Zero2Cool
a year ago

I got a pretty interesting  idea. Some reporter asks Jaire Alexander, Rasul Douglas and maybe Amos if THEY know Aaron Rodgers' signals. 🤔 

Originally Posted by: dfosterf 

My assumption is Rodgers has a few dozen signals he uses. Then each week 4-6 are used for that specific week. However, based on what Rodgers said yesterday, it sounds like Jordan Love picks them out and does it. 

I can see how this would make WR's feel uptight and play in fear, but I also think it says more about the WR's the Packers bring in than it does negative about Rodgers. I mean, wouldn't you want your QB to use signals to take advantage of situations?
UserPostedImage
dfosterf
a year ago
Virtually all the media have characterized what the Packers do here with respect to QB signals as another example of Rodgers being an arrogant prick or an approximation of one. He obviously didn't like the article, probably and mostly because of how the article itself was used as another opportunity to bash him. I read it as more along the lines of that is how we roll in Green Bay regarding qb signals, with a resulting bit more difficulty for rookie WRs.
After absorbing the article, my armchair GM /Head coach instincts tell me that it would be a net positive to fear less about the secrecy aspect of those signals than making sure my wide receivers are absolutely well-versed in all of them. When I first read this article, probably because it is about "signals", it reminded me of how I was truly taught semaphore in the military. Coincidentally, semaphore is 30 signals. We were taught in 5 signal "chunks," absolutely immersed in those 5, before moving on to the next 5. The result was an ability to know it without even thinking about it. I submit that the value of teaching these rookie wide receivers to have that level of knowledge and comfort outweighs the need for super secret security of those signals, especially when you also factor in how much easier it is to make minor changes to them once they are fully comprehended. 
Zero2Cool
a year ago

Virtually all the media have characterized what the Packers do here with respect to QB signals as another example of Rodgers being an arrogant prick or an approximation of one. He obviously didn't like the article, probably and mostly because of how the article itself was used as another opportunity to bash him. I read it as more along the lines of that is how we roll in Green Bay regarding qb signals, with a resulting bit more difficulty for rookie WRs. 

Originally Posted by: dfosterf 

If you're saying Rodgers is upset at the reaction of the article, more so than the article itself, I completely agree. The article stated things with quotes from cited sources. This wasn't some unnamed source hit piece.  Players that are/were active on the roster provided quotes. Clearly, it's true information. I think it's just the public reaction that put the angst in Rodgers perspective. 
UserPostedImage
nerdmann
a year ago

So what do you suggest they do? Stop doing signals at the line? Completely lose the capability of changing routes at the line? Sounds dumb as hell to me. 

Originally Posted by: go.pack.go. 

1 How about teach them the signals? If you're afraid of players being cut and leaking the signals, you can always use an indicator, or you could change them once in awhile.

2 Not death glare people. Maybe Aaron also claims he doesn't have a death glare. 

3 Limit yourself to signals that the players know. For example, it has long been claimed that Aaron will audible to plays no one has heard of, from back in the McCarthy days. 

4 Get Aaron off coke. Peruvian marching powder makes a person passive aggressive and douchey. If Aaron stops sniffing it to excess, he we will have less of a douchey propensity to act like the smartest person in the room, by making up signals on the spot or that he hasn't used for a decade, just to make it seem like he's so smart, no one else knows what's up. Who knows, he might even have less of a propensity to hold the franchise hostage and monopolize the salary cap. Maybe he'll even let Jordan play.

5 Stick with the running game. Less of a need to blow peoples minds calling fake signals that don't actually exist if we're not optioning out of the run.

6 Execute the offense. If Aaron hated McCarthy so much and his offense was so "low IQ," then why do we have a whole "2nd playbook" which is not actually "in" the official playbook? Maybe teach those plays so guys know what they are, or let Matt call plays, since his offense is better anyways. 
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
nerdmann
a year ago
7 Trade Aaron for whatever we can get. Tell him to fuck off with his douchey, passive aggressive bullshit. 

8 Instead of making this a fear based proposition, why not reward guys for getting them right when they are tested?
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
dfosterf
a year ago
I think the article was a net plus for the Packers going forward. The Christian Watson goal line mis-communication after this article was out is pure poetry in the sense that it put a bow on the gift that there is a problem here that needs addressing by the Packers, who are, absent some pretty very obviously deserved criticism, quite slow to act. I have said this so many times, in so many ways, while Aaron Rodgers is a lightning rod for criticism by the national media as fans of 31 other teams just love to pile on so many biased opinions of him. Bottom line, still true to this day, Aaron Rodgers has pretty much always been the least of our problems, and when I read here or mostly elsewhere otherwise, I sincerely wonder what the hell are those people looking at. Those reactions to that article piss him off, I think that's obvious and actually good. If you don't think Aaron took the sentiments expressed by the quotes under strong advisement, imo, you lack the ability to intellectually wade through some pretty egregiously  biased hatred of the man, motivated in large part by just how many clicks authors can generate. 
nerdmann
a year ago
Florio's pie hole.

go.pack.go.
a year ago

2 Not death glare people. Maybe Aaron also claims he doesn't have a death glare. 

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

Did you pay attention to what happened after Watson missed that signal at the end of the game? Rodgers and him had smiles about it when Watson came back to the huddle. They even high fived each other. 
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
a year ago

Did you pay attention to what happened after Watson missed that signal at the end of the game? Rodgers and him had smiles about it when Watson came back to the huddle. They even high fived each other. 

Originally Posted by: go.pack.go. 

FAKE NEWS!!! AARON RODGERS IS HORRIBLE TEAMMATE AND KICKS PUPPIES WITH DOWN SYNDROME!!! 
UserPostedImage
nerdmann
a year ago
In fairness, they did make an example of Kylin Hill and they did finally shitcan Amari Rodgers. 

Now Sammy Watkins too.

The main problem is Aaron having leverage over the franchise. Hopefully all of these problems will be properly addressed forthwith.
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (11h) : $170 guaranteed. This might impact Jordan Love
Zero2Cool (11h) : Lions are signing QB Jared Goff to a four-year, $212 million extension
Zero2Cool (15h) : I know we moved on. That tidbit just makes me a touch happier.
Zero2Cool (15h) : Sources spoke of many, many times last summer where Hackett called a play, then Rodgers changed it completely at the line
Martha Careful (10-May) : 1. this is true of all our linemen. 2. His run block is fine. 3. If all OL played like he has, we would win SB.
beast (10-May) : Meyers pass blocking is really good, his run blocking is really not.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : Packers have claimed DE Spencer Waege off of waivers from the 49ers and waived DT Rodney Mathews.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : And the OL protections seem to be good.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : I really don't know lol. I don't see him getting blown up.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : -3 buwahhhahaaha
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : 4th
Zero2Cool (9-May) : because he's 1st
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : Myers isn't even the 3rd best C on the roster atm
Martha Careful (9-May) : I am not sure I understand the Myers hate. He was consistently our third best lineman. RG and LT were worse.
beast (9-May) : Just saying I don't think moving Myers would help Myers.
beast (9-May) : Center is usually considered the easiest position physically if you can handle the snap stuff.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : For now...
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (8-May) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (8-May) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Recent Topics
4h / Random Babble / Novalee

9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

19h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

12-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

11-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

9-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.