wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member Topic Starter
2 years ago

Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers said after a season-ending loss to the 49ers that he didn't want to be part of a rebuilding effort in Green Bay. And now his receiving corps is in shambles. It's slightly less wrecked following the addition of Sammy Watkins. But the reported details of the contract — one year, up [more]

Continue Reading @ Mike Florio 

Mike Florio wrote:

UserPostedImage
nerdmann
2 years ago
There's a rumor they will trade for DK Metcalf during the draft.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
beast
2 years ago

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

Seahawks supposively want two first for him, as he's young and a great kid.

I seriously doubt the Packets want to trade their draft capital for a guy that needs an expensive new veteran contract soon.

Packers need to go cheap (do to limited cap space) and that's through the draft.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
2 years ago

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

There is also a rumor that Jessica Alba is going to file for divorce and run away with me. I'm thinking that one is more likely than the Packers getting bent over to trade for a WR who's going to want a massive contract.
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
2 years ago

There is also a rumor that Jessica Albatross is going to file for divorce and run away with me. I'm thinking that one is more likely than the Packers getting bent over to trade for a WR who's going to want a massive contract.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

There.....I fixed it.....😂🤣🧐🤪
UserPostedImage
PackersNation
2 years ago

Seahawks supposively want two first for him, as he's young and a great kid.

Originally Posted by: beast 

They want two firsts for him because he is a very good WR. As a person he is actually kind of a problem child and a knob. Remember last season when he got ejected because he got into it with a few Packers players? Threw a punch at Stokes. Never really got along with Russell Wilson either. Those aren't the reasons why I don't want the Packers to trade for him though. I like the idea of getting a couple young stud WRs like Olave and Christian Watson. I always prefer building through the draft.
beast
2 years ago

They want two firsts for him because he is a very good WR. As a person he is actually kind of a problem child and a knob. Remember last season when he got ejected because he got into it with a few Packers players? Threw a punch at Stokes. Never really got along with Russell Wilson either. Those aren't the reasons why I don't want the Packers to trade for him though. I like the idea of getting a couple young stud WRs like Olave and Christian Watson. I always prefer building through the draft.

Originally Posted by: PackerNation 

It's interesting how fans want hyper competitive players, and then complain when they get them.

They were being completely shut out, if they're not pissed, then I'd want them traded or fired.

Yeah the "punch" was too much, other than the fact, in reality, there was no punch... He grabbed S Black's facemask and then other Packers players, rightful got in his face, and then he grabbed CB Stokes facemask and then pushed CB Douglas facemask. The closest thing to a punch was an weak stuff arm push when a Seahawks player was was backing him up. He was rightfully ejected, but he clearly should not and did not get suspended, as there clearly was no punch.

Also interesting how DK Metcalf and Russell Wilson weren't getting along, except you hear the exact opposite from them, as Metcalf has called Wilson his big brother and Wilson even taught Metcalf how to swim.

Sure Metcalf was upset about getting wide open again and again and again and not getting a catchable ball after Wilson came back from his hand injury, but can you name a great player that wouldn't be frustrated by doing an absolute amazing job and it doesn't help the team a single bit? He was pissed at the results, but never showed he was pissed at the person.

UserPostedImage
PackersNation
2 years ago

It's interesting how fans want hyper competitive players, and then complain when they get them.

They were being completely shut out, if they're not pissed, then I'd want them traded or fired.

Yeah the "punch" was too much, other than the fact, in reality, there was no punch... He grabbed S Black's facemask and then other Packers players, rightful got in his face, and then he grabbed CB Stokes facemask and then pushed CB Douglas facemask. The closest thing to a punch was an weak stuff arm push when a Seahawks player was was backing him up. He was rightfully ejected, but he clearly should not and did not get suspended, as there clearly was no punch.

Also interesting how DK Metcalf and Russell Wilson weren't getting along, except you hear the exact opposite from them, as Metcalf has called Wilson his big brother and Wilson even taught Metcalf how to swim.

Sure Metcalf was upset about getting wide open again and again and again and not getting a catchable ball after Wilson came back from his hand injury, but can you name a great player that wouldn't be frustrated by doing an absolute amazing job and it doesn't help the team a single bit? He was pissed at the results, but never showed he was pissed at the person.

Originally Posted by: beast 

Wow, so you are defending Metcalf's actions in the Packers game. The Seahawks got owned all day and Metcalf lashed out with a temper tantrum. That isn't being "competitive", that is being a sore loser. You say he was "rightfully ejected", but you also imply he has a right to do what he did because the Seahawks were being shutout, you want him pissed or you think he should be "traded" or "fired." I say, if you are "pissed" about getting beat badly on the field, then play better to change the outcome. A player should NEVER lash out with a temper tantrum. Ridiculous to defend his actions. Would you teach your son to "grab" and "push" the other teams facemasks when he is upset his team is losing?

You "hear the exact opposite" from Russell Wilson on getting along with Metcalf? Wilson also said he didn't want to be traded from the Seahawks. Then forced a trade out of Seattle.

Cool that you are a fan of Metcalf and think he is a "great kid." Good luck with that. Many do not share your opinion of him.
Zero2Cool
2 years ago

Wow, so you are defending Metcalf's actions in the Packers game. The Seahawks got owned all day and Metcalf lashed out with a temper tantrum. That isn't being "competitive", that is being a sore loser. You say he was "rightfully ejected", but you also imply he has a right to do what he did because the Seahawks were being shutout, you want him pissed or you think he should be "traded" or "fired." I say, if you are "pissed" about getting beat badly on the field, then play better to change the outcome. A player should NEVER lash out with a temper tantrum. Ridiculous to defend his actions. Would you teach your son to "grab" and "push" the other teams facemasks when he is upset his team is losing?

You "hear the exact opposite" from Russell Wilson on getting along with Metcalf? Wilson also said he didn't want to be traded from the Seahawks. Then forced a trade out of Seattle.

Cool that you are a fan of Metcalf and think he is a "great kid." Good luck with that. Many do not share your opinion of him.

Originally Posted by: PackerNation 

I'm not sure he's defending DK as much as he's explaining what happened based on his opinion. He could also be saying it was an isolated incident in which no one was physically hurt. That being said, I still wouldn't trade a 1st round pick for him, regardless of his temperament. There's just something about him that I cannot explain that turns me away.

However, I just noticed this thread is about SAMMY WATKINS. I think if the Packers can sign another veteran WR and draft two between Day 1-2 in the upcoming draft we'll have a good WR group going into training camp and then keep the best six.
UserPostedImage
PackersNation
2 years ago

I think if the Packers can sign another veteran WR and draft two between Day 1-2 in the upcoming draft we'll have a good WR group going into training camp and then keep the best six.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Yeah, if there is indeed another vet worthy of signing. I don't just want to sign another vet just to sign a vet. I'd rather keep some of the cap space for in season moves that need to be made due to injury etc.

If, as you say, the Packers draft 2 WRs early, I could live with a WR room made up of Lazard, Watkins, Olave, Cobb, Christian Watson, and Amari Rodgers. I think that could be a rather formidable group.
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (11h) : WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling to Bills
Zero2Cool (11h) : Jets and Aaron Rodgers open up on Monday Night Football,
Zero2Cool (13-May) : $170 guaranteed. This might impact Jordan Love
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Lions are signing QB Jared Goff to a four-year, $212 million extension
Zero2Cool (13-May) : I know we moved on. That tidbit just makes me a touch happier.
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Sources spoke of many, many times last summer where Hackett called a play, then Rodgers changed it completely at the line
Martha Careful (10-May) : 1. this is true of all our linemen. 2. His run block is fine. 3. If all OL played like he has, we would win SB.
beast (10-May) : Meyers pass blocking is really good, his run blocking is really not.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : Packers have claimed DE Spencer Waege off of waivers from the 49ers and waived DT Rodney Mathews.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : And the OL protections seem to be good.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : I really don't know lol. I don't see him getting blown up.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : -3 buwahhhahaaha
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : 4th
Zero2Cool (9-May) : because he's 1st
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : Myers isn't even the 3rd best C on the roster atm
Martha Careful (9-May) : I am not sure I understand the Myers hate. He was consistently our third best lineman. RG and LT were worse.
beast (9-May) : Just saying I don't think moving Myers would help Myers.
beast (9-May) : Center is usually considered the easiest position physically if you can handle the snap stuff.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : For now...
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (8-May) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (8-May) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Recent Topics
5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

13-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

13-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

12-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

11-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

9-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.