Pack93z
  • Pack93z
  • Select Member Topic Starter
14 years ago
And yes.. this is more boredom than anything.. and a slight pet peeve.

When Raji signs late today, it will all be for not.. lol.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
dfosterf
14 years ago
To my knowledge there have been no "out of slot" contracts signed.

I could be wrong, and would invite any examples anyone wishes to provide.

This is important, because if the reports about Crabtree are true...

As I have stated, it is MOST likely to impact the sign-ability of Raji in the slot just under him, more so than ANY OTHER first-round pick.

You are Raji's agent...

Do you tell him to sign now, or wait and see what happens with the pick that was behind you, with all the reports indicating that he is negotiating to get 3 slot $$$.

If you advise your client to sign, and that 10 pick gets a much better contract than you got your client, do you think that would impact your ability to get future clients?
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
14 years ago
It is an interesting situation dfosterf. But if Crabtree continues to insist on slot 3 money he will not be signed for a long time. If Raji's agent want him to hold out until after the Crabtree signing he could be waiting a very long time.
I do not see the possible arrogance of one player, who is not even your client, effecting the ability for agents to land new clients in the future.
Raji will not be held captive by Crabtree's negotiation. They will have the 6,7 & 8 slots above and the 11,12 & 13 slots below to use as guides.
UserPostedImage
dfosterf
14 years ago
WPR wrote:

Raji will not be held captive by Crabtree's negotiation. They will have the 6,7 & 8 slots above and the 11,12 & 13 slots below to use as guides.

If that was the case right now, there would be no problem.

Here is what is KNOWN about those slots:

6 slot Andre Smith unsigned

7 slot DHB-- 5 yrs 23.5 million guarantee value of contract undisclosed. The closest slot that we know the value of is the 5 slot (Sanchez) who got 28m guaranteed and a 60 MILLION dollar contract

8 slot Eugene Monroe unsigned

11 slot Aaron Maybin Unsigned

12 slot Moreno unsigned

13 slot Orakpo TERMS UNDISCLOSED

14,15,16 unsigned

17 TERMS UNDISCLOSED

18,19,20 unsigned

21 Mack 5 yrs rest of terms undisclosed.

Now how much do you pay him.

?

Training camp starts tomorrow.
dhazer
14 years ago
Redskins | Orakpo contract details
Comment (0) Tweet me!
Fri, 31 Jul 2009 01:42:09 -0700

Updating previous reports, Adam Schefter, of ESPN.com, reports the Washington Redskins deal with rookie LB Brian Orakpo is worth $20 million over five years, and it includes $12.1 million in guarantees.

Buccaneers | Freeman agrees to five-year deal
Comment (0) Tweet me!
Fri, 31 Jul 2009 01:37:01 -0700

ESPN.com's John Clayton reports the Tampa Bay Buccaneers have reached a five-year deal with rookie QB Josh Freeman, the team's first-round draft choice. The deal is worth $36 million, including $10.245 million in guarantees.

Rams | Contract update: J. Smith
Comment (0) Tweet me!
Thu, 30 Jul 2009 18:22:44 -0700

Jim Thomas, of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, reports St. Louis Rams OT Jason Smith signed a five-year deal that is worth just under $62 million if incentives are met. The contract includes $33 million in guaranteed money

and a little sad note not related to this

Packers | Simmons released
Comment (0) Tweet me!
Thu, 30 Jul 2009 18:13:24 -0700

The Green Bay Packers announced they have released WR Jamarko Simmons from the team.
Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂 (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
dfosterf
14 years ago

WPR wrote:

"dfosterf" wrote:

If that was the case right now, there would be no problem.

Here is what is KNOWN about those slots:

6 slot Andre Smith unsigned

7 slot DHB-- 5 yrs 23.5 million guarantee value of contract undisclosed. The closest slot that we know the value of is the 5 slot (Sanchez) who got 28m guaranteed and a 60 MILLION dollar contract

8 slot Eugene Monroe unsigned

11 slot Aaron Maybin Unsigned

12 slot Moreno unsigned

13 slot Orakpo [strike]TERMS UNDISCLOSED
[/strike] EDIT---Using Dhazes numbers 5yrs 20 mil 12.1 mil guaranteed

14,15,16 unsigned

17 [strike]TERMS UNDISCLOSED
[/strike] EDIT---Using Dhazes numbers 36mil 10.245 mil guaranteed

18,19,20 unsigned

21 Mack 5 yrs rest of terms undisclosed.

Now how much do you pay him.

?

Training camp starts tomorrow.

OK updating with Dhazes numbers -- FAIRLY DANGEROUS TO DO--see our arguments when he starts tacking 5mil PER year on every one of our signings, lol lol lol

Also, I will add 1 Stafford 6yrs 72 million 41.7 million guaranteed

We now have 2 Dhaze's numbers Jason Smith 5yrs 62 mil 33 mil guaranteed

SO...

If Crabtree is seeking something just under 5 yrs 62mil 33 mil guaranteed

...However much on drugs him and his agent might be...

Question remains the same...
dhazer
14 years ago
i got the numbers off kffl.com smartass lol

your lucky i feel sorry for you cuz your stuck out here in Steeler country :p

I'm tempted to head up to Latrobe tomorrow for the start of there camp, but i have to find a different car to drive. I don't think the packer pissing on the Steelers would go over very well there lol.
Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂 (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
14 years ago
dfosterf I know, I know. Raji may not be signed by the opening of camp. I am only saying that they (The player, his agent and the Packers organization) don't have to sit and wait on Crabtree to sign before they make their move.
UserPostedImage
Pack93z
  • Pack93z
  • Select Member Topic Starter
14 years ago

dfosterf I know, I know. Raji may not be signed by the opening of camp. I am only saying that they (The player, his agent and the Packers organization) don't have to sit and wait on Crabtree to sign before they make their move.

"wpr" wrote:

That was the premise of the whole thread.. lol.. that we don't have to allow the market and timeline dictate the process to us.. we, as other clubs have shown, can be proactive and push the deals along.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
14 years ago

"pack93z" wrote:

That was the premise of the whole thread.. lol.. that we don't have to allow the market and timeline dictate the process to us.. we, as other clubs have shown, can be proactive and push the deals along.

"wpr" wrote:

See how smart I am ::roll: I figured that out.

I agree by the way. I wish GB was a little quicker on the draw when it come to getting their players signed. I wanted them all to be signed 1 week after the draft. I know it is not possible but it sure would be nice if it was.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (31m) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Insane about Kingsley
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
dfosterf (28-Apr) : We got Peter Bowde
dfosterf (28-Apr) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
dfosterf (28-Apr) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
beast (28-Apr) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (28-Apr) : damn those vikings
beast (27-Apr) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (27-Apr) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (27-Apr) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
beast (27-Apr) : OL – Donovan Jennings, USF OT – Trente Jones, Michigan
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : Interesting draft. A bit shocked that we didn't select an early CB. Definitely have Safety help. Pretty happy overall.
dhazer (27-Apr) : wow the last 2 picks are really stupid and probably will be special teams players Top 10 draft pick next year book it
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : I think he ended up with a terrible RAS score
dhazer (27-Apr) : Anyone know what went on with Kitchens from Florida? At 1 point he was to be the Packers 1st round and he is way down the board now
Martha Careful (27-Apr) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Flag?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Sag?
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : It rhymes with "bag."
beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
23h / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / beast

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / beast

4-May / Packers Draft Threads / bboystyle

4-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

3-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

3-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

3-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / go.pack.go.

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.