wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member Topic Starter
2 years ago

Entering training camp, it was clear that the Green Bay Packers had an open spot on the roster at running back behind Aaron Jones and AJ Dillon. Following the departure of Jamaal Williams, the Packers have been left to choose one from the group of Dexter Williams, Patrick Taylor and 2021 seventh-round draft pick Kylin

Continue Reading @ LombardiAve 

LombardiAve wrote:

Packers are keeping 4 RB. Hill and Taylor are the probable ones but Williams can make it more of a challenge if he does something, anything. I don't hold out much hope for him. He hasn't shown the coaching staff all the much in the last 2 years.
UserPostedImage
nerdmann
2 years ago

Packers are keeping 4 RB. Hill and Taylor are the probable ones but Williams can make it more of a challenge if he does something, anything. I don't hold out much hope for him. He hasn't shown the coaching staff all the much in the last 2 years.

Originally Posted by: wpr 

He's got the skills running the ball. I've heard he's still inconsistent in pass pro. How to not make the team.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
beast
2 years ago

Originally Posted by: wpr 

I have no hope for Dexter making the team, last year he remind me of Alex Green between the tackles, as in that neither of them can read blocking to save their lives. Also it sounds like both Hill and Taylor have already passed Williams.

I wouldn't bet they keep 4 RBs... I mean, I would like to... but right now the Packers seem quite deep at WR, TE, OL and now maybe RB?... you can keep an extra spot for one of them instead of a 3rd QB, but that's going to be quite a tough argument to go short at another spot for a RB, until they're very helpful on STs.

But yes, from what I'm hearing, sounds like Hill has 3rd or 4th round talent but dropped to the 7th round mainly because he left his team mid-season last year.

Which no word on why... but it's strongly speculated new head coach Mike Leech Air Raid spread offense which basically says screw running, we're not running, and in fact I believe it was said they only have three run calls for their OL... block left, block right, and block straight ahead... Quite literally, Leach is ALL about the passing game! Also he doesn't teach OL to pass block normally either, but instead to slowly move back to the QB while blocking your guy, so the defender can't slip past you... basically the theory is, don't get beat and don't try to win, but instead delay the pass rusher for 5 seconds or so and it's the QB job to get the ball out of his hands within 3 seconds. Which is why I was surprised when we drafted one of his OL, in OL Madison.

Also, Leech has a small history of players claiming abuse. Also his Twitter has gotten him in trouble, supposively posting "fake" political videos (I don't have details) and political interview and in 2020 "posting of a meme featuring a noose led to player criticism and transfers".

But the team went from a power blocking force running system, to running via check down passes... and not giving a crap about normal running.

So there are multiple reasons a RB could want to leave Leeches system.

But I also really liked Taylor, and before they resigned Jones, I thought we might be going into next seat with Dillon, (resigning Jamaal) Williams and Taylor. I think he has the potential to make a teams 53, but right now the Packers seem kinda loaded on offense.

And some places like WR for example, we may or may not have a #2 WR... but man do we have depth at the position with four or five #3 and #4 WRs. Packers got lots of depth on offense.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (1h) : $170 guaranteed. This might impact Jordan Love
Zero2Cool (1h) : Lions are signing QB Jared Goff to a four-year, $212 million extension
Zero2Cool (4h) : I know we moved on. That tidbit just makes me a touch happier.
Zero2Cool (4h) : Sources spoke of many, many times last summer where Hackett called a play, then Rodgers changed it completely at the line
Martha Careful (10-May) : 1. this is true of all our linemen. 2. His run block is fine. 3. If all OL played like he has, we would win SB.
beast (10-May) : Meyers pass blocking is really good, his run blocking is really not.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : Packers have claimed DE Spencer Waege off of waivers from the 49ers and waived DT Rodney Mathews.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : And the OL protections seem to be good.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : I really don't know lol. I don't see him getting blown up.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : -3 buwahhhahaaha
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : 4th
Zero2Cool (9-May) : because he's 1st
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : Myers isn't even the 3rd best C on the roster atm
Martha Careful (9-May) : I am not sure I understand the Myers hate. He was consistently our third best lineman. RG and LT were worse.
beast (9-May) : Just saying I don't think moving Myers would help Myers.
beast (9-May) : Center is usually considered the easiest position physically if you can handle the snap stuff.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : For now...
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (8-May) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (8-May) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Recent Topics
9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

20h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

12-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

11-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

9-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.