Zero2Cool
14 years ago
Source Link 

No team inflates opposing sack numbers like the Green Bay Packers. (Jared Allen will have to thank them in his Defensive Player of the Year acceptance speech.)

The Buccaneers had eleven sacks all season before Sunday, then dropped Aaron Rodgers six times. The return of tackles Mark Tauscher and Chad Clifton appeared to help in the first half, as Rodgers stayed clean. But Tauscher then went down with a knee strain in the third quarter and the carnage started.

Packers coach Mike McCarthy was asked if he'd be open to getting suggestions from other coaches or friends to help fix the problem.

"I think anytime you are in problem solving, it's about applying solutions. It's obvious what has gone on in our particular failures in that area," McCarthy said. "There are other options as we move forward, and those are some of the things we'll look to in certain situations. We don't need wholesale change.

"We may need to adjust some things and that will be our focus. But as far as going outside the building, I'm not going to sit here and tell you that I have all the answers, but I'm very confident in the issues that we've had in pass protection, that they are correctable."

McCarthy hasn't corrected anything so far. The Packers have taken seven more sacks than any team in football. The other top eight teams in sacks allowed all have losing records. The folks around the Packers are tired of hearing McCarthy say the same things each week.

After reading the above quote, Greg A. Bedard of the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel tweeted "Does McCarthy realize how infuriating that is for Packers fans to hear -- or even Aaron Rodgers and the receivers?"

McCarthy is either delusional or not doing a good job fixing the correctable mistakes, which certainly include Rodgers' penchant for holding the ball too long. McCarthy will likely have to make adjustments this week without Tauscher's help -- there is only a "slight" chance the right tackle could play.

Your turn, Cowboys.

UserPostedImage
PackFanWithTwins
14 years ago
Kick this clown out now, please.

If they are correctable, then correct the damn problems and quit jabbering about it.

Maybe run some short routes for a change. Nobody is going to expect it anymore.
The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
Yerko
14 years ago
Same shit comes out of that damn mouth...every...single....time.
UserPostedImage
Pack93z
14 years ago
I really care less what Mike McCarthy says any longer... he is beyond pathetic in these pressers and personally as fans we deserve and expect more than what has been given by this staff.. meaning Campen, Fonteno, Philbin, and MM.

Some said we are returning to the 70's & 80's... I disagree, I think these last two seasons have been harder as a fan because of expectations overall. Then you get repetitive drivel from the head coach like this.

I know I have tuned him out.. I am starting to wonder about the "Lost the Team" thread.. maybe I was wrong in my assessment of the state of the team.

It will be interesting to see how this team responds this week.. I think this might be the single biggest regular season game of Mike McCarthy tenure.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
yooperfan
14 years ago
So I wonder why he and his vaunted staff haven't corrected them over the last 2 1/2 years
Zero2Cool
14 years ago

So I wonder why he and his vaunted staff haven't corrected them over the last 2 1/2 years

"yooperfan" wrote:

Stubborn. They are the experts. It must be the players not doing the right thing.

I would like Mike McCarthy to be gone. I've been fooled too many times by his words. I'm done with it. I've tried keeping faith, confidence, all of that. But when I see someone slamming their head into the same wall for more than a year. I have to call it like it is. Stupid.
UserPostedImage
all_about_da_packers
14 years ago

Maybe run some short routes for a change. Nobody is going to expect it anymore.

"PackFanWithTwins" wrote:

McGinn has an article for subscribers re. Greg Jennings, and his lack of big-time plays in this offense.

There, he had a DB coach for another team analyze Jennings' play against the Vikings, and the coach concluded that Jennings was doing what he has always done: getting separation off the line, but Rodgers is simply progressing through his reads too fast to allow Jennings time to progress his route far enough to get open (be it a slant route, or a curl, deep route, etc.)

In addition, a scout reviewed the Packers games and concluded Aaron was responsible for almost 1/3 of the sacks given up by this team (31 as of Saturday - and Aaron himself was responsible on about 10 of them).

We take it for granted that the problem MUST be MM's playcalling.. but any man would realize that with the lack of time to protect, he needs to have people operate more short-are than have long routes. Mike McCarthy may be many things, but a total buffoon he is not.

Mike McCarthy himself has said that he's reverted back to the 2007 simple game plan calling for a more traditional style WCO.

Either Mike McCarthy is lying and is indeed totally oblivious to the product on the field, or fans are too readily turning to specific solutions that they perceive will be one-stop solutions...
The NFL: Where Greg Jennings Happens.
ILikeThePackers39
14 years ago
He's lying, or too stupid to know the difference.

As for this new "It's really Rodgers' fault" fad, even if the scout is right, that's 10 sacks on him as compared to 27 on the OL, through 8 games. Project that to the end of the season and it would be 54. All on the line.

Look - nobody here is saying the kid's perfect. Yes, he could get the ball out more quickly in some instances. But if we as a fan base are expecting him to make up for the hot mess in front of him, we're expecting too much.
blank
chibiabo
14 years ago
:physassult: Doing the same things over and over again and expecting different results is definitely a sign of insanity. Football may just not be Mike's game.
blank
bboystyle
14 years ago
i used to be a supporter of Mike McCarthy now i dont wish to see him coach anymore...TT still gets a pass unless he fails to fix this O-line this coming off season
Fan Shout
Mucky Tundra (11h) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (12h) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (13h) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (13h) : For now...
Zero2Cool (14h) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (17h) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (17h) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (20h) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (20h) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Insane about Kingsley
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
dfosterf (28-Apr) : We got Peter Bowde
dfosterf (28-Apr) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
dfosterf (28-Apr) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
beast (28-Apr) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (28-Apr) : damn those vikings
beast (27-Apr) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (27-Apr) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (27-Apr) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
38m / Green Bay Packers Talk / earthquake

6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / beast

4-May / Packers Draft Threads / bboystyle

4-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

3-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.