Zero2Cool
2 years ago

The Packers have gotten rid of three recent draft picks over the last two weeks, with Kamal Martin and Ka'dar Hollman on Monday, with more to come over the next eight days.

Continue Reading @ Sports Illustrated 

Sports Illustrated wrote:

Definitely gonna have to read this.
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
2 years ago
Culling the herd. Martin's release without a second season to develop is a little bit of a surprise. It wasn't that long ago that "experts" where claiming he was a steal in the 5th round. Without his injury he would have gone much much higher.

Early in camp I wondered if Hollman would push Ento for the CB6. knew Jackson wouldn't. Now with Yiadom looking to make the team too no room for Kadar.

I'm sure there will be other mid level players that are shown the door.

Releasing Dex Williams isn't going to be much of a surprise if it happens. He has struggled for a while. Keeping him over Taylor will be a surprise to me.

I don't see Hanson as being on the bubble. He was a PS player last year. With the guys they brought in via draft and FA he will be again. If he's lucky.

A 7th round pick not making the first 53 isn't much of a shock. Even more so when it is a championship caliber team. Scott and Garvin have rather long odds even though they contributed a little bit last year.
UserPostedImage
dyeah_gb
2 years ago
This may not be a bad thing if it is a move to hold players that lack the fundamentals more accountable. Tackling was a major problem last year. Martin was not the player that I expected to be early on the chopping block though.
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool - R. Feynman
Zero2Cool
2 years ago
Okay, I read the article and I'm feeling this is an overreaction. The process is draft and develop. If you realize a player was drafted and isn't developing, you cut bait so others can develop. That's how the system should work. At least, in my opinion and I'm right!! Buwahahaha
UserPostedImage
beast
2 years ago

Okay, I read the article and I'm feeling this is an overreaction. The process is draft and develop. If you realize a player was drafted and isn't developing, you cut bait so others can develop. That's how the system should work. At least, in my opinion and I'm right!! Buwahahaha

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Yeah I'm not gonna read it... but with the current setup of teams over pay stars hasn't lead to teams paying the veteran above average guys as well.... and so all teams in this current era have gone to draft and developing.

I mean EVEN the Cowboys and Redskins owners have stopped trying to buy championships.

So draft and development is still clearly in... except for maybe Bill belichick but he's always been the exception to many rules... and his drafts have kinda sucked in recent years and it's FAs that have helped him.
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
2 years ago
Lots of great comments in this thread!
Draft and develop is great when you are trying to build a long time contender. But at this point, with the very real possibility of losing your MVP QB, and maybe top WR and other impact players, it’s time to go all in. This might be your last shot at a championship. And winning one this year would somewhat take away the sting of possible years of rebuilding.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Mucky Tundra (13h) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (14h) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (15h) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (15h) : For now...
Zero2Cool (16h) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (18h) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (18h) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (22h) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (22h) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Insane about Kingsley
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
dfosterf (28-Apr) : We got Peter Bowde
dfosterf (28-Apr) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
dfosterf (28-Apr) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
beast (28-Apr) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (28-Apr) : damn those vikings
beast (27-Apr) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (27-Apr) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (27-Apr) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / earthquake

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / beast

4-May / Packers Draft Threads / bboystyle

4-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

3-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.