Zero2Cool
2 years ago

Jeff Darlington @JeffDarlington Breaking News: I just spoke to wide receiver Deebo Samuel — and he told me that he has asked the 49ers to trade him.

He did not want to discuss specific reasons behind his request, but he has indeed let the 49ers know his desire to leave the organization. More to come.

I highly doubt 49ers will trade him to anyone in the NFC, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him go to the Chiefs for one of their 1st rounders.

UserPostedImage
PackersNation
2 years ago

I highly doubt 49ers will trade him to anyone in the NFC, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him go to the Chiefs for one of their 1st rounders.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

I think the Jets is the most likely landing spot. They have the high draft capital to give Niners what they would want, and also would be willing to pay Deebo the crazy dollars he will be looking for once traded.

Everyone thinks he will go to a contender in need of a WR. Not the way it usually works out. If the Jets want him, they have the ammo to go get him.

For the Pack...I am happy with my thoughts of a Lazard, Watkins, Olave, Cobb, Christian Watson, and Amari Rodgers WR room. We good.

OneTeamOneNation
PackerNation!
nerdmann
2 years ago
Gutey interested .
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Zero2Cool
2 years ago

Gutey interested .

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

What Ian said was "Among the teams to consider as the trade market for Deebo Samuel heats up", that does not mean the Packers are interested. Ian pontificated teams that need a WR and threw them in a Tweet. That's it, nothing more.

Websites like "wisportsheroics" are dipshits twisting nothing into something for clicks.

Everyone knows the Packers are looking to bolster their WR. And there is no way 49ers trade their best offensive weapon to one of the top teams in their conference.

Sometimes, the off-season brings out my ugly. Some. Times.

image.png You have insufficient rights to see the content.
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
2 years ago

What Ian said was "Among the teams to consider as the trade market for Deebo Samuel heats up", that does not mean the Packers are interested. Ian pontificated teams that need a WR and threw them in a Tweet. That's it, nothing more.

Websites like "wisportsheroics" are dipshits twisting nothing into something for clicks.

Everyone knows the Packers are looking to bolster their WR. And there is no way 49ers trade their best offensive weapon to one of the top teams in their conference.

Just 1 week until we get real news. Real things to talk/complain about. 🤔

Can you imagine the utter meltdown we would see if the Packers wanted to trade Tae to the Niners? This ain't ever never ever gonna happen. And yet people want to act like it is real. (not nerdmann specifically.)

UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
2 years ago
Rapoport is so weak in his tweet he starts out picking 4 teams and declaring this are the ones. Then he waffles and includes every other team in the NFL under the caveat "and I assume, most other teams who really like good players." No dude, Jerry Jones hates good players. But alas, he already has a few quality WRs. If the Rams don't toss their name into the ring does that mean they don't like good players or can it be that they won't trade with SF and already have Kupp, Robinson and a few others?
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
2 years ago

Rapoport is so weak in his tweet he starts out picking 4 teams and declaring this are the ones. Then he waffles and includes every other team in the NFL under the caveat "and I assume, most other teams who really like good players." No dude, Jerry Jones hates good players. But alas, he already has a few quality WRs. If the Rams don't toss their name into the ring does that mean they don't like good players or can it be that they won't trade with SF and already have Kupp, Robinson and a few others?

Originally Posted by: wpr 

All the guy did was mention teams who he knows are looking for WR's. BUT since he lumped them into a tweet about a specific player, lazy people (ahem, Tweeter users and clickbait sycophants) spout off reports of team X wanting player Y!!!

And then when it doesn't happen, suddenly, the Packers MISSED OUT, THEY HAD A CHANCE AND BLEW IT!!

I love the internet. I hate the internet.
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
2 years ago
There are so many possibilities of what might happen with Deebo, who knows where he will end up. He might end up going nowhere
The Niners might not let him go. Time will tell.
UserPostedImage
nerdmann
2 years ago

They also seem to be going over into the "buying championships" mentality, so...
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
PackersNation
2 years ago

He might end up going nowhere
The Niners might not let him go

Originally Posted by: Cheesey 

I am glad the Packers didn't take that approach with Davante. They had every right to tell him we are not trading you. Play 2022 under the tag or sit out. It could have got ugly. Gute handled it with class and did what was in the best interest of the team and Davante. No drama and everyone moves on.

Deebo is a little different because he has one more year on his contract and isn't under the tag, but it's basically the same situation. We shall see if the Niners make this thing a real mess.
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (2h) : Packers have claimed DE Spencer Waege off of waivers from the 49ers and waived DT Rodney Mathews.
Zero2Cool (3h) : And the OL protections seem to be good.
Zero2Cool (3h) : I really don't know lol. I don't see him getting blown up.
Zero2Cool (3h) : -3 buwahhhahaaha
Mucky Tundra (4h) : 4th
Zero2Cool (4h) : because he's 1st
Mucky Tundra (6h) : Myers isn't even the 3rd best C on the roster atm
Martha Careful (6h) : I am not sure I understand the Myers hate. He was consistently our third best lineman. RG and LT were worse.
beast (11h) : Just saying I don't think moving Myers would help Myers.
beast (11h) : Center is usually considered the easiest position physically if you can handle the snap stuff.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : For now...
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (8-May) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (8-May) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Insane about Kingsley
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
3m / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / beast

4-May / Packers Draft Threads / bboystyle

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.