masseyattack
14 years ago
I've done this the last couple of years for a UK based NFL site I'm active on, as I'm new here I thought I'd give it a go. Any comments are welcome.

Offense (24.5):

Quarterbacks (3): Rodgers, Flynn, Brohm
Wide receivers (5): Jennings, Driver, Jones, Nelson, Martin
Running backs (3): Grant, Jackson, Sutton
Fullbacks (2): Hall, Johnson
Tight ends (2.5): Lee, Finley, Havner
Offensive line (9): Clifton, Colledge, Spitz, Sitton, Barbre, Wells, Giacomini, Lang, Meredith

The quarterback and receiver groups take care of themselves. As for running back Sutton looks a good bet to make it over Wynn who's perpetually injured, if Jackson's injury is more serious than first thought I could see the Packers keeping 4 RBs, possibly at the expense of Underwood the corner who I have making the roster below, but my gut tells me only 3 will make it. One of the fullbacks has to miss out and it won't be 5th round pick Johnson, I'm guessing it'll be Kuhn. Havner is a two-way player at TE and LB, so he's worth keeping around, hence the half-point. As for the offensive line I hope the Packers finally cut ties with Moll and go with youth as Meredith and Lang won't make it through waivers.

Defense (25.5):

Defensive line (6): Raji, Pickett, Jenkins, Jolly, Wynn, Montgomery
Linebackers (8.5): Barnett, Hawk, Kampman, Poppinga, Thompson, Matthews, Bishop, Chillar,
Cornerbacks (6): Woodson, Harris, Williams, Blackmon, Lee, Underwood
Safeties: (5) Collins, Bigby, Smith, Rouse, Bush

I'm assuming Harrell is going to be put on injured reserve, and the rest of the D-line picks itself. Brad Jones is a tough cut at linebacker, it's probably between him and Underwood (CB) for the final roster spot (or if the Packers want to use it on offense, between Jones, Underwood and DeShawn Wynn), Jones has more chance of making it through waivers to the practice squad so I've cut him. The penalty prone Jarrett Bush gives the Packers depth at safety and corner so he stays, especially with the injuries to Lee, Blackmon, Underwood and Rouse. Obviously the Packers have the inside track on the injury situation, I wouldn't be surprised to see any of those four put on IR.

Special teams (3):

Kicker: Crosby
Punter: Kapinos
Long-snapper: Goode
blank
beast
14 years ago
I like the list masseyattack ... my latest list is a lot likes yours... I did two things differently....

I cut Havner and kept Kuhn. Yes Havner add STs but so does Kuhn so I say they're even on that put. Havner can play TE and LB but IMO not to well and I don't think Kuhn plays FB too well.... the difference for me is that Kuhn can be a FB or power RB in the red zone and he gives something that no one else can (other than FB Johnson but Johnson is very raw and I don't think is ready for game time yet)... but Kuhn adds something no one else (that's ready) can. Havner doesn't really add anything that Finley and Lee can't and Hall can also be a 3rd TE (though not to well but Havner isn't too well ether). Now that being said I realize that this probably won't happen but I see it as the best choice IMO.

The other move I did was I IRed Rouse and kept OLB Jones. Rouse even when on the field hasn't played well enough to earn a spot in my opinion and he's injured so why not IR him?

On my list I kept CB Lee and cut Lansanah... but I could also seeing Lee IRed and keeping Lansanah on the active 53 man roster.

But good list IMO masseyattack
UserPostedImage
Dulak
14 years ago
Nice list ...

my thoughts -

I have a feeling there will be a difference between what I want and what will happen.

- ie I want all 3 FBs to have a job; have a feeling well trade one or cut one
- I didnt like underwoods play; have a feeling he could be on our team
- Id like to get rid of rouse and peprah
- I like wynn over sutton ...
- Rather keep 3 FBs instead of havner; not that hes bad but like our FBs more
Kingdom22
14 years ago
Thought the rumors were that Wells will be traded to Seahawks? And Underwood is injury prone why keep him?
blank
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (9h) : WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling to Bills
Zero2Cool (9h) : Jets and Aaron Rodgers open up on Monday Night Football,
Zero2Cool (13-May) : $170 guaranteed. This might impact Jordan Love
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Lions are signing QB Jared Goff to a four-year, $212 million extension
Zero2Cool (13-May) : I know we moved on. That tidbit just makes me a touch happier.
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Sources spoke of many, many times last summer where Hackett called a play, then Rodgers changed it completely at the line
Martha Careful (10-May) : 1. this is true of all our linemen. 2. His run block is fine. 3. If all OL played like he has, we would win SB.
beast (10-May) : Meyers pass blocking is really good, his run blocking is really not.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : Packers have claimed DE Spencer Waege off of waivers from the 49ers and waived DT Rodney Mathews.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : And the OL protections seem to be good.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : I really don't know lol. I don't see him getting blown up.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : -3 buwahhhahaaha
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : 4th
Zero2Cool (9-May) : because he's 1st
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : Myers isn't even the 3rd best C on the roster atm
Martha Careful (9-May) : I am not sure I understand the Myers hate. He was consistently our third best lineman. RG and LT were worse.
beast (9-May) : Just saying I don't think moving Myers would help Myers.
beast (9-May) : Center is usually considered the easiest position physically if you can handle the snap stuff.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : For now...
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (8-May) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (8-May) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Recent Topics
4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

23h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

13-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

12-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

11-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

9-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.