all_about_da_packers
14 years ago

I'd like to see Rodgers light up the Vikings D as we know he can do. Force Vikings to throw to keep up.

"zombieslayer" wrote:

That, IMO is the key to the win.

If ever there was a game for our offense to come out of the gate rolling - this is it. We need to start fast, keep up the tempo, and put TDs on the board. Based on recent history though, I'm pessimistic this will happen. For someone reason we suck at the start of games and second halves.

Getting up early in the game will allow us to take the crowd out of it. Huge benefit when playing in the Metrodome.

If the Pack enter half time with a considerable lead (at least 2 TDs) then you're looking at a HC in Childress who has shown a propensity to go away from his best player. That must happen - don't just stop Peterson, but make it so the situation detracts from his usual carries. Peterson just seems to get stronger in the second half - best way to stop him is to have situations where All Day's touches are limited.
The NFL: Where Greg Jennings Happens.
dhazer
14 years ago
I have one key that noone has brought up, We need to win the special teams battle. HArvin is very dangerous on returns and guess what we have been prone to giving up big returns already this year. Crosby has to make all of his kicks.

Beside that people pretty much covered the rest.
Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂 (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
longtimefan
14 years ago

I have one key that noone has brought up, We need to win the special teams battle. HArvin is very dangerous on returns and guess what we have been prone to giving up big returns already this year. Crosby has to make all of his kicks.

Beside that people pretty much covered the rest.

"dhazer" wrote:

Yup GREAT point

I was going to say Crosby has to nail every FG and xp he gets
zombieslayer
14 years ago

Peterson just seems to get stronger in the second half - best way to stop him is to have situations where All Day's touches are limited.

"all_about_da_packers" wrote:

Exactly.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
istanbulpacker
14 years ago

Stop AP and give Rodgers the time to throw and/or make plays by running.

To me, it is as simple as that. Don't let Favre be a factor. I believe if AP is neutralized, Favre will make decisions to throw down the field which falls into the hands of our secondary.

Personaly, I think this will be a heck of a game and it will be a difficult one to win.

"obi1" wrote:

I said this in another thread. AP is the big threat here (or at least he has been for the first few games of the season). When he is neutralized, it will force [strike]Brett the Jet[/strike] ViQueen Favre to take the game on his shoulders. We all know how he gets when he gets the jitters (recall some of the early, pre-96 Cowgirls games down in Dallas). He wants to win this one bad and may put himself in questionable positions to try to make something happen. Then it is up to the awesome secondary to take advantage of those opportunities.

That being said, your other key point was giving A-Rod time. Sure, he has no INTs this year but that is b/c he's been sacked TWELVE TIMES! He is a heckuva QB but any good QB needs time to perform.
blank
obi1
14 years ago

Stop AP and give Rodgers the time to throw and/or make plays by running.

To me, it is as simple as that. Don't let Favre be a factor. I believe if AP is neutralized, Favre will make decisions to throw down the field which falls into the hands of our secondary.

Personaly, I think this will be a heck of a game and it will be a difficult one to win.

"istanbulpacker" wrote:

I said this in another thread. AP is the big threat here (or at least he has been for the first few games of the season). When he is neutralized, it will force [strike]Brett the Jet[/strike] ViQueen Favre to take the game on his shoulders. We all know how he gets when he gets the jitters (recall some of the early, pre-96 Cowgirls games down in Dallas). He wants to win this one bad and may put himself in questionable positions to try to make something happen. Then it is up to the awesome secondary to take advantage of those opportunities.

That being said, your other key point was giving A-Rod time. Sure, he has no INTs this year but that is b/c he's been sacked TWELVE TIMES! He is a heckuva QB but any good QB needs time to perform.

"obi1" wrote:

Yes. At this rate, Rodgers will be sacked somewhere around 64 times this season... SAD!
blank
Pack93z
14 years ago
Keys..

1. Pickett says it well..

Said Packers DT Ryan Pickett of the Vikings offense, "You stop [RB Adrian] Peterson, and that's their offense. Brett [Favre] is a great player, but they ride Adrian's back."

2. We absolutely must do two things well to make #1 happen, the outside linebackers must protect the edge well and the interior backers need to flow better in the traffic fray and stay in the running lanes.

I truly hope that Jolly, Jenkins, Pickett and Raji are ready to roll some long stretches this weekend.. they gotta help slow done the blockers from getting on Hawk, Barnett and Chillar, this isn't a group of interior backers that fight off blocks well.

2b. I hope to see a minimum of the 3-5 that we ran last weekend to try and take away the running attack of the Rams.. 5 Backers on the field.. Brett will expose that...

3. Brett likes to work the middle of the field, IMO, you make him throw over the defense to the edges of the field, giving these defensive backs some chances at a couple picks.

4. On Offense, we gotta handle the edges of the pass protection. Shocker I know, but Edwards and Allen can not be allowed to beat us.. force them to send people to get to Rodgers. The Vikings secondary, IMO, isn't the best tackling group.. force them to tackle well.

5. No matter how little the running game is gaining early in the game, we have to make sure that we stay with it and force the defensive line to at least look for the run. If not, it only gives the Ends an advantage against our questionable tackles at this point.

6. Rodgers has taken care of the ball extremely well this season, this will be a close hard fought game, this is even more of a priority this week. Brett will probably give us a couple chances.. we can't give them any.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
Wade
  • Wade
  • Veteran Member
14 years ago
IMO, the three keys to this game are:

They are GB's
1. RG.
2. C.
3. LG.

much has been said about the tackles, but this game gets decided inside. If Sitton/Spitz/Colledge or Sitton/Wells/Spitz can find a way to dominate, the Packers will run well and pass well enough. If they don't?

Well, it won't be pretty.

Next most important is how well Adrian Peterson does. But IMO that's a distant fourth.
And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
Cheesey
14 years ago
If we can get up on them early and take the game out of AP's hands, we have a good chance.
Of course thats a BIG if.
UserPostedImage
Tezzy
14 years ago

Now, I'd also argue to pass a lot. Not abandon the run completely, but come out swinging, then give Grant more carries as the game wears on. I'd like to see Rodgers light up the Vikings D as we know he can do. Force Vikings to throw to keep up.

"zombieslayer wrote:

Exactly, if we are really a WCO offense, then lets act like one. Lets dink and dunk the first half, control the game, then get an opportunity to lean on the defense the second half. I agree completely about Grant, we need to get the passing game going first and see if we can open up the running game as the game wears on.
On top of every beard grows a man.
"The Bears are shell-shocked... and it's breaking my heart."
Fan Shout
Mucky Tundra (21h) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Insane about Kingsley
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
dfosterf (28-Apr) : We got Peter Bowde
dfosterf (28-Apr) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
dfosterf (28-Apr) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
beast (28-Apr) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (28-Apr) : damn those vikings
beast (27-Apr) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (27-Apr) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (27-Apr) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
beast (27-Apr) : OL – Donovan Jennings, USF OT – Trente Jones, Michigan
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : Interesting draft. A bit shocked that we didn't select an early CB. Definitely have Safety help. Pretty happy overall.
dhazer (27-Apr) : wow the last 2 picks are really stupid and probably will be special teams players Top 10 draft pick next year book it
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : I think he ended up with a terrible RAS score
dhazer (27-Apr) : Anyone know what went on with Kitchens from Florida? At 1 point he was to be the Packers 1st round and he is way down the board now
Martha Careful (27-Apr) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Flag?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Sag?
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : It rhymes with "bag."
beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
34m / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

39m / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

48m / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

2h / Packers Draft Threads / beast

2h / Packers Draft Threads / beast

6h / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

6h / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

16h / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

16h / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

22h / Packers Draft Threads / bboystyle

4-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

3-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

3-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

3-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / go.pack.go.

2-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.