Cheesey
  • Cheesey
  • Preferred Member Topic Starter
14 years ago
Word got back to me that a few people here think I'm self centered.
I guess it's because i shared my Ozaukee Idol win and newspaper article with all of you. With what i went through in February, almost dying and all, i just thought it would be great to be able to share something GOOD that happened to me for a change, instead of something negative.
I KNOW that this way of feeling/thinking is only from a few people. I know from the responses I got on here that the majority were celebrating WITH me. As i would with them if something good happened to them. I was in no way trying to "brag". I just feel like the people here are like family to me, and would enjoy it WITH me.
Trippster was there in person, cheering me on. When i got home and listened to the tape my wife recorded, i can here Tripp saying "OH!!! He's got first place! He's gonna win it!" (The wording isn't exact, but pretty much like that) and that was just before my name was announced. When i was named as winner, and i heard Tripp say that on the tape, i started crying. Knowing that he was there sharing it, and saying that, really meant alot to me.
And to hear the wonderful words from all of you made the victory MUCH sweeter.
To have a couple of people TRY to ruin that won't work. I wish those people that feel that way would have the balls to say it directly to ME. Not slink behind my back. I have had that happen before, and i have no respect for people that talk behind my back. At least some people are consistant. I have learned that over the last several years.
To those that have been here to support me through good and bad, i love you guys (and gals!) YOU have helped get me through litterally life threatening times.
I will NOT let a few people ruin that.
Thank you again for the love and support i have recieved over my time here. And i mean that from my heart!!!
Alan (Cheesey)
UserPostedImage
Rockmolder
14 years ago
I love just about every post you make. You do post more about yourself than most on here, but I applaud that. We really got to know you and it's not like you have been bragging or something.

I can't imagine anyone having any problems with your posts, but hey, there's always someone who won't like the way you act, look or go about your stuff.
Pack93z
14 years ago
Let that type of BS roll off your back Cheesey.. some just need to try and tear others down to their level. It is a shame that they feel that way and even worse if they can't talk directly to you about it.

You were sharing your experience and joy.. nothing wrong with that at all.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
Cheesey
  • Cheesey
14 years ago
Thank you guys!
Thats one thing i have always tried to be, an open book. Share the good and bad times. Being able to have something good happen to me, and being able to share that has been so much fun. I mean, so much bad stuff with my illness and all, it gets frustrating. To be able to let my "family" see something good happen was SO much fun for me.
The C.D. that i gave to Zero was a small "thank you" that i gave to him when he came down to set up the Wii that you guys got for me. Honestly, i didn't even KNOW that he could put it on the computer. And he asked me if it was ok if he did, and i figured why not?
I LOVE to sing. Before all this, i never thought i was any good. Believe me, i was more shocked to win then anyone. And really, in the big scheme, it's not a big deal. I mean, it's only a county wide singing contest. Not like i won "American Idol" or something.
UserPostedImage
TheEngineer
14 years ago
Self Centered?!?!

There's absolutely no universe in which a Cheesey-less Packers forum is a better place to be in.

We've shared your grief when you've had your heart operation and we're there to support you and revel in your Ozaukee Idol victory.

It would be selfish NOT to support one of our own, whether it's good news or bad.

You've always had awesome stories to tell and I hope that never changes.
blank
Formo
14 years ago
lol

The self-centered commentators just have a non-existing self-image and don't have the mental capacity to exercise empathy, only pity.

Alan, those are what I like to call, 'dream stealers'/critics. Criticism is the death garble of a non-achiever. And we all know that there has never been a statue erected for a critic. Let them be, they'll just suck you down with them.
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
IronMan
14 years ago

I will NOT let a few people ruin that.

"Cheesey" wrote:

Sweet. :thumbright:
4PackGirl
14 years ago
childish, ridiculous, & quite frankly sad. people like that we don't need in our lives. to those who did this, i hope that tearing people down gives you some sense of accomplishment. in reality, it just makes you an azzhole.
Cheesey
  • Cheesey
14 years ago
Once again.....thank you ALL for the love and support. I honestly can NOT understand why someone seems to enjoy starting this behind the back kind of crap, then gets some kind of enjoyment by saying this kind of thing behind my back to others.
Of course, some have a track record i guess.
It's my own fault........i should know better by how many times it has happened from one person towards me. Seems this person has had it out for me for a long time. Yet i keep forgiving and forgetting. That stops now though. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me a dozen times, I'm a dumbass, and you just keep taking advantage of my forgiving nature.

It took a long time, but i have learned a lesson.
Gonna put my "snake guards" on my boots. Don't want to get bit again!
LOLOLOL!!!
UserPostedImage
Packers_Finland
14 years ago
I think calling you self-centered is a load of crap. Also, I wouldn't even mind if you were self-centered.
This is a placeholder
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (14h) : Jan 4th gonna be rough with that start time lol
Zero2Cool (14h) : Packers schedule listed. Boom.
buckeyepackfan (19h) : Let the leaks begin. Colts @ Packers week 2, Vikings @ Packers week 4
Zero2Cool (14-May) : WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling to Bills
Zero2Cool (14-May) : Jets and Aaron Rodgers open up on Monday Night Football,
Zero2Cool (13-May) : $170 guaranteed. This might impact Jordan Love
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Lions are signing QB Jared Goff to a four-year, $212 million extension
Zero2Cool (13-May) : I know we moved on. That tidbit just makes me a touch happier.
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Sources spoke of many, many times last summer where Hackett called a play, then Rodgers changed it completely at the line
Martha Careful (10-May) : 1. this is true of all our linemen. 2. His run block is fine. 3. If all OL played like he has, we would win SB.
beast (10-May) : Meyers pass blocking is really good, his run blocking is really not.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : Packers have claimed DE Spencer Waege off of waivers from the 49ers and waived DT Rodney Mathews.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : And the OL protections seem to be good.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : I really don't know lol. I don't see him getting blown up.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : -3 buwahhhahaaha
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : 4th
Zero2Cool (9-May) : because he's 1st
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : Myers isn't even the 3rd best C on the roster atm
Martha Careful (9-May) : I am not sure I understand the Myers hate. He was consistently our third best lineman. RG and LT were worse.
beast (9-May) : Just saying I don't think moving Myers would help Myers.
beast (9-May) : Center is usually considered the easiest position physically if you can handle the snap stuff.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : For now...
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (8-May) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (8-May) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
Titans
Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
Jaguars
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
49ERS
Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
BEARS
Recent Topics
10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

15-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

13-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

13-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

12-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

11-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

9-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.