nerdmann
8 months ago
[youtube]
https://www.youtube.com/live/Ijp8-G9goOQ?feature=share 
[/youtube]
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
nerdmann
8 months ago

“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
nerdmann
8 months ago
[youtube]
https://www.youtube.com/live/tFpNiqCoFS0?feature=share 
[/youtube]
8 months ago
Mr. Nerdmann, 
While I greatly appreciate the effort, videos of guys speaking into the camera for 20 minutes without video is relatively worthless to me.  If someone is doing a video, then show some game video for goodness sakes.
If all they are going to do is talk, they should simply use talk to text and put their comment in writing.  We could read their thoughts in about 20% of the time it takes to listen.
Perhaps something more along the lines of this article  https://packerswire.usatoday.com/lists/highlighting-3-impressive-plays-from-jordan-loves-td-drive-vs-patriots/ 

Go Packers!!!!
nerdmann
8 months ago
If they do that, I'll post it. Make us a good video, and put it on here.
beast
8 months ago

Mr. Nerdmann, While I greatly appreciate the effort, videos of guys speaking into the camera for 20 minutes without video is relatively worthless to me.  If someone is doing a video, then show some game video for goodness sakes.If all they are going to do is talk, they should simply use talk to text and put their comment in writing.  We could read their thoughts in about 20% of the time it takes to listen.Perhaps something more along the lines of this article  https://packerswire.usatoday.com/lists/highlighting-3-impressive-plays-from-jordan-loves-td-drive-vs-patriots/  

Originally Posted by: Martha Careful 

I agree with your point, which is why I don't have much use for podcasts in general, and these videos over 15 minutes are just too long and too repetitive, get to the point already.

That being said, they can't use video of the game without NFL permission, and you can't get that unless you're willing to pay ESPN type prices, and ESPN themselves are losing money. So actually footage of the game is out of financial question.

Everyone is going to the podcast models... why? Because that is where the money is, specifically the advertising money. As advising off of articles pays less than video, and so all the money takes you back to needing to use videos if you want to make your money.

I prefer this guy's (posted below) as it least he sums it up to less than 15 mins instead of the 20+ video ones

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

UserPostedImage
8 months ago
“Brevitas magna eloquentiae” …Brevity is a great charm of eloquence.

Marcus Tullius Cicero

Go Packers!!!!
Mucky Tundra
8 months ago

Mr. Nerdmann, 
While I greatly appreciate the effort, videos of guys speaking into the camera for 20 minutes without video is relatively worthless to me.  If someone is doing a video, then show some game video for goodness sakes.
If all they are going to do is talk, they should simply use talk to text and put their comment in writing.  We could read their thoughts in about 20% of the time it takes to listen.
Perhaps something more along the lines of this article  https://packerswire.usatoday.com/lists/highlighting-3-impressive-plays-from-jordan-loves-td-drive-vs-patriots/ 

I find the trick is to play the video while looking at other stuff online and using it as background noise.

“Brevitas magna eloquentiae” …Brevity is a great charm of eloquence.

Marcus Tullius Cicero

Does that make nerd Publius Clodius Pulcher? 

Green Bay Packers vs New England Patriots FULL GAME HIGHLIGHTS 
-I've been done with Myers at C since Family Night and yet the team looks determined to give him as many chances as possible. Yeah Love might have not been entirely ready but it seems like botched snaps happen with Myers regardless of whos QB and in game or not. 
-The starting OT pair played really well. ZT was a brick wall once again while Rasheed Walker seems to be zooming up the depth chart and earning coaches trust. Walker playing well is also beneficial as Green Bay will likely part ways with Bakh+Nijman next offseason. 
-Whalen had two punts on the night to O'Donnell's one. Both of Whalens punts came while GB was around midfield which suggests they wanted to see him work on getting the ball inside the 20 (which he did both times). I wouldn't be surprised if they stash Whalen on the PS this year and move on from O'Donnell after the season. 
-Toure took some PRs this game. Despite glowing reviews (many of which were unprompted) this offseason from the coaching staff, Toure hasn't played with the #1s much this preseason and has seemingly taken a backseat to new guys Heath and DuBose even after playing well with the #2s last week vs Cincinnati. 
-Hell of a play by Doubs on the sideline catch
-One area of concern for Love is his deepball. Still getting a lot of air under them. 
-On the other hand, Love had some absolute darts this game
-Dillon with another week of decisive, north-south running
-LVN played better this week I think. Always moving towards the ball and he can move pretty well for his size. Can see how raw he is, so he's gonna have to get by this year on scripted stunts and hustle/2nd effort plays.
-Engarbare with a hell of a night. With a healthy Gary, Enagbare looking like a killer depth Edge guy. Credit to Gutey for pouring some serious resources into the OLB/Edge position since he took over.
-Emanuel Wilson with another solid week of running and showing off some pass catching. If the coaches think they can work on his pass pro and ST, then he's gonna be hard cut. Runs with speed and a little bit of power and just looks like a NFL RB. 
-In a similar vein, it's gonna be hard to keep Malik Heath off the roster. Between making catches, throwing blocks and ST, I think Heath is gonna be the #6 WR.
-#2 Oline played pretty well overall. Rhyan seemed to be moving guys well in the run game and neither Newman or Hanson looked terrible.
-If anyone says that Clifford should be starting over Love after this game, then they clearly didn't watch the game. While Clifford showed his upside last week, this week showed the opposite. While he threw no INTs, a lot of his passes were leading guys into traffic and/or going up high with defenders around for a hit. I'd rather our young and promising WR room not end up in the hospital.
-Alex McGough didn't play at all, most likely signaling the beginning of the end of his tenure on the roster. 
-Carrington Valentine had a real up and down night. Called for some penalties and gave up some big catches but also had some sticky coverage.
-Shemar Jones-Charles probably played his way off the roster. Multiple penalties and hasn't shown much the past couple of years
-Another game of Colby Wooden and Karl Brooks living in the backfield. 
-Another game of heavy stunt usage with guys like Wooden, Brooks, LVN etc.
-Anthony Johnson played better this week compared to his game vs Cincinnati and logged a decent number of snaps on ST which has him trending up on the roster.
-Carlson absolutely crushed his FG attempt. Had the distance with plenty to spare.
-Cox seemed like he was always around or in the QBs face
-I think GB carries 6 OLB on the roster this year. I don't think they can risk trying to sneak Cox onto the PS. Maybe Hollins gets cut when Gary is fully healthy. 
-Newman and Rhyan came in at LG and RG respectively before switching at some point. Probably only one roster spot for the two of them.
-Sucks that the game ended the way it did. I wanted to see them put it into the end zone so the young guys could get some end game situational snaps in (get a score, get a defensive stop and run the clock out on offense) but I agree with the stoppage.

Twitter Roundup 

Less serious stuff

“Nah. I like having the island. It’s pretty cool...not too many visitors”
UserPostedImage
"I’ve got it." -Aaron Rodgers
nerdmann
8 months ago

I find the trick is to play the video while looking at other stuff online and using it as background noise.

Does that make nerd Publius Clodius Pulcher? 

Green Bay Packers vs New England Patriots FULL GAME HIGHLIGHTS 
-I've been done with Myers at C since Family Night and yet the team looks determined to give him as many chances as possible. Yeah Love might have not been entirely ready but it seems like botched snaps happen with Myers regardless of whos QB and in game or not. 
-The starting OT pair played really well. ZT was a brick wall once again while Rasheed Walker seems to be zooming up the depth chart and earning coaches trust. Walker playing well is also beneficial as Green Bay will likely part ways with Bakh+Nijman next offseason. 
-Whalen had two punts on the night to O'Donnell's one. Both of Whalens punts came while GB was around midfield which suggests they wanted to see him work on getting the ball inside the 20 (which he did both times). I wouldn't be surprised if they stash Whalen on the PS this year and move on from O'Donnell after the season. 
-Toure took some PRs this game. Despite glowing reviews (many of which were unprompted) this offseason from the coaching staff, Toure hasn't played with the #1s much this preseason and has seemingly taken a backseat to new guys Heath and DuBose even after playing well with the #2s last week vs Cincinnati. 
-Hell of a play by Doubs on the sideline catch
-One area of concern for Love is his deepball. Still getting a lot of air under them. 
-On the other hand, Love had some absolute darts this game
-Dillon with another week of decisive, north-south running
-LVN played better this week I think. Always moving towards the ball and he can move pretty well for his size. Can see how raw he is, so he's gonna have to get by this year on scripted stunts and hustle/2nd effort plays.
-Engarbare with a hell of a night. With a healthy Gary, Enagbare looking like a killer depth Edge guy. Credit to Gutey for pouring some serious resources into the OLB/Edge position since he took over.
-Emanuel Wilson with another solid week of running and showing off some pass catching. If the coaches think they can work on his pass pro and ST, then he's gonna be hard cut. Runs with speed and a little bit of power and just looks like a NFL RB. 
-In a similar vein, it's gonna be hard to keep Malik Heath off the roster. Between making catches, throwing blocks and ST, I think Heath is gonna be the #6 WR.
-#2 Oline played pretty well overall. Rhyan seemed to be moving guys well in the run game and neither Newman or Hanson looked terrible.
-If anyone says that Clifford should be starting over Love after this game, then they clearly didn't watch the game. While Clifford showed his upside last week, this week showed the opposite. While he threw no INTs, a lot of his passes were leading guys into traffic and/or going up high with defenders around for a hit. I'd rather our young and promising WR room not end up in the hospital.
-Alex McGough didn't play at all, most likely signaling the beginning of the end of his tenure on the roster. 
-Carrington Valentine had a real up and down night. Called for some penalties and gave up some big catches but also had some sticky coverage.
-Shemar Jones-Charles probably played his way off the roster. Multiple penalties and hasn't shown much the past couple of years
-Another game of Colby Wooden and Karl Brooks living in the backfield. 
-Another game of heavy stunt usage with guys like Wooden, Brooks, LVN etc.
-Anthony Johnson played better this week compared to his game vs Cincinnati and logged a decent number of snaps on ST which has him trending up on the roster.
-Carlson absolutely crushed his FG attempt. Had the distance with plenty to spare.
-Cox seemed like he was always around or in the QBs face
-I think GB carries 6 OLB on the roster this year. I don't think they can risk trying to sneak Cox onto the PS. Maybe Hollins gets cut when Gary is fully healthy. 
-Newman and Rhyan came in at LG and RG respectively before switching at some point. Probably only one roster spot for the two of them.
-Sucks that the game ended the way it did. I wanted to see them put it into the end zone so the young guys could get some end game situational snaps in (get a score, get a defensive stop and run the clock out on offense) but I agree with the stoppage.

Twitter Roundup 

Less serious stuff

Originally Posted by: Mucky Tundra 

Now that's a post! 👍
Zero2Cool
8 months ago
Nice collection there Mucky.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Martha Careful (10-May) : 1. this is true of all our linemen. 2. His run block is fine. 3. If all OL played like he has, we would win SB.
beast (10-May) : Meyers pass blocking is really good, his run blocking is really not.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : Packers have claimed DE Spencer Waege off of waivers from the 49ers and waived DT Rodney Mathews.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : And the OL protections seem to be good.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : I really don't know lol. I don't see him getting blown up.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : -3 buwahhhahaaha
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : 4th
Zero2Cool (9-May) : because he's 1st
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : Myers isn't even the 3rd best C on the roster atm
Martha Careful (9-May) : I am not sure I understand the Myers hate. He was consistently our third best lineman. RG and LT were worse.
beast (9-May) : Just saying I don't think moving Myers would help Myers.
beast (9-May) : Center is usually considered the easiest position physically if you can handle the snap stuff.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : For now...
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (8-May) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (8-May) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

11-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

9-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.