Pack93z
14 years ago

Oh, and they still have Colledge as guard. I guess they're not seeing what you're seeing, Pack93.

"Rockmolder" wrote:

Yes.. guess not.. but it is early yet.

I hope he makes a marked improvement if they keep him inside.. if not, they are wasting a natural talent IMO.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
bozz_2006
14 years ago
they've said over and over that he's going to stay there. McCarthy has said recently, around draft time I think, that Colledge will be starting Guard.
UserPostedImage
Pack93z
14 years ago

they've said over and over that he's going to stay there. McCarthy has said recently, around draft time I think, that Colledge will be starting Guard.

"bozz_2006" wrote:

Doesn't mean I have to agree with ti.. :lol:
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
bozz_2006
14 years ago
me neither.
UserPostedImage
wils0646
14 years ago

Defense is bringing it now that they're getting more exotic with pressures. Bob Sanders don't live no mo

Haha, Badard.
The Pack Will Be Back.
all_about_da_packers
14 years ago
lol Bedard.

Interesting to note Driver is missing. Woodson is a mild surprise, but it doesn't seem like it's strange he'd miss that considering past years.

I have wonder, does anyone else immediately think of "contract issue" when reading a player is missing. Besides Collins, when I read Driver and Woodson were no shows, I immediately felt a touch of dread that it was over dissatisfaction over their contracts. :-?

Perhaps all the recent talk about new contracts, and hold outs aimed at getting new contracts have taken their toll.
The NFL: Where Greg Jennings Happens.
14 years ago
I have to imagine it will only help our O-line to see multiple pressure looks throughout OTAs and training camp.
UserPostedImage
blueleopard
14 years ago
Driver has signed like three extensions in two years. If he was unhappy with his money, he wouldn't be signing anything.

Woodson is one of the highest paid players on this football team.

Their contracts shouldn't be an issue.

And Thompson is probably playing on the first team because Clay Matthews, for an unknown reason, is not practicing.
Danreb Victorio A Believer of Greg Jennings
Pack93z
14 years ago
A little testy with the attendance think I... pretty sure Harrell was given "the talk" about make or break in GB.

Sourcy.... 

Practice over; McCarthy up next
Today's OTA practice has ended. If you missed it so far -- are you in a cave? -- check out my updates on Twitter. I'll post an expanded report in a bit.

For now, I might as well repost the roll call here ...

Absent: Nick Collins, Donald Driver, Charles Woodson, Nick Barnett, Tyrell Sutton, Brandon Underwood, Travis Dekker.

Limited or did not participate: Alfred Malone, Atari Bigby, Cullen Jenkins, Breno Giacomini, Clay Matthews, Chad Clifton, Scott Wells, Lorne Sam, Brad Jones.

Coach Mike McCarthy will be at the podium shortly. Refresh here for updates.

UPDATE: Here we go ...

* Attendance: Ten players that did not participate because of medical veterans, including seven veterans. Three younger players: Sam (abdominal strain), Matthews (hamstring strain), Jones (slight groin strain). Jones did not participate on Wednesday either. Absentees include Driver, Woodson, Collins. Doesn't want to address personal/professional stuff. Sutton and Underwood absent for school. Dekker has been placed on reserve/military.

* On Jenkins: Had some work on ankle. "He's close." Probably will be back for training camp, maybe end of OTAs.

* On Clifton: Not concerned about those guys. Wells shoulder, Barnett has personal situation plus knee but is "doing very well", Giacomini is ankle and "very close."

* How does Kampman look? "I think this defense is going to help Aaron Kampman." Always hesistancy when asked to do something different. First and second down different. Moves well in space, spent lot of individual time with Kevin Greene. Greene and Capers feel good about where Kampman is at.

* On Harrell: Thinks he fits well. Will play defensive end, also inside player in subpackages. "My expectations for Justin are to stay healthy."

* How important for Justin Harrell to be here and going through OTAs? "It's very important. It's an opportunity to improve."

* Compare/contrast where are with Aaron Rodgers vs. a year ago? "I just think Aaron Rodgers today has more credibility with his teammates and probably with the media and the fanbase." No one who watched practice every day questioned Rodgers' ability. Can build on consistency showed as first-year starter. "He's had an excellent offseason. It's been to watch him" go through QB school with Brian Brohm and Matt Flynn.

* Content with three quarterbacks, or thinking about four? Not thinking about a fourth. Danger of not having a No. 4 is not having extra arm. But there are more reps to go around with only three.

* Overall impressions of practice today: Tempo was very good. Had plus-7, plus-8 (minutes). Defense had 22 mental errors on Wednesday and offense had nine -- but that happens. "I think the overall work that we've done has been good." This time of year is getting all 80 players on the same page.

* Short of Mark Tauscher coming back, right tackle going to be inexperienced. What think of options? Positive of offensive line group is have had number of players play 2-3 positions.

* What went into decision to open center position? "There's nothing like competition. Scott Wells has been a very good starter for us." Fighting through injuries. It's a product of offensive line with depth, which has increased in recent years.

* Tramon Williams unsigned but practicing. What tell about him? "I can't say enough about him. He works every day, always has a smile on his face. He's a very gifted young man. ... I think he's got big days in front of him." Respects how Williams goes about business and have told him so.

* Expect to have Woodson, Driver, Collins next week? Done with addressing attendance.

* Happy with 3-4 transition so far? "Absolutely." Change he felt needed to be made. Players can be more aggressive, play with more vision.

* Breaking defensive players' habits key? "New techniques, new language."

* Where gauge B.J. Raji in terms of football IQ? "I think he's well-coached." Picks up things well. Communicates well. Been impressed with Raji so far.

earthquake
14 years ago
Matthews had a minor injury. (so says JSO)

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/46389442.html 

McCarthy on start of OTAs
By Greg A. Bedard of the Journal Sentinel
May. 28, 2009 1:22 p.m.

Green Bay - The locker room will be open at the same time that Mike McCarthy is speaking so I'm only going to listen to McCarthy for a few minutes to get the news. I'll be back later for a full recap on what he had to say.

He will start in a few minutes:

* Seven veterans not participating because of injuries or whatever.
* Lorne Sam (abdominal strain), Clay Matthews (hamstring strain) and Brad Jones (groin) were out with minor injuries.
* Cullen Jenkins is close put will probably be out until training camp.
* Not concerned about any of the veterans with injuries being out. They're making good progress.
* Driver, Woodson and Collins were not here and McCarthy didn't offer more of a comment.
* On Justin Harrell: I think Justin fits well. Will definitely play end. Has to be healthy.
* Thought tempo was good at practice. Guys are in shape.
* 22 mental errors yesterday for the defense.

blank
Fan Shout
dhazer (4h) : wow the last 2 picks are really stupid and probably will be special teams players Top 10 draft pick next year book it
TheKanataThrilla (5h) : I think he ended up with a terrible RAS score
dhazer (5h) : Anyone know what went on with Kitchens from Florida? At 1 point he was to be the Packers 1st round and he is way down the board now
Martha Careful (21h) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Flag?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Sag?
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : It rhymes with "bag."
beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
beast (25-Apr) : 49ers are Cap Tight
beast (25-Apr) : Fuck
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : Kanata, I will be when I'm on my lunch later
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Love you NSD
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Huh. I guess the F-word is censored in this fan shout.
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Anyone who doesn't hang out in the chat probably smokes pole.
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : GoPackGo Thinking CB is the pick tonight
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Anyone hanging out in the chat tonight?
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : whoa...49ers have had trade conversations about both Deebo Samuel and Brandon Aiyuk
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : I hope they take a Punter at 9th overall. Be bold!
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I may end up eating those words but I think they need a lot more talent then their 4 picks can provide
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I really hope they stand pat and Draft a WR
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : @DMRussini
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : The Chicago Bears are very open for business at 9 and telling teams they are ready to move for the right price, per source
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend Penei Soul 4yrs - 112mil
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend St. Brown 4 years 120mil and
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : Now look, trading up to 13 to take a TE might not seem like a good idea later but it will be later!
dfosterf (24-Apr) : (Your trade up mock post)
dfosterf (24-Apr) : Mucky- The only thing fun to watch would be me flipping the f out if Gute goes up to 13 and grabs Brock Bowers, lol
beast (24-Apr) : DT Byron Murphy II, Texas... whom some believe is the next Aaron Donald (or the closest thing to Donald)
Zero2Cool (24-Apr) : What? And who?
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : *sad Mucky noises*
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : @JoeJHoyt Murphy said he’s been told he won’t slide past pick No. 16.
wpr (23-Apr) : Just about time to watch Sonny Weaver stick it to the seahags. I never get tired of it.
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : *game plan
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : IMHO, not even close. He is not a guy you game play around.
Mucky Tundra (23-Apr) : is Aiyuk worth a 1st rounder?
Zero2Cool (23-Apr) : 49ers are seeking a 1st round pick in exchange for WR Brandon Aiyuk
Mucky Tundra (22-Apr) : Based on Gutes comments, now I don't feel as silly having 13 picks in my mock the other day
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Zach Wilson to Broncos.
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Gutekunst says he'd love to have 13 or 14 picks. He's trading back huh lol
beast (22-Apr) : Someday we'll have a draft betting scandal
beast (21-Apr) : Sometimes looking extremely amazing, sometimes looking extremely lost
beast (21-Apr) : I haven't looked into the QBs, but some have suggested Maye has some of the most extremely inconsistent tape they've seen
beast (21-Apr) : Well it also sounds like Patriots are listening to trade offers, not that seriously considering any, but listening means they aren't locked
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Maye needs to be AFC
Mucky Tundra (21-Apr) : Not liking the idea of the Vikings getting Maye
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Vikings HC joked that he may or may not have sent flowers to Bob Kraft. That's where rumor came from.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
25m / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Nonstopdrivel

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

21h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

26-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

26-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Nonstopdrivel

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.