans complain when the team says nothing (see Ted era), and then fans compare when they're open and honest (see Gute era)...

I agree that it's not a great message to Cobb, but hey, Cobb, do you want to be with the rebuilding Texans or the playoff bound Packers? Packers? Congratulations, we thought so and are giving you $5+ million and a 6th round pick for you! He's gett his same pay and higher chance of going into the playoffs.

UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
2 years ago

Maybe it's self-handicapping? If Randall Cobb flops, we all know it was a move sparked by Aaron Rodgers. If Randall Cobb success, he looks good for trying to make his QB happy and showing humility. I feel his wording today put him in a win-win.
UserPostedImage
go.pack.go.
2 years ago

Maybe it's self-handicapping? If Randall Cobb flops, we all know it was a move sparked by Aaron Rodgers. If Randall Cobb success, he looks good for trying to make his QB happy and showing humility. I feel his wording today put him in a win-win.

I think if Cobb is a success, it makes him look bad for being against the move.
UserPostedImage
beast
2 years ago

I think if Cobb is a success, it makes him look bad for being against the move.

Yeah, but actions speak louder than words and he pulled the trigger! That overrides everything else...

And kind of hard to say he's against it, when he's the only one with power to pull the trigger and he decided to pull the trigger. It's not his optimal preference, but he was for it enough that he pulled the trigger, and again, the actions speak louder than words.
UserPostedImage
go.pack.go.
2 years ago

Yeah, but actions speak louder than words and he pulled the trigger! That overrides everything else...

And kind of hard to say he's against it, when he's the only one with power to pull the trigger and he decided to pull the trigger. It's not his optimal preference, but he was for it enough that he pulled the trigger, and again, the actions speak louder than words.

I guess that’s true. But it does put Rodgers in an “I told you so” position.

UserPostedImage
beast
2 years ago

I guess that’s true. But it does put Rodgers in an “I told you so” position.

And if Rodgers gets that chance to say it, then they all win, as Cobb was successful on the team, making it worth it for all Packers involved.

UserPostedImage
Cheesey
2 years ago

And if Rodgers gets that chance to say it, then they all win, as Cobb was successful on the team, making it worth it for all Packers involved.

Of course then we will lose Aaron Rodgers at the end of this coming season, as if he’s right, Cobb does great and they win it all, then Rodgers HAS to go, as they won’t have a helmet big enough to fit his head!
😋😂
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (2h) : Packers have claimed DE Spencer Waege off of waivers from the 49ers and waived DT Rodney Mathews.
Zero2Cool (3h) : And the OL protections seem to be good.
Zero2Cool (3h) : I really don't know lol. I don't see him getting blown up.
Zero2Cool (3h) : -3 buwahhhahaaha
Mucky Tundra (3h) : 4th
Zero2Cool (4h) : because he's 1st
Mucky Tundra (5h) : Myers isn't even the 3rd best C on the roster atm
Martha Careful (6h) : I am not sure I understand the Myers hate. He was consistently our third best lineman. RG and LT were worse.
beast (10h) : Just saying I don't think moving Myers would help Myers.
beast (10h) : Center is usually considered the easiest position physically if you can handle the snap stuff.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : For now...
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (8-May) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (8-May) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Insane about Kingsley
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / beast

4-May / Packers Draft Threads / bboystyle

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.