doddpower
14 years ago

I drafted in June last year. I thought it'd add a sense of realism, as you don't have control over injurys in RL either.

I still don't mind it. Having seen pre-season performances does help though. I had David Garrard, Braylone Edwards etc. in my team last year. They where high draft picks and failed me big time.

Anyway, I suggest that we find out when everyone here wants to get into a league, find a good time to draft and see how many guys want to join us.

"Rockmolder" wrote:

Yeah, but fantasy ball is about fun! I'd hate to have my number one draft pick or so injured all year from pre-season just for a sense of "realism."

I usually play in like 5-6 leagues, so I might play in one league that drafts that early, but it probably wouldn't be my "main" one.
El3ment12
14 years ago
Damn I would join but I don't wanna draft now. it seems to early
Nonstopdrivel
14 years ago
I love fantasy football, but this is just too early to draft, in my opinion. There are too many possibilities of injury, roster cuts, etc. that can arise between now and September.

Of course, I had a draft on the last possible day last year and guess who my No. 1 was?

Tom Brady, naturally.
UserPostedImage
doddpower
14 years ago

I love fantasy football, but this is just too early to draft, in my opinion. There are too many possibilities of injury, roster cuts, etc. that can arise between now and September.

Of course, I had a draft on the last possible day last year and guess who my No. 1 was?

Tom Brady, naturally.

"Nonstopdrivel" wrote:

haha, Brady was my #1 overall pick for my main league last year as well. I didn't really want to, but I mean, how could you not really? The guy was fantasy the gold the year before! Lucky for me, I was able to steal Rodger's in like the 4th round as a backup and he carried me all year. I lost in the conference round, but it was a fluke. Oh well!
14 years ago
I'm not a big fan of fantasy football. I'll be in the sports bar watching a game and somebody is always wishing a player a good performance against the Packers. Their only reason is they have a player on their fantasy football team.

I really don't like the fantasy football player's view on league play. They care only about fantasy team instead of what helps the Packers in playoff positioning. Their loyalties are all screwed up.

When some jerk hopes a Packer/viking game is a low scoring one because the jerk pick the viking defense in his fantasy draft it takes a lot of discipline to not commit an act of violence against the jerk.

This fall if I'm watching the 49'er game and some alleged Packer fan says "I want the Packers to win but Frank Gore to have a great game against them, because he is on my fantasy team." I'll kick his little fantasy butt into next week.

My loyalties are to the Packers and not some temporary fantasy team.

I wish "fantasy" players would shut up about "their team" because no other person in he world cares who is on your fantasy team. It is just bad etiquette.
blank
Nonstopdrivel
14 years ago
CaliforniaCheez, I don't take fantasy football seriously enough to wish an individual's performance over the Packers' performance. Besides, I always am involved in more than one league and I draft at least one all-Packers team, which means my fortunes in that league rise or fall with the Packers', and I get absolutely murdered on bye weeks.

I saw on ESPN a few weeks ago that Aaron Rodgers was the No. 1 fantasy-points earner in the league last year. I found that fascinating, since he wasn't ranked No. 1 in any one category. I guess it just goes to show that having the overall package is the most important thing.
UserPostedImage
doddpower
14 years ago

I'm not a big fan of fantasy football. I'll be in the sports bar watching a game and somebody is always wishing a player a good performance against the Packers. Their only reason is they have a player on their fantasy football team.

I really don't like the fantasy football player's view on league play. They care only about fantasy team instead of what helps the Packers in playoff positioning. Their loyalties are all screwed up.

When some jerk hopes a Packer/viking game is a low scoring one because the jerk pick the viking defense in his fantasy draft it takes a lot of discipline to not commit an act of violence against the jerk.

This fall if I'm watching the 49'er game and some alleged Packer fan says "I want the Packers to win but Frank Gore to have a great game against them, because he is on my fantasy team." I'll kick his little fantasy butt into next week.

My loyalties are to the Packers and not some temporary fantasy team.

I wish "fantasy" players would shut up about "their team" because no other person in he world cares who is on your fantasy team. It is just bad etiquette.

"CaliforniaCheez" wrote:

haha, you're angry!

Of course my "loyalties" are with the Packers. Hell, that's usually why I try to draft Aaron Rodger's, Greg Jennings or Donald Driver, Packer's Defense, etc. etc. It's just an extra little thing to make Packer football even MORE fun.

As for other players, I'll gladly lose fantasy points for the Packers to crush their opponents any day of the week. But if the Packers aren't involved I'm going to be rooting for my fantasy team. It makes otherwise potentially boring games a ton of fun sometimes. I mean, after all, it's just a game. Don't take things so personally, geez! Always calling someone an idiot, jerks, or something! Just relax a bit!

:profileright: :profileright: :profileright:
Rockmolder
14 years ago
Good to know. I just drafted him in a fantasy league.

Anyway, I don't know what all the hatred against FF players is about. I just love to see the Packers win way more than I want to see my fantasy team win, but when I hear someone say that they want their team to win, yet, want their opponents RB to put up big numbers, I have no problem with that.

I had AP on my team last year and with our horrible defense against the run, I was hoping we would win on our pass defense and offense to win while Peterson put up some decent numbers. Still, it felt like a stab in the hearth when he made that last TD in the second game.
IronMan
14 years ago

Just relax a bit!

"doddpower" wrote:

I agree. Simma down now!  
TengoJuego
14 years ago
Waaay too early. I like drafting in August. Don't we have a fantasy league here on PH?
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (4h) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (8h) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (11h) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (13h) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (14h) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Insane about Kingsley
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
dfosterf (28-Apr) : We got Peter Bowde
dfosterf (28-Apr) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
dfosterf (28-Apr) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
beast (28-Apr) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (28-Apr) : damn those vikings
beast (27-Apr) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (27-Apr) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (27-Apr) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
beast (27-Apr) : OL – Donovan Jennings, USF OT – Trente Jones, Michigan
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : Interesting draft. A bit shocked that we didn't select an early CB. Definitely have Safety help. Pretty happy overall.
dhazer (27-Apr) : wow the last 2 picks are really stupid and probably will be special teams players Top 10 draft pick next year book it
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : I think he ended up with a terrible RAS score
dhazer (27-Apr) : Anyone know what went on with Kitchens from Florida? At 1 point he was to be the Packers 1st round and he is way down the board now
Martha Careful (27-Apr) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Flag?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Sag?
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : It rhymes with "bag."
beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
beast (25-Apr) : 49ers are Cap Tight
beast (25-Apr) : Fuck
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : Kanata, I will be when I'm on my lunch later
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Love you NSD
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Huh. I guess the F-word is censored in this fan shout.
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Anyone who doesn't hang out in the chat probably smokes pole.
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : GoPackGo Thinking CB is the pick tonight
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Anyone hanging out in the chat tonight?
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : whoa...49ers have had trade conversations about both Deebo Samuel and Brandon Aiyuk
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

16h / Packers Draft Threads / dfosterf

30-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

29-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

29-Apr / Packers Draft Threads / Zero2Cool

29-Apr / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

28-Apr / Feedback, Suggestions and Issues / Zero2Cool

28-Apr / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

28-Apr / Packers Draft Threads / Martha Careful

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.