Nonstopdrivel
14 years ago
I voted for Rodgers for all the reasons Silentio outlines.
UserPostedImage
RaiderPride
14 years ago
Chico has to get it... If it is truly based on the MVP on the team.

Without Aaron this team does not make the palyoffs. That is a fact.

I would like to see Co-VIP's Both Arron and Chuck.
""People Will Probably Never Remember What You Said, And May Never Remember What You Did. However, People Will Always Remember How You Made Them Feel."
kobe16
14 years ago
I voted Woody. Without his play on defense i dont know how we'd fare.
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member Topic Starter
14 years ago

If you ask me, it's a toss-up between Woodson and the D-line as a whole. Mainly Jenkins and Pickett.

Jenkins is doing such an amazing job. You know that you have a good 3-4 DE when the offense is double teaming him because of his rushing abilites. He doesn't have to work to take two guys out of the play, the OCs do it for him.

Pickett is horribly underrated. The man is absolutely amazing. He's our one-man wall. How often have we seen him work his way through a guard and a center and still get the RB down for a loss? This defense falls and stands with its NT play and Pickett is holding his own, to say the least.

But, in the end, I have to go with Woodson. Teams either go around him and just don't throw in his direction (I don't think that Flacco targeted him even once) or throw at least one pick to him and for the most part still shut down the receiver. That's absolutely amazing. And this is not only in man, this is in zone, as well. How many corners do you know who can play zone just as well as man? He also plays safety, covers TEs, covers the slot, blitzes up on the line of scrimage, shuts a receiver down with a 8 yard cushion, shuts a receiver down playing press.... It's just amazing.

And, the stats speak for themselves. Huge amount of tackles, leading the league in ints, returning 2 for TDs, forcing fumbles, just making game changing plays. He's just off the charts this year. He gets my vote.

"Rockmolder" wrote:

Understood.
I thought about giving a spot to the DLine but I doubt the team will do that and I already had so many choices.
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
14 years ago

i vote...

<---

"TwinkieGorilla" wrote:

I like how you posted your vote.
+1
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
14 years ago

God this is a brutal poll. No, not blaming the poster at all, but the simple fact that if I vote for Rodgers I'm snubbing Woody and vice versa.

"zombieslayer" wrote:

I agree. I was just stunned when I realized Woodson can be the D MVP or DPOY and still not be the team's MVP. I just wanted to see what others were thinking.
In the end I had to go with Rodgers too. After all he too had a great year and unless GB won like the Bears of old where their defense either scored the TD's or set up the offensive scores you have to give a lot of the credit to the QB.
UserPostedImage
Greg C.
14 years ago
No need to list anyone other than Rodgers and Woodson. As I've thought all along, Woodson is our best player but Rodgers is our most valuable player. I think he would be hard to replace because he makes a lot of plays with his feet. He is a great improviser, rather than just a "system" QB, as so many thought he was when he came into the league.
blank
Bigbyfan
14 years ago
Besides all the obvious choices (Rodgers, Woodson, D Line), I think someone who should get some love is Tauscher. Just look at our o-line situation before and after he joined the team. Having him at RT has freed up our tightends to run routes, opposed to staying in to block. I don't feel like looking this up, but it seems our win streaks started when Tauscher came back to form. Besides anyone who replaces Barbre is a winner to me. 😃
blank
hardrocker950
14 years ago
It is tough picking just one player. All of the players mentioned above have been huge difference makers (well except Crosby.) I think it is a toss up between Rodgers and Woodson. They both look good on the field, and on paper (though I'm not a big stat guy.) Rodgers is easily one of the top QBs in the league right now, and really doesn't get enough credit for it.

Woodson is one of the best CBs in the game, if not the best. Although getting some attention from the media, it seems like he is also shadowed a bit. Congrats on your latest franchise record by the way!

All of the others mentioned have surpassed my expectations by FAR! I think of the others on this list, Clay Matthews has really impressed me the most. I see him making a huge impact for years to come.

Is there some anti-Packers media group or something? Anytime any of these players get mentioned on any sports show, someone always has to open their trap and bring up someone else that nobody wants to hear about anyway.
wpr
  • wpr
14 years ago
All right. Who voted for Crosby?

Was it the little gnome vikesrule or formo or you gravedigga? 😳 :grin:
UserPostedImage
Users browsing this topic
    Fan Shout
    Zero2Cool (1h) : I miss having Sam Shields.
    Zero2Cool (3h) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
    Zero2Cool (3h) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
    packerfanoutwest (16h) : having a great long snapper is gold
    Zero2Cool (22h) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
    Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
    Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Insane about Kingsley
    dfosterf (28-Apr) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
    dfosterf (28-Apr) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
    dfosterf (28-Apr) : We got Peter Bowde
    dfosterf (28-Apr) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
    dfosterf (28-Apr) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
    beast (28-Apr) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
    Mucky Tundra (28-Apr) : damn those vikings
    beast (27-Apr) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
    beast (27-Apr) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
    beast (27-Apr) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
    beast (27-Apr) : OL – Donovan Jennings, USF OT – Trente Jones, Michigan
    TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : Interesting draft. A bit shocked that we didn't select an early CB. Definitely have Safety help. Pretty happy overall.
    dhazer (27-Apr) : wow the last 2 picks are really stupid and probably will be special teams players Top 10 draft pick next year book it
    TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : I think he ended up with a terrible RAS score
    dhazer (27-Apr) : Anyone know what went on with Kitchens from Florida? At 1 point he was to be the Packers 1st round and he is way down the board now
    Martha Careful (27-Apr) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
    Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
    Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Packers looking to trade up
    Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Flag?
    Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Sag?
    Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : It rhymes with "bag."
    beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
    Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
    Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
    beast (25-Apr) : 49ers are Cap Tight
    beast (25-Apr) : Fuck
    Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : Kanata, I will be when I'm on my lunch later
    TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Love you NSD
    Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Huh. I guess the F-word is censored in this fan shout.
    Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Anyone who doesn't hang out in the chat probably smokes pole.
    TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : GoPackGo Thinking CB is the pick tonight
    TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Anyone hanging out in the chat tonight?
    Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : whoa...49ers have had trade conversations about both Deebo Samuel and Brandon Aiyuk
    Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : I hope they take a Punter at 9th overall. Be bold!
    Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I may end up eating those words but I think they need a lot more talent then their 4 picks can provide
    Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I really hope they stand pat and Draft a WR
    Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : @DMRussini
    Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : The Chicago Bears are very open for business at 9 and telling teams they are ready to move for the right price, per source
    buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend Penei Soul 4yrs - 112mil
    buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend St. Brown 4 years 120mil and
    Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : Now look, trading up to 13 to take a TE might not seem like a good idea later but it will be later!
    dfosterf (24-Apr) : (Your trade up mock post)
    dfosterf (24-Apr) : Mucky- The only thing fun to watch would be me flipping the f out if Gute goes up to 13 and grabs Brock Bowers, lol
    Please sign in to use Fan Shout
    2023 Packers Schedule
    Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
    Bears
    Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
    Falcons
    Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
    SAINTS
    Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
    LIONS
    Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
    Raiders
    Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
    Broncos
    Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
    VIKINGS
    Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
    RAMS
    Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
    Steelers
    Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
    CHARGERS
    Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
    Lions
    Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
    CHIEFS
    Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
    Giants
    Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
    BUCCANEERS
    Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
    Panthers
    Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
    Vikings
    Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
    BEARS
    Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
    Cowboys
    Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
    49ers
    Recent Topics
    16m / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / earthquake

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

21h / Feedback, Suggestions and Issues / Zero2Cool

21h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

22h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

22h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

23h / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

28-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

Headlines
    Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.