agopackgo4
14 years ago
Oh I forgot an overrated player. How could i....well idk if i should say it. I get crucified everytime it comes up lol. i'll say it. Donald Driver= overrated.
Why you ask? too many drops. Espicially too many drops on easy ones...i know i know..he makes tough catches...
millertime
14 years ago

Overated is Nick Collins. He is not the playmaker that Polumulu or Ed Reed are yet his agent is going to demand their contracts this offseason. Don't get me wrong, Collins is good, but overrated by Packer fans.

"DakotaT" wrote:

So he is not as good as two of the greatest safeties of the last 25 years? That makes him overrated? You know for a fact his agent is going to screw over the Packers? Newsflash: Every agent tries to get elite contracts for their players. I don't see you point.

I guess Jennings is also overrated because he's not as good as Randy Moss and Reggie Wayne. Aaron Rodgers is totally overrated because he isn't as good as Peyton Manning or Drew Brees...

I know I'm being a dick, but I'm finding your logic flawed.

Underrated = JENKINS!!!!!!!! and Sitton to a lesser degree although it is hard to give props to anyone on our o-line.
14 years ago

I will start with the underrated part I guess i will have to go with the whole dl. In a 3-4 the dlinemen never get any credit for stuff.

Now i will take shit for this but the most over rated player has to be Rodgers. I am so sick and tired of people saying hes top 3-5 qb. I say let the guy play and in a few years i can see him as that but right now i would say he's around 10th. I know i will be called a hater but thats just how i see it. Sure he puts up stats and usually is pretty good in the bs stat of qb rating but i think he has alot to learn and prove yet.

Like i said in a few years i can see him as a top 5 qb but just not right now. Close 2nd would have to be Jennings for this year, he has fallen of the map as far as stats go.

"dhazer" wrote:

I agree but Rodgers is only over rated by packer fans. No one else shows him any love.
UserPostedImage
DakotaT
14 years ago

Overated is Nick Collins. He is not the playmaker that Polumulu or Ed Reed are yet his agent is going to demand their contracts this offseason. Don't get me wrong, Collins is good, but overrated by Packer fans.

"millertime" wrote:

So he is not as good as two of the greatest safeties of the last 25 years? That makes him overrated? You know for a fact his agent is going to screw over the Packers? Newsflash: Every agent tries to get elite contracts for their players. I don't see you point.

I guess Jennings is also overrated because he's not as good as Randy Moss and Reggie Wayne. Aaron Rodgers is totally overrated because he isn't as good as Peyton Manning or Drew Brees...

I know I'm being a dick, but I'm finding your logic flawed.

Underrated = JENKINS!!!!!!!! and Sitton to a lesser degree although it is hard to give props to anyone on our o-line.

"DakotaT" wrote:

Those are game changing plays he lets go through his fingers, and I'm not exagerrating. I guess if he could catch, he'd be a very good slot receiver.

You're not beign a dick. Everyone is so sensitive.
UserPostedImage
Brettizzle
14 years ago
Overrated - Chad Clifton

Underrated - Mason Crosby
Jermichael Finley

We will be in Indianapolis

Zero2Cool
14 years ago
2009 Season

Underrated : Nick Barnett - He's quietly making plays and doing what's expected of him more and more each week.

Overrated : Aaron Rodgers - The sacks have taken their toll on him and he's at fault for a plethora of those sacks. More games like Sunday, minus the handful of miscues, and he's back into a top 5 QB in the NFL in my book. Right now, I'd have to throw him 8-13.
UserPostedImage
LordFootball
14 years ago
Over rated - working for a living
Cullen Jenkins - Personally, I thought he was going to have a pro bowl type year. He's been solid but he's not the super star I thought he'd be.

Under rated - Johnny Jolly, this guy has been a beast this year. I'll add Pickett to the list also
blank
cooolbeans08
14 years ago

Cullen Jenkins - Personally, I thought he was going to have a pro bowl type year. He's been solid but he's not the super star I thought he'd be.

"LordFootball" wrote:

I think you're way off here. He's playing just about as good as you can for a 3-4 DE.

I disagree with anyone saying Clifton is overrated, simply because I don't see anyone overrating him.

Greg Jennings is reaching overrated status, as much as it pains me to say it. He's not playing like a top 10 WR this season, whether it's because of the protection or something else.
blank
LordFootball
14 years ago

"cooolbeans08" wrote:

I think you're way off here. He's playing just about as good as you can for a 3-4 DE.

I disagree with anyone saying Clifton is overrated, simply because I don't see anyone overrating him.

Greg Jennings is reaching overrated status, as much as it pains me to say it. He's not playing like a top 10 WR this season, whether it's because of the protection or something else.

"LordFootball" wrote:

I don't think I'm way off on Jenkins. I said "PERSONALLY, I thought he was going to have a pro bowl type year". I just felt that he was going to be unstoppable off the line. That's why to me, personally, I had him over rated. He's having an excellent year and I am glad he's in GB. He looks so quick for a big guy. He almost got burned on a screen play against Dallas but recognized it in time to chase the RB down from behind before a big gainer. We have a great line in Jolly, Pickett, and Jenkins

Personally, I had Jenkins over rated
blank
Pack93z
14 years ago
I have said this a couple of times since Sunday.. our linebackers had a good day, but some of that good day was because those 3 down lineman brought it hard, fast and tight against the biggest line in Football.. if they can play like that the rest of the year.. this defense is going to be just freaking fine.. not over-rated a single freaking bit.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
Fan Shout
Martha Careful (15h) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (15h) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (16h) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (16h) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (16h) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Insane about Kingsley
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
dfosterf (28-Apr) : We got Peter Bowde
dfosterf (28-Apr) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
dfosterf (28-Apr) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
beast (28-Apr) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (28-Apr) : damn those vikings
beast (27-Apr) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (27-Apr) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (27-Apr) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
beast (27-Apr) : OL – Donovan Jennings, USF OT – Trente Jones, Michigan
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : Interesting draft. A bit shocked that we didn't select an early CB. Definitely have Safety help. Pretty happy overall.
dhazer (27-Apr) : wow the last 2 picks are really stupid and probably will be special teams players Top 10 draft pick next year book it
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : I think he ended up with a terrible RAS score
dhazer (27-Apr) : Anyone know what went on with Kitchens from Florida? At 1 point he was to be the Packers 1st round and he is way down the board now
Martha Careful (27-Apr) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Flag?
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / beast

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / beast

4-May / Packers Draft Threads / bboystyle

4-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

3-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

3-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

3-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / go.pack.go.

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.