nerdmann
a year ago
Trade compensation:
Jets get:
 Pick No. 15, Rodgers and a 2023 5th-round pick (No. 170).
Packers get:
 Pick No. 13, a 2023 2nd-round pick (No. 42), a 6th-round pick (No. 207), a conditional 2024 second-round pick that becomes a first if Rodgers plays 65 percent of plays.

Gutey speaking now, info from Schefter.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
nerdmann
a year ago
Slightly different info, still breaking.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/live/Kz6Wa8nWY4M?feature=share [/youtube]
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
earthquake
a year ago
So effectively & most likely for a 1st (2024) and a 2nd (2023). With some swapping of pics mixed in to make everyone feel like all the extra time spent negotiating was worth it.

Sounds good to me. I like that the conditional 2024 #1/2 is based on playing time, not some team stat like wins, playoff appearance, etc.
blank
a year ago
I think was a great outcome.

Packers - unloading the salary with some picks to help rebuild...assuming we don't screw them up

Rodgers - moves to a team with a real chance to win.   

I hope the Jets win the SB next year....unless we beat them.
Go Packers!!!!
dhazer
a year ago

So effectively & most likely for a 1st (2024) and a 2nd (2023). With some swapping of pics mixed in to make everyone feel like all the extra time spent negotiating was worth it.

Sounds good to me. I like that the conditional 2024 #1/2 is based on playing time, not some team stat like wins, playoff appearance, etc.

Originally Posted by: earthquake 

I am with you on glad it was about playing time and not team winning. The Jets have a bigtime schedule to face. They have both the Super Bowl teams and the rest of the AFC West and NFC East including their own division which could be the hardest in the league. I am predicting somewhere between 7-10 and 9-8  and no playoffs.

So I like the 2nd this year as that is where we grab the TE and the swap with the 1sts could make sure we get the Ohio State kid and we will get Musgrave or Washington.
Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂 (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
go.pack.go.
a year ago
Finally. I’m glad all of the speculation can be over now. 

Time to move on.
UserPostedImage
earthquake
a year ago
This is what the Packers' picks will look like going into the draft (or will be when the trade is officially finalized).

First round, No. 13 overall (from NYJ)
Second round, No. 42 overall (from NYJ)
Second round, No. 45 overall
Third round, No. 78 overall
Fourth round, No. 116 overall
Fifth round, No. 149 overall
Sixth round, No. 207 overall (from NYJ)
Seventh round, No. 232 overall
Seventh round, No. 235 overall (from LAR)
Seventh round, No. 242 overall (from JAX)
Seventh round, No. 256 overall (compensatory)

Going by the trade value chart here , moving from 15 to 13 is worth +100 points, trading the 5th -23.4, and getting the 6th +8.6. This means an additional +85 in value, which would be equivalent to a 4th-round pick (assuming this draft chart is at all accurate). The Packers got additional value here without the Jets having to give up another pick/shot at a player, which was probably important to them (if not, why not just give the Packers their 4th).

So the effective compensation is something like:

2023 2nd round
2023 4th round
2021 1st round - conservatively I would say pick 24-32, assuming Rodgers is healthy in 2023. But could be even higher as this is the Jets we're talking about.

blank
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
a year ago
I'm ok with the draft picks acquired.
Packers needed to move on. They couldn't have Aaron wandering around during camp waiting for something to happen.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
a year ago

Trade compensation:
Jets get:
 Pick No. 15, Rodgers and a 2023 5th-round pick (No. 170).
Packers get:
 Pick No. 13, a 2023 2nd-round pick (No. 42), a 6th-round pick (No. 207), a conditional 2024 second-round pick that becomes a first if Rodgers plays 65 percent of plays.

Gutey speaking now, info from Schefter.

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

I resigned myself to 2008 Favre compensation as my expectation. I gotta say, Packers did pretty well for a guy who seemingly didn't wanna be here the last couple years.

Packers get 
Jets 2023 1st round (13th overall)
Jets 2nd round (42nd overall)
Jets 2023 6th round (207th overall)
Jets 2024 2nd round (if Rodgers plays 65% snaps in 2023, this becomes 1st round)

Jets get
QB Aaron Rodgers
2023 1st round (15th overall)
2023 5th round (170 overall)

image.png You have insufficient rights to see the content.

UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
a year ago
Here's how the news broke. Funny stuff.

UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (11h) : Packers have claimed DE Spencer Waege off of waivers from the 49ers and waived DT Rodney Mathews.
Zero2Cool (12h) : And the OL protections seem to be good.
Zero2Cool (12h) : I really don't know lol. I don't see him getting blown up.
Zero2Cool (12h) : -3 buwahhhahaaha
Mucky Tundra (13h) : 4th
Zero2Cool (13h) : because he's 1st
Mucky Tundra (15h) : Myers isn't even the 3rd best C on the roster atm
Martha Careful (15h) : I am not sure I understand the Myers hate. He was consistently our third best lineman. RG and LT were worse.
beast (20h) : Just saying I don't think moving Myers would help Myers.
beast (20h) : Center is usually considered the easiest position physically if you can handle the snap stuff.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : For now...
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (8-May) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (8-May) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Insane about Kingsley
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / beast

4-May / Packers Draft Threads / bboystyle

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.