Nonstopdrivel
14 years ago
Then we must have gone 4-0 when we went to the Super Bowl against Denver. I remember very vividly after the Packers won the final preseason game in 1999, Wayne Larrivee pointing out that the last time the Packers had gone 4-0 in the preseason, they'd gone to the Super Bowl, so perhaps this was a good omen. Of course, it was not to be.

I tried to verify this on NFL.com, but they don't maintain preseason statistics prior to 1999.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
14 years ago

Then we must have gone 4-0 when we went to the Super Bowl against Denver. I remember very vividly after the Packers won the final preseason game in 1999, Wayne Larrivee pointing out that the last time the Packers had gone 4-0 in the preseason, they'd gone to the Super Bowl, so perhaps this was a good omen. Of course, it was not to be.

I tried to verify this on NFL.com, but they don't maintain preseason statistics prior to 1999.

"Nonstopdrivel" wrote:

Incorrect again sir, we went 5 - 0 🙂
UserPostedImage
Nonstopdrivel
14 years ago
ZOMG, whatever-r-r-r-r!
UserPostedImage
14 years ago
hehehe.

I agree with Twinkiegorilla.

bozz_2006 wrote:

longtimefan
14 years ago
2008 preseason

Point avg D gave up per game 25

4 INT, NO FF at all
Zero2Cool
14 years ago

"Nonstopdrivel" wrote:

Wait a tick! You go to NFL.com to find things out about the Packers, instead, of, ummm, Packers.com? C'mon now!!! 🙂
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
14 years ago
If our starters looked awful, and we were 3-0 in the preseason, THEN i would worry. But they look great!
I think this will only be good. It brings up the team's confidence.

And here's another thing. All the preseason crap we were hearing about Kampman being mad about being moved to LB. You don't think that scoring his first TD as a pro has helped to make his position move alot better for him? I bet IF he was mad about the move, getting a taste of what he might be able to do in the regular season HAS to have him fired up now! Don't you all agree? I think he looked VERY happy! And Kevin Greene.......did you see how much emotion he showed when Kampman scored? Thats the kind of fire i want to see in our team! That seemed to be missing last year.
And these are games that "don't count", and yet our guys are out there giving 100%! How can that be bad? It shows that they want to win EVERY time they are on the field!
It has me VERY excited about the upcoming season!
UserPostedImage
Dulak
14 years ago

I'd much rather be 3-0 in the pre-season than 0-3, if the latter was the case people would be talking about another 6-10 season and how much they hate Ted Thompson.

"masseyattack" wrote:

I agree - people are talking about our domination this preseason rather then having Ted Thompson or Mike McCarthy head on a platter or about how our 1's suck.

If this means anything before the cards game the pack the odds for winning the SB were 1-34 now we are 1-26.
longtimefan
14 years ago
One of the announcers said he was talking to Woodson before the game and Woodson told him that the previous week he and Al wanted to stay in the game because they were HAVING FUN

Not sure if they could have said that last year
14 years ago
I'm not sure if anyone has posted this yet but this isn't just some normal preseason for the packers.

Over the off season the packers changed to the 3-4. We all know that it could take sometime. And from what i have seen this preseason the defense looks to be learning it quiet well. So this preseason was a great scale to let everyone know where the defense stands.

Some other notes we got too see this preseason that were question marks in the off season:

- A healthy packer team.

- The running game.

- O-line and D-line

- Rodgers second year as a starter.

I believe its not that the packers are playing too well. We are just seeing how good they can really be when healthy.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (14h) : WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling to Bills
Zero2Cool (14h) : Jets and Aaron Rodgers open up on Monday Night Football,
Zero2Cool (13-May) : $170 guaranteed. This might impact Jordan Love
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Lions are signing QB Jared Goff to a four-year, $212 million extension
Zero2Cool (13-May) : I know we moved on. That tidbit just makes me a touch happier.
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Sources spoke of many, many times last summer where Hackett called a play, then Rodgers changed it completely at the line
Martha Careful (10-May) : 1. this is true of all our linemen. 2. His run block is fine. 3. If all OL played like he has, we would win SB.
beast (10-May) : Meyers pass blocking is really good, his run blocking is really not.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : Packers have claimed DE Spencer Waege off of waivers from the 49ers and waived DT Rodney Mathews.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : And the OL protections seem to be good.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : I really don't know lol. I don't see him getting blown up.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : -3 buwahhhahaaha
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : 4th
Zero2Cool (9-May) : because he's 1st
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : Myers isn't even the 3rd best C on the roster atm
Martha Careful (9-May) : I am not sure I understand the Myers hate. He was consistently our third best lineman. RG and LT were worse.
beast (9-May) : Just saying I don't think moving Myers would help Myers.
beast (9-May) : Center is usually considered the easiest position physically if you can handle the snap stuff.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : For now...
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (8-May) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (8-May) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Recent Topics
1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

13-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

13-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

12-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

11-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

9-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.