zombieslayer
14 years ago
+1 to TengoJueno and Rockmolder. Both very good posts.

I don't want him, especially for a lot of money. We have some CBs developing right now.

I wanted Sprowles more from them, but then there's that price tag. Do we want to spend $7.3 million for a #2 RB/all-purpose back? Tempting, but that price may be too high for TT.

My personal beliefs are Ted Thompson will try to get us some more pass rush and build up our OL in the offseason.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
blueleopard
14 years ago
I'd still take Cromartie over everybody on the field but Woodson.

The guy's young, huge, and athletic. Who's to say he won't learn from Woodson?
Danreb Victorio A Believer of Greg Jennings
porky88
14 years ago
I agree that Shawn Merrimen would be a mire desirable player to go and get. I feel that pass rush along with pass protection is the 2nd most valuable asset to a football team. QB being the first. However, Antonio Cromartie would easily become Green Bay's No. 2 corner. He's still very young which fits into the mold of this team and his experience in the 3-4 is a plus. He has a lot of talent. He's as talented as any corner in football minus Darrelle Revis and his cousin Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie.

You get him and this allows you to bring Al Harris back slowly from his injury, but when he does come back, he can go to being the nickel back which is pretty much a starter in this defense anyways considering how much nickel Dom Capers likes to play. It also bumps Tramon Williams to the dime back.

That's quite the upgrade one player could make.

I'm guessing a second round pick gets it done. He may even go for less. Actually, probably less.

My guess is San Diego will get Vincent Jackson and Marcus McNeil locked up long term this off season. I think you could see them part ways with Cromartie and Merrimen. They've drafted replacements for both of those players in Antonie Cason and Larry English.

Again, I'd prefer Merrimen, but I wouldn't rule this out either.
dhazer
14 years ago
I watched the videos but i have seen Harris do the same exact thing a few times. I do have a question and that is who are these so called up and coming cb's and where the hell were they this year? I sure hope your not talking about Bush lol. Porky brought up a good point and that is the Harris injury are we even sure he can come back from it and he isn't a young pup anymore.

I saw we work a deal and get both Merrimen and Cromartie send then a 2nd and 3rd. Hell i even say throw in Bush lol
Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂 (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
zombieslayer
14 years ago

I watched the videos but i have seen Harris do the same exact thing a few times. I do have a question and that is who are these so called up and coming cb's and where the hell were they this year? I sure hope your not talking about Bush lol. Porky brought up a good point and that is the Harris injury are we even sure he can come back from it and he isn't a young pup anymore.

I saw we work a deal and get both Merrimen and Cromartie send then a 2nd and 3rd. Hell i even say throw in Bush lol

"dhazer" wrote:

Williams is going to be a solid CB.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
TengoJuego
14 years ago

"blueleopard" wrote:

I'd take Harris over Cromartie 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and 365 days out of the year.
14 years ago

"TengoJuego" wrote:

I'd take Harris over Cromartie 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and 365 days out of the year.

"blueleopard" wrote:

Al Harris is 35 though.
UserPostedImage
blueleopard
14 years ago

"cheeseheads123" wrote:

"TengoJuego" wrote:

Al Harris is 35 though.

"blueleopard" wrote:

That's a double-edged sword. You prefer Harris, who consistently gets beat deep against bigger receiver?

Or you prefer Cromartie, who won't tackle a 5-8 RB.
Danreb Victorio A Believer of Greg Jennings
Rockmolder
14 years ago

"blueleopard" wrote:

"cheeseheads123" wrote:

Al Harris is 35 though.

"TengoJuego" wrote:

That's a double-edged sword. You prefer Harris, who consistently gets beat deep against bigger receiver?

Or you prefer Cromartie, who won't tackle a 5-8 RB.

"blueleopard" wrote:

And who constantly gets beat without safety help.

Cromartie is no shut down corner. Jammer gets a lot closer to that than Cromartie does. I don't want a player who comes up with flashy plays but doesn't shut anyone down. Even worse, he hasn't shown up in the flashy plays department since his break out season in 2007. If anything, I'd like to use that 2nd or something on a rookie CB, rather than getting Cromartie with it. Maybe a team that's desperate for a CB like the 49ers can go after him, but I don't want him here.

I know that he's a kick returner, as well, but so is Perrish Cox, for instance. Again, I'd go with the rookie.

The only way that I'd trade a pick to the Chargers woul be if they wanted to part ways with Merriman... But I made a rant about that one on the first page in this thread.
all_about_da_packers
14 years ago

You get him and this allows you to bring Al Harris back slowly from his injury, but when he does come back, he can go to being the nickel back which is pretty much a starter in this defense anyways considering how much nickel Dom Capers likes to play. It also bumps Tramon Williams to the dime back.

"porky88" wrote:

If you are going to make Al a Nickel CB, you might as well cut him; as Charles Woodson said: "Al don't do nickel" (after the Cowboys loss in 07).

There is a reason that Al came back as starter last year after his injury - despite Tramon playing very well in place of Al.

There is a reason that against the Cowboys in 07, they ran trips bunch formation and made Al play out of the slot - Al's strength in man coverage are most vulnerable from the slot position.

I'd much rather have Merriman, because he comes in and fills an immediate need: pass rusher.
The NFL: Where Greg Jennings Happens.
Fan Shout
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Insane about Kingsley
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
dfosterf (28-Apr) : We got Peter Bowde
dfosterf (28-Apr) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
dfosterf (28-Apr) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
beast (28-Apr) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (28-Apr) : damn those vikings
beast (27-Apr) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (27-Apr) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (27-Apr) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
beast (27-Apr) : OL – Donovan Jennings, USF OT – Trente Jones, Michigan
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : Interesting draft. A bit shocked that we didn't select an early CB. Definitely have Safety help. Pretty happy overall.
dhazer (27-Apr) : wow the last 2 picks are really stupid and probably will be special teams players Top 10 draft pick next year book it
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : I think he ended up with a terrible RAS score
dhazer (27-Apr) : Anyone know what went on with Kitchens from Florida? At 1 point he was to be the Packers 1st round and he is way down the board now
Martha Careful (27-Apr) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Flag?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Sag?
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : It rhymes with "bag."
beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

10h / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

11h / Packers Draft Threads / beast

12h / Packers Draft Threads / beast

16h / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

16h / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

4-May / Packers Draft Threads / bboystyle

4-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

3-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

3-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

3-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / go.pack.go.

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.