RedSoxExcel
14 years ago
Now that its done with, was that "that" big of a deal? Favre playing for the Vikings and even the worst case scenerio of him throwing for 250+ yards, 75%+ completion percentage and 3 TDs AGAINST the Packers AND winning?

So when the Vikings apprently offered 3 first rounds or 2 first rounders or even ONE first rounder, should we just have done it?

Lets say it is even one first rounder, that could have been a Percy Harvin.

Did we make a mistake last year by not taking the best offer on the table for Favre from the Vikings?

And what did the Bucs offer? Same as the Jets? Because likely if Favre goes to the Bucs, he stays there because of his man-love for Gruden and vice-versa and he never ends up on the Vikings in the first place.
blank
RedSoxExcel
14 years ago
I did some googling but cannot find the reported offer from the Vikings, all I can see is that the Packers were demanding three first rounders?
blank
PackFanWithTwins
14 years ago
Never heard of an offer from MN? I am sure Tampa didn't offer anymore for Brett than the Jets.

And as it goes. Never, ever, ever trade a player with Brett's skill to a division opponent.
The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
Cheesey
14 years ago
Nope. You never trade anyone that might have value to someone in your division, period.
UserPostedImage
Pack93z
14 years ago
Was it that big of a deal on the field... not to me, Brett did outplay Rodgers last night in my view, but looking at the protection issues, I think Rodgers did more with what he had.

But I can tell you one thing, I can see why everyone hated the media when playing Brett.. I was ready to puke listening to the gushing of the man.

Brought me back to watching Montana, towards the end, I absolutely hated the guy because the media dropped to their knees every freaking time.

I had grown tired of it being a Packer fan when he was here.. and last night sealed it. Great QB, but I absolutely cannot stand to listen to the announcers call the game. I was looking for Fosters hammer last night.

In conclusion, it was over hyped and I think we made a very sound decision for the long term of our franchise.. now we just have to fix his protection issues... and no I am not talking about his nightlife.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
14 years ago

Nope. You never trade anyone that might have value to someone in your division, period.

"Cheesey" wrote:

Exactly. +1 for being spot on.
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
14 years ago
I do not think MN offered GB anything significant. Not even one 1st rounder. Otherwise why would Brett have gone into his hissy fit and cried, "Please release me let me go."?
UserPostedImage
Pack93z
14 years ago
Sorry only read the first sentence of the original post.. No.. we did not error on not trading Favre to Minnesota..

Look what he has done for that team.. he has balanced that offense out.. something they have been lacking since AP arrived on the scene.

Did it suck that he played the retirement shell game again in order to get out of NY? Yes.. but it is what it is.

We did right in trying to deter him from playing with AP.. it didn't work in the long run, but we can't control everything.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
TexasPackerFan
14 years ago
Even with his turnovers Rodgers still kept us in the game late. He had almost no protection all night and still came up with some big plays. On the other side Favre grew a five oclock shadow back there last night in the pocket with all the time he had. If Lee hadn't dropped that TD pass and that bad PI call on Woodson was called the outcome probably would have been different. Even with our turnovers we still stayed in and made a great comeback! We held Peterson to 55 yds on 25 carries.

Our O-Line killed us last night Rodgers was going down left and right. However he showed how tough he really is and that he has the ability to scramble outside of the pocket and make some big plays. There's a lot of what ifs about this game but I'm not as disappointed/sad as most people think.
blank
porky88
14 years ago
I guess you can hold Thompson accountable for not being a psychic as well. :)

All things considered, I would've done the same thing he did. I would've dealt Favre to the Jets and made sure that he didn't get dealt to the Vikings. Favre and his agent did a nice job of getting their way out of New York and too Minnesota though. Props to Bus Cook for being a good agent. I think he's a snake that pour gasoline on the fire of an already burning relationship between Favre and the Packers' front office, but he is a good agent.

There absolutely was no offer of three, two, or any first round picks for Favre. I don't believe the teams even spoke to one another.
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (6h) : Jan 4th gonna be rough with that start time lol
Zero2Cool (6h) : Packers schedule listed. Boom.
buckeyepackfan (12h) : Let the leaks begin. Colts @ Packers week 2, Vikings @ Packers week 4
Zero2Cool (14-May) : WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling to Bills
Zero2Cool (14-May) : Jets and Aaron Rodgers open up on Monday Night Football,
Zero2Cool (13-May) : $170 guaranteed. This might impact Jordan Love
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Lions are signing QB Jared Goff to a four-year, $212 million extension
Zero2Cool (13-May) : I know we moved on. That tidbit just makes me a touch happier.
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Sources spoke of many, many times last summer where Hackett called a play, then Rodgers changed it completely at the line
Martha Careful (10-May) : 1. this is true of all our linemen. 2. His run block is fine. 3. If all OL played like he has, we would win SB.
beast (10-May) : Meyers pass blocking is really good, his run blocking is really not.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : Packers have claimed DE Spencer Waege off of waivers from the 49ers and waived DT Rodney Mathews.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : And the OL protections seem to be good.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : I really don't know lol. I don't see him getting blown up.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : -3 buwahhhahaaha
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : 4th
Zero2Cool (9-May) : because he's 1st
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : Myers isn't even the 3rd best C on the roster atm
Martha Careful (9-May) : I am not sure I understand the Myers hate. He was consistently our third best lineman. RG and LT were worse.
beast (9-May) : Just saying I don't think moving Myers would help Myers.
beast (9-May) : Center is usually considered the easiest position physically if you can handle the snap stuff.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : For now...
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (8-May) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (8-May) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
Titans
Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
Jaguars
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
49ERS
Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
BEARS
Recent Topics
2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

15-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

13-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

13-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

12-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

11-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

9-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.