wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member Topic Starter
2 years ago

If Aaron Rodgers doesn't want to play for the Green Bay Packers in 2022, it seems like he will have to force a trade or retire. Per NFL reporter Jordan Schultz, the Packers have shown "zero interest" in trading Rodgers despite receiving inquiries from multiple teams already. This article will be …

Continue Reading @ Adam Wells 

Adam Wells wrote:

If you could get 2 first round picks for Aaron from an AFC team would you keep him or trade him? I say let's try with him for a couple more years. (Love stays too.)
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
2 years ago

If you could get 2 first round picks for Aaron from an AFC team would you keep him or trade him? I say let's try with him for a couple more years. (Love stays too.)

Originally Posted by: wpr 

I would keep him. And try for a couple more years, like you said.

UserPostedImage
beast
2 years ago

It depends on how high the first round picks are, if we're talking #32, then no... but top 10 picks can be like two first rounders, especially if you trade back and get two first rounders.

Since Broncos is coming up the most in rumors, let's take a look at them, they have the 9th overall pick, that and their first rounder next year might be like getting three picks, so I might consider it.

But they also got picks from the Rams in the Von Miller trade and I'd like more than that, they got 9, 40, 64, 75, 96, 113 this year in the top 140.

Also, if we're trading Rodgers, we might as well (tag and) trade Adams and Cobb with him.

So say, Packers get the Broncos 1st and 2nd round picks next year, to go with Broncos #9, #40 and #64 this year for Rodgers, Adams and Cobb.

I mean, I think the Packers are going to keep him, unless he wants a trade or he retires. But I'm just saying there is potential value packages out there that could make me consider moving on.
UserPostedImage
dyeah_gb
2 years ago

Trade. The Packers made the risky decision to move on two years ago by trading up in the first round to develop the next QB. They have endured controversy in every offseason since to invest in their future. They are in a good position to further establish a solid future team by trading the MVP for the right draft picks. It seems crazy to throw that all the way for the near term benefit of 1-2 years with Rodgers who, IMO, has a track record of underperforming in the playoffs the team needs him the most. That being said, I would not be surprised to see Packer executives piss themselves and change their minds like a bunch of cowards rather then continue with the road they have paved. The only qualifier is if Love has failed to follow the development timeline. Only the packer's coaches know for sure.

The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool - R. Feynman
Zero2Cool
2 years ago

I think you have to ask yourself, can Jordan Love help you win the big game? If the answer is yes with hitting a couple draft picks, some free agents (using freed up cap space) and then I say you trade Aaron Rodgers. Basically, can we field a Super Bowl contending team with Jordan Love at QB? The Packers don't seem to be entertaining any trade offers, so I am left to assume they do not think so. Or they know how sensitive Aaron Rodgers is so they refuse to entertain it because they don't want to hurt his feelings or disrespect him in any manner.

Aaron Rodgers will never have a higher trade value than he does right now coming off back-to-back MVP seasons. If you think Love can lead you to the post-season and Super Bowl, you get as much as you can for Rodgers right now.
UserPostedImage
dhazer
2 years ago
I am all for trading him to Denver and get the picks, and I have seen people saying the picks won't be that great but after looking at their opponents next year I think differently. They have basically 3 playoff teams in their own division then they play the NFC West (Rams, Cards, Seahawks, and Rodgers favorite 49ers) then they get some easy games from the AFC South but it still includes INDY and the Titans, and to top it off they get the Ravens. So I could see some picks from maybe the 7-14 range. And to top it off we could be under the cap and hopefully, have plenty of future picks to keep replenishing. The worst thing would be for him to retire but not with Brady and Ben both would get higher billing than him, or worse yet we sign him to an extension and be in cap hell and not be able to replenish any position, kind of like when we had to let all the o-line go back in the days of Favre.

Just looked the following year when Rodgers would be a FA and goto Denver they play the AFC East and you guessed it the NFC North.
Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂 (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Martha Careful (10-May) : 1. this is true of all our linemen. 2. His run block is fine. 3. If all OL played like he has, we would win SB.
beast (10-May) : Meyers pass blocking is really good, his run blocking is really not.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : Packers have claimed DE Spencer Waege off of waivers from the 49ers and waived DT Rodney Mathews.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : And the OL protections seem to be good.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : I really don't know lol. I don't see him getting blown up.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : -3 buwahhhahaaha
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : 4th
Zero2Cool (9-May) : because he's 1st
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : Myers isn't even the 3rd best C on the roster atm
Martha Careful (9-May) : I am not sure I understand the Myers hate. He was consistently our third best lineman. RG and LT were worse.
beast (9-May) : Just saying I don't think moving Myers would help Myers.
beast (9-May) : Center is usually considered the easiest position physically if you can handle the snap stuff.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : For now...
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (8-May) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (8-May) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
3m / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

17h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

9-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.