Zero2Cool
14 years ago
Click HERE   to read it.

Interesting stuff.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
14 years ago

(Are you happy with the pressure you're getting on the quarterback?)
Once again, football, and God bless the video games, but just because you dial pressure doesn't mean you win the down. Football is always going to be about fundamentals, whether you have a pressure call or a coverage call, whether you throw the ball or run the ball.

God bless those Video Games!!
UserPostedImage
Tezzy
14 years ago

(Are you happy with the pressure you're getting on the quarterback?)
Once again, football, and God bless the video games, but just because you dial pressure doesn't mean you win the down. Football is always going to be about fundamentals, whether you have a pressure call or a coverage call, whether you throw the ball or run the ball.

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

God bless those Video Games!!

So much of the play calling is luck. I counted numerous times we brought good pressure, only to find out that it was a screen play. But I am very underwhelmed by the overall success of our pressure packages. if we aren't going to use our best pass rusher in Kampman then I don't even know how we plan to have great success putting pressure on the QB.
On top of every beard grows a man.
"The Bears are shell-shocked... and it's breaking my heart."
Cheesey
14 years ago
This is from a part of his presser that was left out: Mike McCarthy said
"Our pad level is too high. Thats on me. We'll look at the tape and get it fixed. Aaron also needs to get rid of the ball faster. He needs to be able to take the snap, and throw it from between the center's legs so he can avoid sacks. And Ryan Grant has been a real workhorse. Sure, he's only average 2 yards a carry, but they are very hard earned yards. It's not easy to avoid obvious holes to put yourself in a position to have to fight for every inch.
COACH, WHAT ABOUT THAT DROP BY LEE IN THE ENDZONE THAT WOULD HAVE BEEN A TOUCHDOWN?
"Was that Lee? Well....to be fair, he's a tight end. And with the way our offensive line has been playing, our tight ends have been in blocking on every down. So he was so caught off guard to actually have a pass thrown to him, I can totally understand his confusion."
YOUR THIRD DOWN DEFENSE WAS TERRIBLE AGAINST THE VIKINGS. EVERY TIME THEY GOT THE VIKINGS IN A 3RD AND LONG, THEY CONVERTED. WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS ON THAT?
"Hey....why don't you concentrate on the first 2 downs where we pretty much stopped them? Thats 2 out of 3, which is a good percentage."
WHAT ARE YOUR PLANS FOR THE BY WEEK?
"Well, I figure this will give me time to look at the tape and fix everything thats wrong."
HOW ARE YOU GOING TO DO THAT, COACH?
"I'm going to go through the film and erase every 3rd down we had on defense."
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
14 years ago
Oh....and sorry Zero!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I couldn't resist!!!LOLOL!!!
UserPostedImage
dhazer
14 years ago
That was good Cheesey, you had me rolling. +1
Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂 (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
14 years ago
Thanks Hazer!
I just couldn't resist it. My "Cheeseyness" doth boil over.
UserPostedImage
Nonstopdrivel
14 years ago
Meaningless drivel. I refuse to try to decipher his convoluted verbiage anymore.

(Have you talked any about moving Woodson to safety?)
Well, certain aspects of our defense, because of the way we do play, there are characteristics that he actually plays that responsibility.

Huh?
UserPostedImage
Pack93z
14 years ago

Meaningless drivel. I refuse to try to decipher his convoluted verbiage anymore.

(Have you talked any about moving Woodson to safety?)
Well, certain aspects of our defense, because of the way we do play, there are characteristics that he actually plays that responsibility.

"Nonstopdrivel" wrote:

Huh?

This is actually one of the more open comments he has.. because Williams and Harris take most of the outside coverage, they many times are letting Woodson take the short zones or routes and play a little like a Safety in a sense.. depends on the set and routes, but I have seen him basically play a shallow safety in a sense a number of times.. I don't know that I like our best cover guy playing off in sets, but with his nose for the football.. it isn't terrible either.

Williams ability allows such flexibility with Woodson.

As far as McCarthy's growing defensive and mildly combative responses, I am becoming less and less impressed with him.. want them to stop asking jagged "tough" intruding questions.. get this team to preform.

His video game comment is a slap.. like he is the only freaking gent to understand the X's and O's of football.. piss up a rope with that attitude and fix this repetitive shortcomings of this football team.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
Nonstopdrivel
14 years ago
Agreed. My comment wasn't that that statement was indecipherable, it was that it was one of the most comprehensible statements he's made this season. My favorite part of the entire presser was (ironically) the injury report. At least he was clear, concise, and unambiguous.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (2h) : $170 guaranteed. This might impact Jordan Love
Zero2Cool (2h) : Lions are signing QB Jared Goff to a four-year, $212 million extension
Zero2Cool (6h) : I know we moved on. That tidbit just makes me a touch happier.
Zero2Cool (6h) : Sources spoke of many, many times last summer where Hackett called a play, then Rodgers changed it completely at the line
Martha Careful (10-May) : 1. this is true of all our linemen. 2. His run block is fine. 3. If all OL played like he has, we would win SB.
beast (10-May) : Meyers pass blocking is really good, his run blocking is really not.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : Packers have claimed DE Spencer Waege off of waivers from the 49ers and waived DT Rodney Mathews.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : And the OL protections seem to be good.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : I really don't know lol. I don't see him getting blown up.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : -3 buwahhhahaaha
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : 4th
Zero2Cool (9-May) : because he's 1st
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : Myers isn't even the 3rd best C on the roster atm
Martha Careful (9-May) : I am not sure I understand the Myers hate. He was consistently our third best lineman. RG and LT were worse.
beast (9-May) : Just saying I don't think moving Myers would help Myers.
beast (9-May) : Center is usually considered the easiest position physically if you can handle the snap stuff.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : For now...
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (8-May) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (8-May) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Recent Topics
44m / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

12-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

11-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

9-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.