gopackers08
14 years ago
The NFC North this season is going to be one of toughest divisions in the NFL, with the exception of the Lions. Some people are saying the Vikings have the division locked up because of Favre now, but lets look at the facts...

Minnesota Vikings

Positives - The Vikings have aquired arguably one of the top 5 quarterbacks of all-time, have the best runningback in the NFL, and drafted a very talented WR Percy Harvin who has alot of potential. They also have one of the best, if not the best run defense in the NFL.

Negatives - Brett Favre is old, he is not what he was in his MVP days or for that matter last season. He's coming off surgery and he's playing with a team he truly hated for 15 years (on the field). He also has a losing record at the Metrodome. Kevin and Pat Williams may be suspended for the first 4 games of the season and without them their run defense drops tremendously.

Green Bay Packers

Positives - Nick Barnett, Atari Bigby, and Cullen Jenkins are all healthy and ready to get back on the field. Having Barnett and Jenkins improves their run defense dramatically, which was one of their downfalls last season. Their defense in their first two pre season games looks excellent. Aaron Rodgers has more experience as a professional quarterback and young receivers Jermichael Finley and James Jones are ready to step up. The Packers also drafted a very talented offensive lineman in T.J. Lang and signed free agent Duke Preston. Ryan Grant is actually playing in the offseason rather then worrying about his contract.

Negatives - The Packers are switching a new 3-4 defense which always takes time to get used to. No one knows if their offensive line is going to hold up when they play a team who likes to bring the pressure or if Ryan Grant will perform.

Chicago Bears

Positives - They acquired a young and very talented QB in Jay Cutler and also have Matt Forte who has alot of potential to be a star. Orlando Pace resigned for another three years and they still have a good defense.

Negatives - Jay Cutler has no WR's he can rely on when it matters the most. He never had a winning record in Denver and thats when he had Brandon Marshall, Eddie Royal, and Brandon Stokley. Will Matt Forte be another Anthony Thomas?

Detroit Lions

Positives - The Lions signed LB Julian Peterson who should help out alot on the defensive side. They drafted Matthew Stafford with their first pick and he's better then Daunte Culpepper.

Negatives - No one knows how good Matt Stafford will be, their offensive line is one of the worst if not the worst in the NFL, they have no defense and they have to play the Bears, Vikings, and Packers a total of six times.
blank
nyrpack
14 years ago
let the so called experts say what they want, because like it or not the pack is back and we will win the north at 11-5 !!
jimmy b.
Dulak
14 years ago

let the so called experts say what they want, because like it or not the pack is back and we will win the north at 11-5 !!

"nyrpack" wrote:

ya to tell you the truth the only team I am concenred about us faving is MN - and its not because of farve; its because or peterson and their D ... But hopefully our guys learned from last year how to beat it.

Run stoppage and to block those guys ...

Rest should be easy pickings for us. Still going to Love watching the games ... nothing like watching a packers/bears game. All my cousins are from IL and I know I will enjoy seeing them at christmas and saying how about dem packers 😉
vikesrule
14 years ago

.....the pack is back and we will win the north at 11-5 !!

"nyrpack" wrote:

eonfy*)msihrn >.......hiauiwrtjapjwin.......#zziduuebiw......

<5minutes later>

Excuse me, I had to replace my keyboard after reading nyrpack's comment.
Spewing my coffee all over it, took it out.

<wipes away tears of laughter>

Tell ya what nyrpack, I will award you your first applaud point for your amusingly outrageous sense of humor!

+1
gopackers08
14 years ago
So far it seems the Packers have adapted to the 3-4. However, we'll have to see if the ease they seem to be playing it will be a bit harder to keep up in the regular season.
blank
Packers_Finland
14 years ago
Adrian Peterson is not dominant enough to be called "best RB in the league". He may be that, but not without having a debate. Michael Turner is right up there with him.
This is a placeholder
Fan Shout
Martha Careful (10-May) : 1. this is true of all our linemen. 2. His run block is fine. 3. If all OL played like he has, we would win SB.
beast (10-May) : Meyers pass blocking is really good, his run blocking is really not.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : Packers have claimed DE Spencer Waege off of waivers from the 49ers and waived DT Rodney Mathews.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : And the OL protections seem to be good.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : I really don't know lol. I don't see him getting blown up.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : -3 buwahhhahaaha
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : 4th
Zero2Cool (9-May) : because he's 1st
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : Myers isn't even the 3rd best C on the roster atm
Martha Careful (9-May) : I am not sure I understand the Myers hate. He was consistently our third best lineman. RG and LT were worse.
beast (9-May) : Just saying I don't think moving Myers would help Myers.
beast (9-May) : Center is usually considered the easiest position physically if you can handle the snap stuff.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : For now...
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (8-May) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (8-May) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
20m / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

19h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

9-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.