Zero2Cool
a year ago
What you think about his comments?

UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
a year ago
It only makes sense for Lazard to look for a new team. If I understand correctly the Packers have not made an offer.
The Packers on the other hand probably want him to return but at their price. I figure they see him as their WR3, blocking WR. Watson and Doubs will have the chance to be the WR1 and 2. 
UserPostedImage
buckeyepackfan
a year ago
Everyone forgets Lazard is the guy who came in the same year MVS, EQ, and J. More were drafted.
Lazard was picked up after Jaguars dropped him from their practice squad.
All he did was outplay all of them, while making himself one of the best, if not the best blocking wr in the league and doing everything and anything The Packers asked of him.

JMHO, if The Packers let him walk away, HUGE MISTAKE!
Whether it's Aaron or J. Love at qb, a guy like Lazard is needed in that locker room!

I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
Zero2Cool
a year ago

Everyone forgets 

Originally Posted by: buckeyepackfan 

No idea why but anytime someone starts off with this, just pisses me off. Massive generalizations and assumptions are just horse-doo-doo!  I mean, everyone? Seriously? EVERYONE FORGOT? Oh, but except you. You're the magnanimous exceptional one, right? 

Okay, my funny petty crap aside ... 

When I listened to Allen Lazard talking, I couldn't help think about Desmond Howard after the 1996 season. The guy could have made the Hall of Fame as a returner (if he continued that dominance), but instead wanted to be a full fledged WR and that's why he joined the Raiders. Of course, you can't fault a guy for wanting to be more. The situations just feel somewhat similar. 

Edit: Wow, that first part came off super asshole. That wasn't my intent. It was more so mocking myself for being petty. My bad if that was missed.
UserPostedImage
buckeyepackfan
a year ago
The big difference is The Packers made a fair offer to Howard, he decided to go elsewhere.
As of now they haven't offered Lazard anything.
MAKE HIM A FAIR OFFER!!!!

I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
TheKanataThrilla
a year ago
I just don't see his ask coming anywhere close to what we can afford.  We've kicked the financial cap so far down the road where if we are in a rebuild/reload situation we need to get our financial house in order.  I see us waiting until well into free agency and picking up a vet WR who may be had much cheaper than Lazard will be asking for.  
nerdmann
a year ago

The big difference is The Packers made a fair offer to Howard, he decided to go elsewhere.

Raiders used to overpay for SB MVPs. Al Davis man. They would also draft for speed. 

Lazard will come back at his own price, but the Packers won't pay him that much. Most Gute will pay is $6-8 but the Alien Lizard wants $12-15.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Zero2Cool
a year ago

True, but Desmond went elsewhere because he was promised a prominent role as WR. The Packers weren't ... well ... I do not remember so I cannot say. I just know that's why he left so I assumed Packers weren't gonna let him have a big role at WR. They felt he was too valuable at KR/PR.
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
a year ago

True, but Desmond went elsewhere because he was promised a prominent role as WR. The Packers weren't ... well ... I do not remember so I cannot say. I just know that's why he left so I assumed Packers weren't gonna let him have a big role at WR. They felt he was too valuable at KR/PR.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Yep.
UserPostedImage
bboystyle
a year ago

What is considered fair to an average at best WR? 5 to 6 mil?
Fan Shout
Mucky Tundra (4-Jun) : *NFL
Mucky Tundra (4-Jun) : @ByRyanWood Pads or no pads, welcome to the N
Mucky Tundra (4-Jun) : @ByRyanWood Rashan Gary just steamrolled Jordan Morgan on a bull rush. Drove right over him to the ground.
Mucky Tundra (3-Jun) : God and a lot of money brought Reggie to GB
Mucky Tundra (3-Jun) : yep. became the highest paid defensive player in the league and 3rd highest behind Elway and Marino
Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Packers signed second-round pick Javon Bullard
Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Reggie White got something like 4 years $17m total right?
buckeyepackfan (3-Jun) : 110mil guaranteed!!!
Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Justin Jefferson. 4/$140m ??? wow
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : @AndyHermanNFL Sean Rhyan getting some reps at center in walkthroughs. They are rotating guys everywhere.
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : or that might have been an individual drill thing
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : that was from the 29th but I've seen other combs (including Rhyan@C)
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : @ByRyanWood Without Elgton Jenkins and Zach Tom, #Packers starting OL: Rasheed Walker, Jordan Morgan, Josh Myers, Sean Rhyan, Andre Dillard.
Martha Careful (31-May) : I have never seen an OTA, but who is lining up at LT and RG with starters? or is it all individual drills?
Zero2Cool (30-May) : Bears are the first team to be selected for Hard Knocks
dfosterf (29-May) : Andy Herman and his Pack a day podcast put up GB strengths yesterday. This morning he did weaknesses. They are both very good.
Zero2Cool (25-May) : Yes.
beast (24-May) : Does he say what it is?
Zero2Cool (22-May) : Christian Watson believes he has discovered the root cause his soft-tissue leg injuries
Zero2Cool (22-May) : Savage played last half of season with tear in rotator cuff
Zero2Cool (22-May) : SISSIES!!!!
Mucky Tundra (22-May) : Sounds like both Kraft and Tom were injuried before OTAs began
buckeyepackfan (22-May) : Not serious but waiting for strength and conditioning coach referwnces.
buckeyepackfan (22-May) : Tom and Kraft both injured(pectoral muscle),
Zero2Cool (20-May) : I feel similar about person and product/service.
beast (17-May) : Not sure why a players views reflect on GB... instead of simply on the player
Martha Careful (17-May) : I bet some of us have had 6+ mRNA jabs, a UKR flag on our walls, and still think Fauci has a thread of integrity
Zero2Cool (16-May) : From what I've read, it's all Jets , not us.
CanPackFan (16-May) : Will there ever be a time when Rodgers' whacko views will not reflect on GB? He is the past, thank god.
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Jan 4th gonna be rough with that start time lol
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Packers schedule listed. Boom.
buckeyepackfan (15-May) : Let the leaks begin. Colts @ Packers week 2, Vikings @ Packers week 4
Zero2Cool (14-May) : WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling to Bills
Zero2Cool (14-May) : Jets and Aaron Rodgers open up on Monday Night Football,
Zero2Cool (13-May) : $170 guaranteed. This might impact Jordan Love
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Lions are signing QB Jared Goff to a four-year, $212 million extension
Zero2Cool (13-May) : I know we moved on. That tidbit just makes me a touch happier.
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Sources spoke of many, many times last summer where Hackett called a play, then Rodgers changed it completely at the line
Martha Careful (10-May) : 1. this is true of all our linemen. 2. His run block is fine. 3. If all OL played like he has, we would win SB.
beast (10-May) : Meyers pass blocking is really good, his run blocking is really not.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : Packers have claimed DE Spencer Waege off of waivers from the 49ers and waived DT Rodney Mathews.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : And the OL protections seem to be good.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : I really don't know lol. I don't see him getting blown up.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : -3 buwahhhahaaha
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : 4th
Zero2Cool (9-May) : because he's 1st
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : Myers isn't even the 3rd best C on the roster atm
Martha Careful (9-May) : I am not sure I understand the Myers hate. He was consistently our third best lineman. RG and LT were worse.
beast (9-May) : Just saying I don't think moving Myers would help Myers.
beast (9-May) : Center is usually considered the easiest position physically if you can handle the snap stuff.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
Titans
Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
Jaguars
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
49ERS
Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
BEARS
Recent Topics
8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

8h / Around The NFL / beast

6-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

4-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

4-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

4-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / earthquake

3-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

2-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

31-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

31-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

31-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

29-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

29-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.